08 TFT

The Final Test (Discontinue)

 

Hi everyone...I've uploaded it! Sorry for keeping you waiting on the updates...

Hope you guys like this chap... ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Jungki shook off the craziest thought that his head was thinking of.

Angel doesn’t exist…

Jungki scanned himself if there any wound on his body and he sigh in relieve. Nothing got punctured or broken. He then looked at the girl, his savior in front of him. He didn’t know how the petite girl could save him, but he was thankful. Upon noticing the boy was looking at her, Eungi flashed her sheepish smile.

“Are you hurt?” The boy asked with deep concern. He reached out his hand and checked if the girl was hurt by himself.

“Ouch…” The girl said clearly in pain when Jungki lifted her right hand.

Jungki spotted a graze mark on her elbow –she must have grazed her elbow while she was saving him. He felt guilty though the wound wasn’t really serious and there’s so little blood on it.

“You are hurt…” He informed the girl. Eungi quickly took a look at her elbow. She suddenly gasped and covered the wound with her free hand.

“Why? Does it hurt? Let me see…” Jungki panicked.

Eungi face showed discomfort. Jungki reach out his hand again at her elbow but she nudged it away.

“Why? Let me see it…” Jungki tried to reassure her. Instead, she shook her head and brought her steps away from Jungki. Jungki was bewildered at her sudden change. Her eyes showed reluctances. It was as if he was going to hurt her. “Eungi-shi…”

Jungki exhaled deeply and he rubbed the temple of his head. “I won’t hurt you, I promise.” He showed his crossed fingers.

“No, I’m fine. You should go home.” Eungi deadpanned. Jungki scoffed as the girl was suddenly suggesting him to go home. Rather than being concerned at the girl, he now felt that he was being challenged.

He slowly closed their distance and Eungi looked at him cautiously. He jumped at the girl and both of them fell on the ground as Eungi couldn’t bear his weight. Jungki yanked Eungi’s hand away and had a firm hold on her injured one.

“Don’t l-look!” Eungi said through gritted teeth.

And obviously the boy ignored her. For the second time on that day Jungki’s eyes were deceiving him again –well that’s what he thought. Her elbow was fine; the graze was already gone –smooth skin not even a scar on it.  Jungki blinked his eyes a few times and he grasp Eungi’s other hand. No wound.

Jungki’s anxious eyes travel to Eungi’s then back to her hands and again back to her big eyes. Eungi pushed Jungki away. He lay flat on his back with his dark brown orbs still enlarged. Eungi got up and took a few unstable steps away from the boy. She turned her back on Jungki and dashed off to where ever her feet could take her.

Eungi slowed down her pace after she was sure Jungki was far away enough from her. She was at some corner of the school. Her black orbs scanned her surrounding for any unwanted guess in her solitude. Since it had passed school hours, there was no one. Instantly her wings black popped out and she flew towards the sky above.

 

Jessica clenched her fists tightly and her pale skin turned red. She bit her lower lips trying to dissipate her anger. Her anger mildly dissipated. She spun her body towards the door as she heard it clicked. Instantly, her anger was brought to the maximum level again.

Jessica’s cold eyes pierced deep into Eungi’s terrified one. Second later, she showed her calm self. The redness on her face slowly faded away as Eungi approached her. Eungi walked with very unstable steps. Later, the death angel dropped on her knees. Jessica hated how Eungi look so weak and vulnerable at that very moment.

Jessica crouched to the death angel level. Eungi was fidgeting. Jessica took Eungi in her embrace.

“What is it? Tell me…” Jessica said with a very warm and soft tone unlike her usual cold one. She let her hand slowly Eungi’s black hair.

 Eungi softly pushed Jessica away. “I-I t-think I’m exposed…” She finally blurted out the fact –the very same fact that Jessica knew all along.

Jessica could felt the tension inside her. Her desires wanted to hurt the death angel in front of her. She hated that Eungi could easily gain a place in Jungki’s heart. She hated so much over the fact that Jungki smiled at Eungi differently. She despised that Eungi’s and Jungki’s memories about each other were slowly coming back.

She cursed at herself for not being able to save her human earlier. It’s ridiculous how Jungki was actually saved by the death angel and not her. It disgusted her when a death angel wants to turned into a guardian. She wanted the death angel to vanish!

Jessica had loved Jungki for eighteen years and silently protecting him. Through the final test she had the chance to show herself in front of Jungki and she had waited eighteen years for that. No angel could feel how she felt on the first day of her encounter with Jungki.

With hatred consuming her sacred heart, an invisible dagger –to Eungi’s eyes – slowly formed in Jessica’s hand. Her eyes showed no sympathy or regret. There’s nothing she could regret as her heart was already tainted with hatred. If Eungi vanish, there won’t be regret because Jungki will be alive. Jessica’s eyes flickered in temptation. She aimed the dagger for Eungi’s heart.

 

“Eungi…”

 

A new voice echoed in the apartment. Jessica dagger disappeared.

 

Jessica saw a tall guy all in black standing in front of her. Eungi flinched as she seemed to recognize to whom the voice belongs to.

“Jongsuk…” Eungi said the latter name with much delight.

“I’ll excuse you two…” Jessica muttered as she got up on her feet. She walked to her room (Eungi’s too), opened the door and closed it behind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongsuk crouched down next to Eungi who was sitting at edge one of the highest building in Seoul –their usual meeting place. Jongsuk touched her silky, curly, black hair. Eungi turned her head to the left to see the latter’s face. Jongsuk one of the most trusted dark angel by Satan, showed his usual emotionless expression as if he was dead inside. Nevertheless, his touched was still warm to Eungi and she grinned when Jongsuk ended playing around with her hair.

“What are you doing?”

Jongsuk shrugged and let go of Eungi’s hair. “I…need you to do something on behalf of Satan.”

Wind blew roughly on their body at the mentioned name. Eungi could felt the coldness bit her and she shivered to her spine. Jongsuk rose and held out his hand at Eungi. She looked up at the latter as she bit her inner cheeks. Should she take his hand?

 

What path will you take my dear death angel?

 

It’s time for you to show your faithfulness to the underworld…

 

Eungi felt Jongsuk stare was getting grown more coldly and piercing. Counting every second silently in her heart, she grabbed Jongsuk’s hand and got up from her position. And again the cold wind blew.

“Do I have any choice to turn down the request?” Eungi asked wanting an assuring answer from her superior. Eungi hated she was an angel from hell where she’s actually one of the millions slaves for Satan. Every angel from hell had the duty to serve their king –which was a way to show faithfulness to the underworld king. It could be in many form, stealing souls (That’s why Jessica always misunderstood Eungi), tainting humans and maybe as awful as killing another angel –from heaven.

Most of the angels that had been sacrificed for the underworld were light angels as the Satan himself feared the smallest harm they could do –guiding humans to the path of God. Realizing that her time had come, Eungi anxiously waited for Jongsuk to tell her true quest to be the angel of hell.

“Henry…” Eungi’s black orbs shrunk at the mentioned of the name. She knew what the awful thing she was requested to do to Henry.

Jongsuk then continued “He may be the one –the powerful light angel that had been awaited for centuries, the true protector of Heaven. Before he turns into a full angel…you have”

“No!” Eungi clutched her head in denial. “Why me?! He’s my…my…m-m.” Eungi couldn’t finish her sentence. She cursed at herself for not being able to admit the truth she felt deep inside her heart. Absentmindedly, Jongsuk said the word out of his mouth.

“Friend? Such definition doesn’t exist in our world.” The cruel words that he said brought despair to Eungi. “You are the perfect one –you still have the ‘forgiveness’ under you. Even if you do an unforgivable thing such as killing…”

Eungi screamed inside her head.

“You’ll be forgiven…a full angel like myself are not protected with ‘forgiveness’ you knew that. And what made it the perfect task for you is because you are you. You are the closest to him and it would be easier for you…”

Jongsuk moved forward closing their distance. He placed his hands on Eungi tensed shoulder. “The ‘devils’ are after you…you saved the human, death angel are supposed to kill–”

“No…the death angel duty is to ‘send away’ souls!” Eungi denied.

“Please understand…” Jongsuk tone changed to a more begging manner. Her cold eyes were pleading. Seeing the sudden changed, Eungi was confused. “It’s the only way I could save your life from the devils…and in exchanged you have…” Jongsuk buried his face on Eungi’s neck.

“I’m sorry.” He mumbled.

“I was for once thought I could feel happiness…when I save him, when I saw him still alive…my heart flattered.”

Jongsuk slowly let go of Eungi. He turned around showing Eungi his back instead.

“The Song Jungki that you are supposed to send away in a month is the one that you’ve saved.”

The shocking truth was liked a hard slapped in the face. Eungi felt her world was spinning and she could felt that she’ll collapse on the floor any minutes.

“And the flashback that you’ve been having are you memories I’ve erased. Soon, you’ll remember about that boy too…”

Eungi couldn’t believe at what her two ears had just heard. She felt betrayed –Jongsuk had erased her memories – speechless at the latter hurtful confession. If she could shed tears it would have already cascaded down her cheeks.

 

 

So, I don’t have any path to choose from…after all

 

I’m born –created and obligated to serve Death…

 

Death will make us apart…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

* Leave a comment ^^ *

 

 

cute-rabbit-emoticon-013.gif to be continued...