In Denial and Guy Magnet?

Marrying Cinderella

I sat silently on the living room of my and Yerin’s house. I starred at the TV without any ounce of being entertained by the funny variety show that I was watching. I waited for Yerin to come back. It’s already 6 PM; she’s supposed to be here. Where is she?

Finally, I heard footsteps outside the apartment; footsteps made by high heels. She’s here.

Undoubtedly, Yerin opened the door and entered the house without noticing me sitting on the couch. I starred at her, waiting for her to notice me.

“Oh, did I forget to turn off the TV?” she asked herself. Sheesh, Yerin, I’m here!

“I’m here,” I said which made here startled.

“Oh, you’re here. How are you doing?” she said, as she took off her black high heeled shoes. She came closer and asked, “What do you want for dinner? I’ll cook anything you want.”

I looked at her face with a serious stare. “What were you doing with Leeteuk this morning?”

Her face turned blank. She looked at me, must be trying to figure out how I knew about what I just said.

“How did you…”

“Just answer me, please,” I said, getting serious.

“I accidentally called him out of pressure. Honestly, I didn’t know that it was him that I was calling,” she said.

“Are you sure that’s the truth?” I asked.

Yerin sat down beside me with a smile. “Heechul, are you jealous of Leeteuk?”

“No,” I said, in denial. “Why should I be?”

Yerin smiled silently. “I was pressured this morning; I didn’t know what to do. Out of nowhere, I dialed a number and turns out it was Leader.”

“And…”

“Well,” she was hesitating, but then said, “I sort of cried in front of him. I was a mess.”

“What were you crying about?” I asked, wanting to know more.

“Oh, that. Remember the event I was telling you, the huge task?”

I nodded.

“This idiot right here,” she pointed at her face, “lost the plans and the drafts. I almost ruined the whole event. Leeteuk came and comforted me, and after a while, I finally got into my senses and got back to the event finished the whole thing with Leeteuk and some student’s help.”

“But it turned out well, right?”

She nodded.

I looked at Yerin’s face intently. So this morning she was worried and scared and pressured. She cried…and I wasn’t there to give her a hand. Worst is, Leeteuk helped her.

I pulled Yerin towards me and hugged her.

“Heechul…what are you doing?” she managed to ask after a sudden shock.

“Next time, it’s me you should call, okay?” I said.

“Next time, it’s me you should call, okay?” he said. I smiled.

“Of course,” I said, returning the hug.

When finally I wanted to let go, Heechul didn’t budge. He kept his arms around me, steadily breathing and heart pounding. He didn’t want to let go. And we stayed like that for some moment.

“Heechul…” I whispered to his ear.

He mumbled, “What?”

“I need to cook dinner.”

And finally let go. I looked at his face; he looked delighted. He had this smile on his face that can light up any person’s emotion. He was seriously and ecstatically happy. I smiled at him.

“What are happy about?” I asked.

“You, of course,” he said, looking at me.

“Silly…” I said, and stood up, making my way to my bedroom to change clothes.

 

“Yerin, good job,” the principal personally told me. “It’s a wonder how you pulled that off in just 30 minutes.”

The principal of the school personally went to the faculty room to congratulate me. Wow! This is an achievement!

I replied, “Oh, there must be an ‘angel’ by my side.” I thought of Leeteuk at that moment.

“Well, good job.” The principal shook my hand and went back to his office.

Sunhwa, who was standing a few meters away from me, ran towards me soon as the principal was out of the faculty room.

“Congratulations,” she said with a grin. “Hey, don’t forget to treat me to a fabulous restaurant, alright?”

I smiled. “Of course. Honestly, I think you’re my lucky charm. I can get through any problems with your help.”

“Oh, shocks,” she said giddily. “I am not.”

“Or was it Leeteuk’s help?”     

“HEY!” she shrieked.

Some faculty teachers turned their attention to us, startled from the annoying shriek Sunhwa did. We both bowed in apology.

I pulled Sunhwa to her desk and made her sit on her chair. I, then, went back to my desk and sat on my chair, checking my notebook.

“Yerin,” Sunhwa whispered. She was peering over the divider in front of us. “When can I see ALL of the boys?”

Huh, Super Junior.

“Hey, you just saw Leader yesterday,” I whispered.

“I know. But you know that it’s ‘hot abs’ I want to meet,” she whispered, getting frustrated. Hot abs? Oh, Siwon. This is fun, talking in codes I mean.

“Will you wait?” I said. “Besides, I was shocked Leader actually came.”

“You’re right. Why would he come all of a sudden, to think that he’s a celebrity?”

Then, a light of pure stupidity hit Sunhwa for asking. “Do you think he likes you?”

My mouth opened widely. “What are you talking about?”

“Don’t you see…”

“Sunhwa, that’s impossible,” I defended. “There’s no way on earth he’ll like me.”

“Yeah,” she said sarcastically, “like there’s no way ‘Cinderella’ will ever like you. Oh wait, he’s already head over heels for you.”

“Let’s just stop this,” I said, looking away.

“In denial…” she whispered.

There is no way on earth Leeteuk likes me. But then, why would he come? Why was he so concerned he even have to come to me and comforted me? He even helped me with the event yesterday.

 “Yerin,” said one of my fellow teachers, who was standing by the door of the faculty room.

I looked at her direction and asked, “Yes?”

“Someone’s looking for you,” she said.

I stood up, puzzled who is this who came for me. Sunhwa was intrigued as well, coming with me to the door.

“I reckon that’s one of your admirers,” Sunhwa whispered to my ear. She was one step behind me, following me to the door.

A guy was standing beside the door, his back facing us. He was wearing a black coat and dark jeans. When he finally faced us, both Sunhwa and I agreed that this guy is indeed good looking. He had this cute expression and a heart-melting smile beneath a square, black-rimmed eyeglass.

“Hi, Yerin, this is for you,” he said, handing me a basket of fruits.

“Who’s he?” Sunhwa whispered.

I continued to stare at him. WHO THE HELL IS HE? I can’t remember.

“Don’t you remember me?” he asked. Gosh, you just read my mind.

I shook my head. “I don’t believe me met.”

“Come on,” he laughed. “I know I may have gone for a long time, but to the extent that you’ll forget about me…that’s ridiculous.”

He smiled again. Then, it hit me.

“Oh my God, Jun!” I said in English.

 “Hey, finally.” He opened his arms, wanting to hug me, and I immediately hugged him. “Did you miss me?”

“No…” I said, pulling away from the hug.

“You’re kidding right?” he said in disappointment as he looked at me.

“No, I totally forget about you,” I said in honesty.

“Oh, so I’m wasting my time here.” He was stepping away when I pulled his coat.

“Fine, I missed you. But, I didn’t recognize you, to tell the truth.”

“Yeah, you were shocked just now,” he said, smiling. “Did I get ugly?”

Sunhwa giggled by my side; I did the same. “No…”

“Oh, but I definitely didn’t get any plastic surgery, alright?” he said in defense.

“Okay, if you say so,” I said, still giggling. “Ummm, anyway, Jun, this is my friend Sunhwa.” I pointed to Sunhwa, and Jun offered a hand.

“Nice meeting you,” Jun said with a smile.

“Same here,” Sunhwa said, smiling back.

“Do you, ladies, want to have lunch?” he asked.

I looked at my watch. “Oh no, we still have classes. What about tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow’s okay. I don’t have anything to do tomorrow, anyway. I’ll call you,” Jun said, looking at me.

“Oh, my number…”

“Don’t bother, I have it…”

I looked surprised. “What?”

“I took it from your resume, from mom’s office.” Sheesh, he’s still sneaky Jun.

“Okay,” I replied. “We’ll see again then.”

“Bye Yerin, Sunhwa.” He let with a bow and walked away.

Sunhwa and I looked at him ‘til he was out of sight.

“Seriously, Yerin, what kind of power do you have?” she asked. “First, Cinderella. Then, Leader. Now, Him!”

“He’s my friend,” I said, looking surprised.

“Yeah…” she said sarcastically. “Just be careful.”

“What do you mean?”

“Cinderella can have the wrath of the step-mother.”

Sunhwa entered the faculty room; I followed her inside.

“He’s just my friend.”

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone, this is my update on Super Junior's anniversary. This chapter *sigh* is boring. (IMO)

But I still hope you'll like it. Don't forget to comment, alright?

~Crina