Still In Love

I used to love you

Sitting in a bar with Yoochun at his side, Junsu took another shot of Soju and watched as YooChun contemplated his shot for a second before then taking it down as well. “What happened?” Junsu asked, nudging his ex at his side, trying to stay positive about the situation. For once, Junsu hadn’t called YooChun first. Yoochun had called him up, saying he needed a drink and the two went out to one of their usual places. YooChun hadn’t spoken much though, which wasn’t exactly rare for him. Out of the two, Junsu was more talkative by nature.

A sigh escaped from YooChun’s slightly pouting lips as he turned heavy eyes towards Junsu. “I think…I think JaeJoong left me.” Junsu could tell YooChun was confused and hurt, though to be honest Junsu was a little happy. That meant YooChun was available, right? Still. Being a friend right now, Junsu’s eyebrows knitted together in worry and he poured them both another shot of soju before nudging him with his shoulder. “Why?” Might as well get him talking about it before he got his hopes up. “I thought he was going to fight to the death for you. What changed?” Junsu asked, going to take the shot of alcohol as YooChun did.

I did…” Yoochun finally said with a hiss at the taste of the alcohol. Wrinkling his nose at the alcohol, Junsu swallowed a couple times to get the taste to pass and then raised an eyebrow at YooChun. “You changed?” He asked, laughing a little at that thought. “You seem the same to me.” He then offered, only for YooChun to narrow his eyes in his direction. “I HAVE changed. But so have you.” Yoochun said, sighing a little. “I just don’t know anymore” Yoochun said after a moment of silence.

How did we change then?” Junsu asked, his eyes scanning the movement in the bar for a second before then turning back towards Yoochun who seemed to be contemplating life at that moment. “I became stronger.” YooChun said finally with a nod, still staring at his shot glass before then reaching for the alcohol and pouring them both shots, finishing off their second bottle of soju.

And that’s bad?” Junsu asked, grabbing the bottle and putting it aside so that the waitress would see and bring them another bottle. “Shouldn’t he be happy you’re strong? Or wait…” Eyes wide, Junsu didn’t even want to think about him becoming stronger ually, thus hurting JaeJoong. “You don’t mean…did you hurt him?” Yeah, he REALLY didn’t want to think about that. But his mouth worked faster than his brain. Yoochun then laughed and shook his head before taking the shot, Junsu following suit.

No, not like that. But I don’t know.” Yoochun said, finally looking at Junsu for more than a couple seconds. “I just…I don’t know what I want Junsu. Well. I do know what I want. I want everyone to be happy…” Yoochun always seemed like the guy to put others first so that they would be happy. Junsu frowned though, shaking his head lightly. “Do what makes you happy Chunny…” Junsu wanted to tell him that it would be pointless to try to make everyone happy. In this world, someone was always going to miss out one way or another.

I don’t know…” Yoochun said, his eyes looking up towards the waitress who brought them another bottle and took away their previous one. Moving to open up the next bottle, Junsu poured them both shots and let his sit in his hand for a few seconds. “I’ll be happy as long as you’re happy Yoochun.” Junsu said with a definitive nod. If Yoochun just wanted him to back off so he could live happily…Junsu would try. He just couldn’t live without Yoochun in his life. Could they be ‘just friends’? It would be difficult. It would also hurt him to see Yoochun with JaeJoong. But if it made Yoochun happy…

That’s what he said too.” Yoochun said before then taking his shot. Junsu let his shot sit in his hand a few more seconds, mulling over what YooChun said. “That’s the last thing he said before leaving.” Okay, that needed the shot. Swallowing down the liquor, Junsu was really starting to feel the alcohol. If they both stepped back and let YooChun decide, what would happen? Junsu didn’t want to push YooChun against what he wanted, but if he didn’t know what he wanted then where would they end up?

How do you feel?” Yoochun asked, turning towards Junsu with heavy eyes. “Um…” Junsu started, not sure what he meant. “About us.” Yoochun said to clarify before eyeballing Junsu’s shot. “Oh.” Junsu said, moving to drink his shot before Yoochun was to comment on it. “I want you for myself. But I also want us to be where we were. When we were all three happy just being together.” Junsu said, a small nod to his head.

Do you really love me still?” YooChun asked, leaning his head against his fist, his elbow propped up on the table. Junsu nodded, discarding the shot glass. “Always.” He said, taking a breath of air before his lips. “I know you’re tired of broken promises, and I’ve had too many ‘second chances’…but…I’m a lost man for you.” Junsu said, looking at Yoochun before his lips again. Maybe he needed another shot? Maybe he should drink water. Junsu wasn’t sure which would fight this dry mouth, however he then moved to pour and then drink another shot.

I just…don’t know what I would do without you by my side Yoochun.” Junsu said, turning his almond eyes towards Yoochun. “I tried to move on when we split but…It only made me realize that no one can take your place…ever.” Junsu then watched Yoochun nod a little. Junsu knew better than to expect an answer out of him though. JaeJoong probably treated Yoochun a lot better than Junsu has in recent time. It was expected for Yoochun to be torn.