10 TFT

The Final Test (Discontinue)

 

 

Hi^^...it's been a while!

Here's an update...enjoy reading!

________________________________________________________________________________

Eungi bent down and scanned herself in front of the mirror. She was having the same nightmare for two days straight. Her hair was sticking on her sweaty forehead. She touched her wet forehead amazed at the foreign liquid coming out from her skin. It must be because of her ‘tied’ wings. Her body was losing her angelic abilities.

“Eungi!” Henry continued to shout her name from behind the locked door. It was the third time that Henry had woken her from her horrible nightmare. Deep in her heart Eungi will always be thankful to Henry for that.

Eungi stomped her feet towards her locked bedroom door and unlocked it.

“What?!” She flung opened the door. She wasn’t in her best mood that morning –not after what had happened last night and the nightmare she had.

Henry looked at Eungi with his lips quivering. Probably too shock to see the latter grumpiness. Eungi rolled her eyes at Henry as he look like he could broke in tears any minute if Eungi continued glaring at him. 

“What?”

Eungi questioned again but with a softer and calmer tone. The corner of Henry’s curved when he sensed the death angel in front of him wasn’t acting grumpy anymore. He grinned at the death angel –forgetting that she actually almost made him cry a few seconds ago, before using his index finger to point at the direction of their living room.

“Someone is here for you. He said that you will be under his probation.”

Henry’s eyes moved back and forth between Eungi and the guest in the living room. He then mouthed “what did you do?” at Eungi.

Eungi stepped out from his room and walked pass Henry. She noticed Yoseob who was sitting at the dining table in the kitchen, took a few glances at her guest. Eungi averted her eyes from Yoseob and finally set in on her guest. To her amusement –in that early morning it was Jongsuk.

The fact that Jongsuk was in their apartment (she shared with Jessica, Yoseob and Henry) not really suprising but he was dress differently from his usual attire –a black suit and tie. Jongsuk was wearing their high school uniform –which totally fits him. His black hair was also dyed brown.

“What are you…”

“Eungi, I’ll be looking after you.” He winked at the latter after cutting her off. He rose from his seat and approached Eungi who was blankly stared at him. Jongsuk lifted his left hand and tapped it softly on Eungi head. He tilted his lips –smiling. Scoffs from Yoseob and Henry could be heard. But Eungi didn’t blame them because Jongsuk was a complete different angel from how he was yesterday at their meeting place –absentmindedly asked Eungi to actually kill Henry.

Jongsuk later spun Eungi around. “Go on, take a shower or we’ll be late.” He placed both of his hands on Eungi’s back and pushed her back to her room.

Eungi was walking towards the bus stop with three handsome boys by her side. Yoseob and Henry were on her sides and Jongsuk was walking behind them. Eungi noticed how she was receiving attentions from the people on the street with the boys. It was certainly not a very comfortable feeling. A few high schooled girls were whispering among themselves and steal a few glances at the boys and piercing look at Eungi.

After some explanations about Jongsuk sudden appearance in their apartment, Yoseob and Henry learned that Eungi was under ‘probation’ and her wings were tied like theirs too. Eungi was careless enough to save a human boy guarded by Jessica and almost got herself exposed and the matter didn’t actually caused a bewilderment to Yoseob as he knew Eungi’s act should be applaud for. Little that the two were actually had not been told about what Eungi did later that night and how she was assigned to assassinate Henry. Well it wasn’t really a great thing to know about the fact and let it be a secret for the time being.

 

Eungi walked down the stairs with her mind roaming somewhere unsure. She was walking all alone towards the teacher’s office after being told by their homeroom teacher going there during recess. Fortunately, Jongsuk didn’t tag along with her and she was getting pretty annoyed being watch 24/7 by her superior. Eungi only was thankful enough to Yoseob and Henry because the two successful distract Jongsuk in some random conversation and Eungi managed to slip away unnoticed.

The teacher’s office was crowded with teachers and some students could be seen talking or being scolded by their teachers. Eungi made her way to her homeroom teacher’s desk and noticed the teacher was already engaged in a conversation with a male student. Eungi recognized the figure very well even only from looking at his back. The dandy milky skinned boy was Jungki, the boy she had been ignoring trough half of the school session that day.

Eungi stared blankly at his back. Her tremendous efforts to ignore the boy existence were surely worthless as she already sunk deeper with her thoughts of Jungki. She tried to deny her feelings but it only grew stronger.

Mrs Park, Eungi’s homeroom teacher tilted her head when she noticed another presence in front of her. As she expected, it was Eungi the girl that she had instructed to meet her during recess. After her conversation with Jungki had ended, she signaled Eungi to come closer.

Only after what seemed to be a few long seconds had passed, Eungi made her way to Mrs Park’s desk. She managed to put on a cold-hearted mask on her face when Jungki was actually smiling at her. Eungi maintained her poker face and only brushed shoulder with the dandy boy.

“Anyeonghaseyeo, seonseangnim.” Eungi greeted along with a bow.

“Ne…Eungi-shi. You’ve done a great job in your midterm.”

The teacher patted Eungi’s arm since she was remained seated in her chair and Eungi was standing in front of her. Mrs Park handed Eungi’s report card and the student took it in her hands. Eungi scanned the piece of paper and she had to admit that her grades had improved but she didn’t let the excitement showed on her face. Anyhow, the homeroom teacher grinned at her student and congratulated the latter again.

“Aside from your good grades, I have a good news for you, Eungi-shi. Starting form today, you don’t have to go to the intensive class anymore. I’m so proud of you. I hope you can keep up the good work. Get that?”

“Ne.”

“Araseo…you can go have your break now.” With that Eungi bowed and left the teacher’s office.

Once outside the teacher’s office, Eungi halted her steps in the corridor. Her sight was brought to the piece of paper that content a few useless letters such as A, B and B+. She scrunched the paper in her hand and tucked it in her skirt’s pocket.

Eungi turned at a few corners before she made it to her classroom building. It was on the second floor of the four storey building. She ascended up the stairs and then her steps was put to a halt abruptly when she was about to turn at a corner. She was actually stopped by a hand. She nudged her head to her right to find the dandy boy she saw at the teacher’s office was responsible for bringing her to a stop.

“What this?” Eungi’s eyes glared down at Jungki’s hand that was still blocking her way.

The boy didn’t waste his time to explain what he’s doing to Eungi since he had grabbed the girl’s wrist dragging her to a quieter place. Apparently, Eungi didn’t know what he was actually thinking in his head. She tried to yank her wrist free but her strength wasn’t enough to defeat the boy’s own strength. Jungki actually felt something was off with the girl under his hold since a few days prior, he knew that the girl was much stronger than he is.

“Let go!” Eungi demanded from behind. Being desperate, Eungi slapped Jungki’s arm a few countless times using her other free hand. The boy winced at the pain. Nevertheless, Jungki ended obeying the girl. He let go of Eungi.

Eungi’s chest heaved up and down –out of breath but her glare never left the dandy boy. Jungki had dragged her going up a few flight of stairs and not having her angelic ability, Eungi could easily run out of breath.

Neglecting hygienic concerns, Eungi sat down on the staircase –exhausted. Jungki also joined her a few seconds later sitting next to the body of the petite girl. He took the chance to begin the conversation that he been eager on. Jungki thought hard on the right words he should say to the latter as he don’t want to freak her out.

“Have you ever b-been to my house?”

In nanosecond, Eungi averted her gaze on the floor to Jungki’s face. It was the first time of that day she managed to look at the boy’s face properly. He still had his dark brown orbs and the flawless milky skinned that she adore so much. Eungi noticed that a frown slowly forming on Jungki’s face probably waiting anxiously for her answer.

Putting on her cold-hearted mask again, Eungi denied that she had ever been to Jungki’s house.

“Why would I go there? I didn’t even know where your house is.” She faked a frown at Jungki.

Jungki arched her eyebrows and it almost becomes a straight line on his forehead. Jungki thought hard again. Eungi’s words had its logic. How silly of him to suspect Eungi had ever been to his house –she didn’t even know his address. Eungi doesn’t even have the slightest reason to pay a visit to his ‘humble’ rooftop place that he called home.

The next few minutes was occupied with silence. Jungki seemed too busy mustering his own thoughts. Eungi who doesn’t seem to think there’s any benefit in having the conversation –if the other kept his mouth shut and his thought only to himself, stood up. She was about to take her next step to descend down when Jungki put her to a halt again.

Frustration crept inside her and she knew being with him even a few seconds longer will just put her in a difficult position. She tried marching forward but her wrist was held firmly. She felt wind swiftly gushed on her face and as she expected Jessica was there in front of her a few steps far. The guardian angel was most certainly invisible to Jungki’s eyes. Eungi spun around and laid her gaze on the boy’s hand that was capturing her wrist.

“Wait a minute. There’s something I have to ask.”

And again there was a pregnant of silence between them as Jungki did another deep thinking inside his little head. Who won’t? He was about to ask the most ridiculous question on Earth.

Eungi rolled her eyes. She used her free hand to break free from Jungki’s hold.

Eungi let put a frustrated sigh. “What is it?”

“I-i…Y-you you…”

Eungi hummed and widened her eyes.

“On the day you saved me…Back then…” Jungki paused and took a deep long breath.

“And also a few nights ago…maybe my eyes were deceiving me or it was just a dream. I was sure! I am sure that I-I s-saw it.”

Jungki paused again hoping that Eungi got a clue of what he’s talking about. Instead the girl remained quiet.

Eungi bit her lower lips as it was her habit when she’s anxious. Inside her head she was cursing Jungki to stop talking and just let her go back to class. She also could felt the piercing stare Jessica giving at her back. She then mentally cursed herself when she saw Jungki opened his mouth again.

“By it, I mean…I. Saw. Your. Wings. I wasn’t hallucinating, right?”

RING!!!!

“Oh, look recess is over!” Eungi avoided the question. Eungi quickly spun around made her way down the stairs. This time, she didn’t even let a chance for Jungki to stop her.

“Eungi-shi!” Jungki called out from behind desperately.

But then, Eungi halted.

“Jungki! Is that you?” Jessica’s voice from downstairs could be heard. Jungki also halted his steps.

Eungi looked up at Jungki and then directed her gaze downstairs. She could see Jessica’s head popping out from below. A minute later, Jessica joined the two of them. She grinned at Jungki and faked an eye-smile at Eungi.

 

 

An anxious and dreadful feeling slowly crept inside of Eungi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Well, how was that you....

Please comment and subscribe!

Thanks for reading ^^

 

 

cute-rabbit-emoticon-013.gif  to be continued...