02 TFT

The Final Test (Discontinue)

 

 

Eungi opened her eyes and was dazzled by sunlight from above. She was lying flat on the green and lush bed of grass. She squinted her eyes. Eungi noticed something was coming towards her. Some kind of flying human with a huge pair of white wings. She covered her eyes with her arm as the force from the huge pair of wings created a mini tornado. Yoseob feet touched the ground.

“Hey, chinggu…what happened?” Yoseob asked.

“You heard? I don’t know, I’m still waiting for ‘them’ to decide what going to happen to me.” Eungi pointed at the sky above.

“Well, you better be careful next time. Humans are unpredictable.”

“Yah!” Eungi nudged Yoseob. “FYI, I was dealing with a soul.”

“Eungi-ah…The soul was a human. I’m just trying you should be aware when you are around them. We’re angels. They thought we don’t exist. Don’t be too attached to them or our world will be exposed.”

“That don’t make any sense! They don’t know about us as long as we keep our mouth shut. I know you are worried; I’ll take care of myself. Now, let’s go to class…huh?”

“Do you even know where our class is anyway?”

Eungi shook her head. “I’m sure you know where it is.”

“I know you were busy with your death angel business for about a month, but you better pay attention in class.” Eungi arched her eyebrow. “We also need to pass human school. Don’t get yourself expelled.”

“Aishh, you should have told me earlier about it. This !”

“I thought you like Humans.”

Eungi gave Yoseob a piercing glare.

 

Jungki brushed his teeth with his eyes still closed. That morning he felt different, because he was alone in the small rooftop place. He had moved into a smaller place after his grandmother died and much closer to his school. His grandmother’s house was left empty and he had asked the ahjusshi next door to look after the house while he’s gone.

After washing up, Jungki put on his school uniform. He wore his socks and grabbed his old sweater. He made sure the door was locked and head out. Jungki then hopped on his bicycle and headed for school. He was cycling his bicycle at the speed of light. The soft wind hit his face and his hair was a mess. He then reached out his hand at his back and put on his hoodie.

When Jungki was about to reached the school he slowed down his speed. He made a turned at a corner and saw Jessica was waiting for him at the school gate. His lips slightly curved at the sight of Jessica. Jessica waved at him. Jungki made a stopped right in front of Jessica and hopped off his bicycle.

“Morning, Jess.”

“Morning…” Jessica replied with an angelic smile. “How’s the rooftop place?”

“I guess it’s okay. I don’t see any huge rats or cockroaches running around the room. Thank you for finding the place for me.”

“It’s the least I can do for you.”

“You have done enough for me.” Jungki ruffled Jessica’s silky brownish hair.

“Aniya…it’s my job to help a friend in need.”

“Friend?” Jungki pouted cutely. Jessica just giggled it off. “You are mine, do you know that?”

“Arasoe…” Jessica nodded. “Then, I’ll go to class first!” Jessica shouted as she ran to class.

Jungki could only wave his hand at her since she was already few meters away. He slightly tilted his head wondering how Jessica could run so fast. With her speed she can be on the national team.

Jungki locked her bicycle and walked to class. Then he could felt a sudden breeze though the morning was not windy. He spun around and noticed two students on the school field, a little bit far away from where he was. A girl and a boy. His eyes grew wide when he saw the boy seemed floating in mid-air.

He blinked his eyes a few times and looked carefully at the direction of the two particular students. The boy was standing footed on the grassy field. Were his eyes playing tricks with him? He brushed his eyes with his two hands and took a look again. Jungki patted his own chest and took a long breath.

“Wake up…Jungki. Wake up!” He knocked his head a few times.

During class Jungki couldn’t keep up with everything. He was missing too much of schools since he had to take care of his sick grandmother. Jessica who was sitting in front of the class had her eyes glued on the teacher in front. Jungki smiled at himself.

Jungki was obviously drowned in Jessica’s beauty. He couldn’t stop looking at Jessica who was now writing some equations on the writing board.

“Aishhh…darn! I hate numbers!” A girl sitting near his seat wake him up to reality. Jungki hissed at the saddened interruption.

“Henry, how can you even cope attending this school? I like Meteora more.” The girl said again grumpily.

“Meteora? What kind of school named Meteora? Never heard of it. Must be a school overseas.”

Jungki thought in his head. He took a glanced at the girl and the mentioned Henry. Henry looked like a foreigner. Henry was a blond and has a pale white skin. The teacher didn’t make ruckus about his hair color so, it must be its original color. But he wasn’t sure about the girl. He assumed that she must be a Korean who lived abroad before coming here.

Then, Junki’s attentions were brought back to what happening in front of the class. The teacher was praising Jessica for her job. Jessica glanced at him and Jungki flashed his infamous cute grin. But then, a frowned formed on Jungki forehead, when he heard the girl next to him swore again. This time she also ruffled her curly black hair like she had lost her sanity. Jungki unconsciously giggled at the silly girl. Jessica happened to noticed it.

The school bell rang indicating it was time for recess. Jungki and Eungi rose from their seats in sync. They looked at each other with wide eyes. Jungki froze as he was captivated by the pair of black orb looking back at him. Jungki almost drifted away but, saved by Jessica.

“Jungki, let’s have lunch together.” Jessica wrapped her arm around Jungki’s. Jungki nodded and Jessica dragged him with her.

“What Jessica doing with the human boy?” It was the first thing came out from Eungi mouth.

“That human boy happens to be her ‘boyfriend.’ Boyfriend…yes, that’s the correct term.”

Eungi narrowed her eyes at Henry for further explanations about the ‘boyfriend’ term he was talking about. And Yoseob gladly explained it to her.

“You are a death angel, you probably don’t know much about love. You know humans fall in love, right?”

Eungi nodded her head.

“The boy calls his lover girlfriend and boyfriend for the opposite.”

“What?! So, those two are lovers?” Eungi blinked continuously. “Aren’t this kind of attachment to humans are prohibited for us? Oh my! Is she going to fail the final test?!” Eungi exclaimed.

The two angels shook their heads at a slow pace. “She’s not in love with him, so she’s not breaking any rule. Jessica actually asked a help from me to shot Jungki with my cupid arrow.”

“I thought you don’t want to mingle with her.” Eungi snickered. “But why would she do that?”

“I heard that Jessica is Jungki’s guardian angel.” Henry grinned widely.

 

Eungi was by herself on the school rooftop. She spun around when she heard footsteps form behind. It was Jongsuk. Her superior. He’s tall and had a dazzling look. Dark aura was radiating from his body. Eungi gulped down the saliva forming.

Jongsuk stood a few meters away from Eungi. Jongsuk narrowed his eyes at Eungi.

“They had made a decision.” Eungi slightly nodded waiting for the next sentence. “You won’t be ‘sending away’ any soul for the next few months. You’re only schedule to send a soul eight months later. It’s a boy named Song Jungki.”

Jongsuk moved closer to Eungi and bent down since the latter was much shorter than he was. He placed his index finger on Eungi’s forehead and put a little force on it.

“So you better behave yourself. Don’t cause any trouble like you just did, a few hours ago.” Jongsuk pushed Eungi with his index finger.

“What is that for?” Eungi protested as she rubbed her reddened forehead. Eungi let out a sniffed.

“Can you tell me actually happened to the soul last night?” Eungi gathered up her courage to ask.

“It was regret.” He simply replied. Eungi frowned. “Do you even read your textbook?!” Jongsuk flicked her forehead.

“Humans have regrets. If a soul has regret, last night incident is the best to explain the consequences.”

“So, where does soul with regret end up?”

“In hell…”

Eungi’s eyes widened. It was the first time the soul scheduled to her was sent to hell. She really hated hell. It was the most devilish place. All the screaming, torture, and flickering hot flames were sickening her from inside.

“What have I done. Can’t they just let the soul to be on earth until she gets her revenged?”

“What if something goes wrong? Will you be responsible?” Jongsuk asked her back. “Human can’t be trusted. Things would be out of hand if the soul became a revengeful spirit, a ghost.”

“She’s a soul not a human anymore.”

“She used to be one. Stopped protesting and just follow the order that you are given. You also need to pass human school too. Don’t put anymore shame to the underworld.” Jongsuk then vanished slowly, forming a small orb of red light.

“Show off much…” Eungi scoffed. “He’s just a reincarnated angel, I’m the pure truly an angel around here!”

“Yahh, who are you talking to newbie.” A voice startled Eungi. It was the boy who sat near her seat.

“I’m not a newbie! I never saw your face around, so you must be the newbie here.” Eungi crossed her arms.

“I’ve been here longer than you first step into this school.” Jungki took a bite on his sandwich. Eungi stared at him as he munched his food.

“Want a bite?” Jungki shoved the sandwich in front of Eungi face. She pushed it away.

“I don’t eat.” Eungi walked away from the boy.

“My name is…”

“I don’t want to know your name.” Eungi cut him off. “I’m not supposed to mingle with human.”

Jungki watched as Eungi disappeared from his sight.

“She’s weird and cold.” Jungki scoffed through his filled mouth. He munched hard on his food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

cute-rabbit-emoticon-013.gif  to be continued...