01 TFT

The Final Test (Discontinue)

 

 

This story is totally a fiction, an imagination of the writer. Most of the facts in this story are made up, so don’t be confused with the reality.

Angels appear out of nowhere and one by one entered the Meteora ground. Meteora is a school for angels from heaven and hell. It is something similar to Hogwarts in Harry Potter to put it in a simpler way. There are many types of angels and many didn’t know it. Most angels from heaven are destined to be light angels or as guardian angels. Meanwhile angels from hell are destined to be dark angel or angel of death. Other than that there are angels of love or more known as cupid.

Among those angels, angel of death is the most special one. An angel of death duty is to send soul to Meteora (also known as the place that connect heaven and hell). There, soul will face judgment and decided to go to heaven or hell. It is the angel of death duty to send the soul to heaven or hell. Angel of death is the messenger between heaven, hell and earth.

Eunji, one of the many death angels in Meteora was going to Earth for her final test to graduate from Meteora and be a full angel. She will be send to earth along with nine other angels. One of them was her close friend Yoseob, a cute cupid angel. There’s also the beautiful guardian angel-to-be, Jessica.

Like any other schools on earth or Hogwarts, there’s the beauty, powerful, geek, nobody and the natural. There’s also the angel born and reincarnated angel. Angel born is naturally born as angel, whereas reincarnated angel is soul that is born again as angel.

Among the ten angels that will be sent to earth none of them are reincarnated angels. But there’s the beauty of Meteora, Jessica and the natural wannabe, Eunji. Eunji parents are one of the most powerful dark angels in hell. So based on her background she should be hanging out with the most popular yet snobbish group but she rather spent her time with a nobody, Yoseob.

“Do you ever wonder how earth is?” Eunji asked as she looked down at the fluffy cloud below her feet.

“No, not really. Since, we will eventually send there for our final test.” Yoseob replied needing a cloudball in his hands. He then threw it at Eunji but it slowly dispersed in mid-air. “You seem very interested about earth.”

“Aren’t you?” Yoseob shook his head. “It’s boring here, I’m tired of getting surrounded by white and fluffy clouds. Really, its annoys me!” Eunji kicked off the cloud on her feet.

Yoseob let out a chuckle. “I thought it’s different in hell.”

“Hell. Don’t even mention about it. If it’s not the long and dark road all you see is fire. That’s why I decided to be a death angel, not a dark angel. So I can travel freely between hell, heaven and earth.” She complained.

“How about heaven then? Have you been there?”

“You know I haven’t, you should ask Jessica.”

“Urghhh…I don’t want to mingle with her.” The cute cupid scrunched his face. “During first year, I asked her where the light pond was. She just walked past by me, shining brightly. She’s not the only one who can glow.”

Yosoeb wriggled himself. Then, a huge pair of pure white wings popped out from his back, glowing. He flapped his wings a few times, receiving a grunt from Eunji.

“Hey, don’t show off!”

“Eunji…you have wings too, remember?”

“Yes…a pair of black wings. It also gives me chill when I saw my own wings.”

“They are supposed to give you chills. Death angels are scary.” Yosoeb answered back jokingly.

“Arayeo…Hey, have you prepared for your final test?”

“Eunji-ah, how can I prepare for the final test…when the upper hands are keeping it a secret. We won’t know what our final test is until we pass or fail it, remember?”

“Arghh…being an angel is tough!”

“What the two of you doing here?” Henry the smiley light angel interrupted the two friends. And yes, he’s the smiley light angel because he always smiles at anybody and anyone or anything. He’s a pure innocent guardian angel.

“It’s time for us to descent to earth! Don’t want Jeremy to fail us, right?”

Quickly Eunji and Yoseob followed Henry from behind to the light fountain. There, the other seven angels stood waiting for them. The three were relieved the mentioned Jeremy was not there yet. As the three was about to join the group, a huge whirl of wind blew above their head. A huge pair of white wings could be seen from a far.

It was Jeremy, their teacher for “Etiquette of Angels.” He graduated from Meteora as a light angel. Most of the time he likes to fool around but when it comes to issues about the angel’s world he’s all serious. Like most angels from heaven, he’s a beauty too and blond. His blond hair made him shine more than any other angels. Like Yoseob said, he’s glowing!

“It’s time for our angels’ descent to earth and complete their final test. The ten angels standing in front of me will experience life of the sinful humans and blend in among them…And beware not to show your true nature in front of them or you’ll be punished severely. Is there any curious mind from our fellow angels?”

Jessica raised her hand. “What if we accidentally show our true nature to those sinful humans?”

“Didn’t you hear me, punishment will awaits you. If you aren’t even able to hide your true form from those humans what’s the point of this test.”

All ten heads nodded.

“Now, each of you will stand under this fountain and descent to earth. I wish you to complete this final quest and come back as newborn angels. And as a final memento, not to be attached with the human world.” Jeremy glared at them.

“Cupids don’t do your duties sloppily. Love is a curse for angels.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunji looked at her black slivery wrist watch. Its ten minutes before midnight, her next schedule for the day. The midnight wind blew through her silky hair and she shivered due to the cold wind touches. Eunji crossed her arms as her eyes wandered at the busy streets in the big city.

The human world always made her heart skipped a beat. There are a lot of things experienced by the humans that she couldn’t understand fully. Greed, grudge, sorrow and love, humans are far more complicated than those four words.

Eunji spent her first month on earth sending souls to heaven. And that night she will be sending another soul away from earth. She stood still on the edge one of the many sky scrapers in the city. Bright colorful lights decorated the dark night and Eunji looked at the dark sky above her. A few stars were glittering the night sky. Before this she never knew that day and night even exist because in Meteora it’s always the same.

Eunji looked at her watch again and it was time for her duty. She spread her huge black wings. Even though it was dark, her wings glow in their special way. The scary way, like what Yoseob said. Without hesitation Eunji jumped from the building and flapped her wings. She was flying. She glided through the night sky.

“Please save my wife, doctor! Please, I begged you!” A man pleaded to the doctor that was trying to save the dying patient on the bed.

“I’ll do my best. Nurse, please bring him out of here.”

The nurse did as instructed. With the husband out of the way, the doctor did his best to save his patient. But, perhaps it was really time for the patient ‘to go.’ Her heartbeat suddenly got weaker, that moment the doctor knew. He told the nurse to bring in the husband.

During the commotion, Eunji was also standing there but of course she was invisible to the human eyes. She stood right next to the patient bed witnessing what happened. She saw how the husband trembling hands reached out for his wife.

He held his wife weak body firmly. Then the wife started to breathe unevenly. Every breath she took was long and difficult. The husband bit his lower lip and tears rolled down his cheeks as he felt his wife getting weaker and then motionless.

“Time of death five minutes passed midnight.” The doctor let out a small sniffed.

As for the husband, he was still holding onto his wife body. “You’re still so hot. How can I believe you’re already gone? We’ve been married only for a year, how can you do this to me?” The husband wailed.

Eunji could felt some kind of piercing pain on her chest. It’s the first time she ever felt that kind of pain. He then wiped the tears on his face. He slowly placed the dead body on the bed and covered it. The doctor and nurse then left.

“Where am I? Is that me? How?” A pair of eyes looked at Eunji anxiously. “Who are you?”

“I’m Eunji, the death angel schedule to take you, Miss Song Jihyeon.”

“Are you saying I’m dead?!” The woman pointed at herself. Eunji nodded her head and held out her hand.

“No!” Eunji’s hand was slapped away. “I can’t die now!”

“I saw your ‘last moment’ and I-i…really sorry about it. Even though I don’t really understand the human feelings, I can see he really loves you.”

“What are you blabbering?! Love? He’s only faking it!” The woman pointed at the man in front of them. The man who was crying and wailing a few minutes ago was gone. Only a smirk can be seen on his face. He left with a wide grin.

“That filthy scumbag. He only approached me because I was dying and have a lot of money. And what more cruel is that I found out about it on my wedding day! I can’t go now; I have to make sure he rots in hell!”

“No! You have to come with me!” Eunji chased after the woman.

The woman finally caught up with her used to-be-husband. She reached out her hand to chocked the latter but couldn’t. She just passed through.

“No. It’s time for you to go. If you want him to be punished, you have to come with me.” Eunji grabbed the woman hand.

“Let go of me! I want him to suffer in front of me!” Eunji was thrown on the floor with a huge force. The woman standing in front of her was radiating with a furious aura. Her eyes were red, full of grudge. Eunji never saw it. She couldn’t understand what was happening to her and the soul.

“Then, I’ll have to force you to come with me.” Eunji grabbed the soul but soon she let go of her hand. Her hand was burned but soon recovered itself.

“Step back!” A voice ordered Eunji. She looked back and saw Jongsuk. A really tall and good looking dark angel. He’s her superior. “You’re dismissed. I’ll take it from here.”

“No. I want to stay. I was schedule to take her away. It’s my duty!”

“Your duty ends here! You are too weak to handle her. Listen to your superior for once!” Jongsuk yelled. With that Eunji backed away and slowly disappeared.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jungki put on his black suit. He placed a black tie around his neck and only stared at his image on the mirror. His eyes were gazing the photo frame behind him. It was a photo of him with his grandmother. His grandmother that had passed away.

With his grandmother gone, he was all alone. His parents may be still alive but they practically didn’t exist in his world or life. His father got divorced to marry another woman and a few years later his mother got re-married to a loaded old man. Jungki was left with his grandmother because his mother wanted to keep him a secret.

“Jungki, are you ready?” A girl came into the room. “Let me help you with your tie.”

“I can do it myself, Jessica.”

“Arasoe. I’ll be waiting outside. Don’t cry…I hate crying man!”

Jungki put a smile on his face since Jessica made an effort to cheer him up. He had known Jessica barely for a month, but she had become someone that’s really important in his life. Jungki first met her at the hospital his grandmother was treated. She did volunteer work there and later he found out they were in the same class. It’s weird how he didn’t notice they were in the same class before. He blamed himself for skipping school because he needed to take care of his sick grandmother.

It doesn’t matter if Jessica show up in his life later or sooner, Jungki was just thankful that a kind person like her exists in his cruel world. Perhaps she’s his guardian angel. Sorry, sound so cliché.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Comments are most welcome^^

 

cute-rabbit-emoticon-013.gifto be continued...