In Heaven

I used to love you

The next morning after he’d been woken by Junsu’s drunken call, YooChun couldn’t get him out of his mind. Sighing, YooChun got up and showered before getting ready for the day and then heading to work. Looking over the text from JunSu over and over throughout the day, YooChun avoided talking to Junsu and JaeJoong until the day was done.

Finally able to go home, YooChun saw several texts and missed calls from Junsu but nothing from JaeJoong. It’d only make sense though. JaeJoong was still upset with him. Still wanted him to call him first, to prove that he wanted to be with him. Right now Yoochun didn’t want to work at anything. Maybe he was being selfish, but right now he wanted someone to prove to him that they loved him more than anything else. JaeJoong had scared him the week before and disappointed him to be honest.

Calling Junsu back, the two spoke for a few minutes before deciding to meet up. What would it hurt to see him again? He honestly worried about Junsu after he’d been hospitalized. Seeing him hurt at the bottom of the hill had been terrifying. It was that night that YooChun realized he wasn’t able to live without Junsu. Sure, he’d tried for a while and things were good. But seeing Junsu in that helpless situation had showed him that it was just an act that he could go on without him. If Junsu had died…well Yoochun didn’t want to think about that.

Arriving at the small café that Junsu said to meet, Yoochun saw the other was already sitting at a table with two drinks in front of him. Waving to his ex, YooChun went to sit down across from him and watched as Junsu pointed towards the cup. “It’s still warm. I got your favorite…” A small smile played on Junsu’s lips as YooChun looked shocked at the drink and then took  sip of it. “Mmmm” Yoochun approved of it and then continued drinking from the cup for a few more seconds before letting it down with a smile.

How was work?” Junsu asked with a curious expression on his face. Junsu never seemed to care about his work in the past. Okay, maybe in the beginning. But now he seemed to genuinely care. Unsure of whether this was just because he was trying to get him back or not, YooChun shrugged a little. “It was okay. A little tiring but that’s work, right?” Yoochun then chuckled and watched as Junsu leaned forward a little. “Are you too tired to go for a walk?” A little shocked, YooChun shook his head and watched as Junsu stood up with his drink and then motioned for him to come.

The two went for a short walk chatting about everything under the sun. At first it started with the weather, then it wandered on to their day and then silly things like music and movies. Just like old times. Back before Junsu was money hungry and had nothing to talk about outside of his own job. Yoochun wasn’t sure how long they’d walked; however before he knew it they were at a park where some kids were playing on swings. By this point both of their drinks had run out so Yoochun pointed out a trash can in the park and lead Junsu over for them to throw their drinks way.

It was peaceful, just the two of them like this again. Junsu wasn’t sitting there begging for him to choose him, wasn’t trying to make things awkward at all. He just seemed happy to be by Yoochun’s side for the walk. That’s how love should be, right? You shouldn’t have to try so hard. You shouldn’t have to fight. It seemed that even though YooChun and JaeJoong were happy, YooChun always had to work so hard to make sure they were happy. JaeJoong seemed happy most of the time but lately he’d been so different. He always seemed to have skeletons lurking in his closet ready to come out and drag him into a depression though. That’s just how JaeJoong was. Happy at times, miserable at other times.

At least with Junsu, Yoochun knew what to expect.

I really missed you YooChun” Junsu finally said. It didn’t sound like he was begging him back though, just stating a fact. “I’ve missed you too” Yoochun finally admitted, feeling a lump in his throat at the words. He avoided looking at Junsu when he said that though. He knew the other would get his hopes up. Did YooChun want him to get his hopes up though? Did he want Junsu to fight for him again? Maybe. It was better than him not caring about him like before, right?

I should probably head back home though.” Yoochun finally said and then turned towards where they came from so he could get to his car and drive home. “Alright Yoochun. I’m going to stay here for a little while longer. Let me know when you get home safe?” Once again, something the old Junsu would say. Nodding, YooChun half waved and said, “Okay, I’ll be leaving first then…” before turning away and heading back to his car. Today was definitely an eye opener, that’s for sure. 

 

------------

 

Ahh, I was going to use lyrics from the song buuuut i just kept typing and before I knew it there were no lyrics, just feels. Lol anyways, I hope you enjoy and sorry for the wait!