03 TFT

The Final Test (Discontinue)

 

Eungi set her feet on the ground. From afar she heard someone calling out her name, maybe a human or one of her angel friends, she couldn’t care less. She continued to walk towards her class. The person or angel who was being ignored grasped Eungi’s hands. It was Henry, grinning widely at her.

“What do you want?”

“Don’t be so gloomy on such a good morning.” He puffed his mochi cheeks. Henry entangled his arm around Eungi’s. “Let’s walk together.”

“Don’t want. Let go of me! And for your information, death angels are supposed to be gloomy. We are not born all smiley like you.” Eungi growled.

But, Henry only tightened his grasped on Eungi’s arm. Eungi forcefully pulled her hand but, Henry’s hand didn’t move. The two angel end up hand pulling. Eungi gave Henry a deadly glare.

“If you don’t let go, I’ll 100 years out of you or maybe a 1000. You’ll be old!” She threatened.

With that Henry let go of her hand and Eungi fall backward due to the pulling force she applied on her own hand. She accidentally bumped to…Jungki, of course. To make it more interesting, Eungi other free hand gave a painful punched on Jungki’s nose. Well, accidentally.

The two angels gasped. Jungki was crouching on the ground holding his nose. He bit his lower lip to keep himself from shouting in pain. Eungi and Henry continued to watch Jungki. Technically staring at the human in amusement. A few minutes later, Jungki was backed to his senses.

Jungki got up and straighten his uniform. He fixed his hair and let out a sniff. Eungi and Henry who was still fixed in their position widened their eyes when they saw red fluid flowing out of his nostril.

“What’s that red stuff?” Henry pointed.

Jungki touched his nose and lips. He looked at his finger and recognized the red fluid. He was bleeding. Suddenly, Eungi approached him and pinched his nose. He shouted in pain.

“What you’re doing?!”

“Lift your head. This would stop you bleeding. Henry quick shows me where the nurse office is!”

Henry led the other two. Eungi dragged Jungki with her and her hands still pinching Jungki’s nose hardly.

 

Henry and Eungi went to class without Jungki. During recess, Jessica was asking everyone in the class for Jungki. Well, not entirely everyone. She went passed Eungi, Yoseob and Henry as if the three angels were invisible.

Eungi scoffed. “Good luck finding your boyfriend.” Henry then chuckled.

Yoseob looked at the other two with tilted head. He arched his eyebrow at them especially at Eungi. Henry nudged his arm.

“Eungi probably killed him…” Henry burst out and Eungi joined him.

“What?!” Yoseob exploded. “Killed? You’ve got to be kidding.”

“Aniya…” Eungi was holding her stomach and biting her inner cheeks to stop herself from laughing. “H-He ju-just p-passed out!”

Henry and Eungi were probably out of breath as the two was breathing heavily.

“What did you two do to him?” Jessica appeared out of nowhere with widened eyes.

Suddenly, Eungi’s and Henry’s face lost its redness. The two cleared their throat.

“Jessica calm down. This is probably a misunderstanding. Let’s listen to these two explanations.”

Henry scratched his head and avoided any eye contact. Eungi rolled her eyes at Henry’s cowardness.

“It was an accident. I didn’t mean to punch his nose and made him bleed or passed out.” Eungi bit her lower lip and dropped her head.

“So where is he now?”

“Nurse office.” Henry answered instead.

Jessica ran to the nurse office and Eungi followed her from behind. Jessica opened the door harshly to find Jungki was behind it. She did a quick scan on him, touching him everywhere. Jungki stopped her and held Jessica’s hands. He looked at her lovingly.

Eungi couldn’t help herself from staring at the two. If Yoseob had not shot Jungki with his cupid arrow would he still look at her so lovingly? Eungi bet he would, because Jessica was gorgeous. Humans are obsessed with beautiful things. Eungi could notice a few boys in the hallway were stealing glances at Jessica.

Eungi slowly walked towards them. She gently tapped Jessica’s shoulder. When Jessica spun around to look at her, she flashed her most innocent smile.

“See…he’s still alive.”

“Bwohh…” Jessica scoffed at her. “It must be fun to you play with others life.”

Jessica leaned closer to her and whispered. “Stop interfering with me. Your kinds are just a nuisance to me.”

Eungi was speechless. Her face was stiffened.

“Come on Jungki, I’ll help you walk to class.”

Jessica and Jungki walked away from Eungi. Then, Eungi grasped Jessica’s hand.

“We need to talk, alone.” Eungi said with a serious tone.   

 

Jessica gave Eungi a cold look. But the latter didn’t seem to be affected by it. Eungi was now standing face to face with Jessica. Eungi clenched her fist trying to calm herself down.

“Take back what you said.” Eungi said through gritted teeth.

“I’m sorry if I took things rashly just now, but you an angel…shouldn’t put people’s life as your own entertainment. Is being a death angel so powerful?” Jessica snickered.

“You’ve misunderstood…I didn’t take anybody’s life and a death angel duty is not killing but to send away soul. You better take note about that.”

“Arasoe…but I hope you don’t get involved too much with human especially Jungki. I would really appreciate it.”

“Don’t worry about that. You can always be his guardian angel. I won’t take him away from you. Even if I did end up taking him from you, he’ll be dead by that time.” Eungi mumbled the last sentence.

“Yah!” Jessica grabbed Eungi by the collar. She obviously heard what Eungi said. “You better keep your words.”

Jessica let go of Eungi. As for Eungi, she was furious how Jessica had mistreated her. Dark aura suddenly radiating from her body and her pupils turned darker. She could felt her black wings slowly showing.

“What a-are Y-you?” A stuttering voice greeted her. “You’re a m-mmm-monster…Jessica? Jess…” The boy fainted.

“Jungki? Jungki-shi…wake up.” Jesica ran after the boy and place his head on her lap.

Eungi quickly turned herself into her normal human form. She stared at the body lying on Jessica’s lap not far in front of her. Eungi walked towards the motionless but still breathing boy. She poked him with her foot. It was Jessica’s so called boyfriend. Jessica glared at Eungi.

“Yah…are you dead?” She poked him again. Eungi shook her head. “You’re not dead. If you are, I should meet your soul instead.”

“You…can’t you use something else besides your foot to touch him?” Jessica growled at Eungi.

“You should have treated me better just now. Step aside.”

Eungi then bent down and reached out her right hand. She placed it on Jungki’s face, covering his eyes. Eungi leaned closer and whispered to his ear.

You will not remember anything you see and anything that you have seen will vanish to where the vanished belongs to. That should do the trick, he won’t remember anything.” Eungi grinned at Jessica. But Jessica just rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

“How about class then, he’s unconscious again…class starts in five minutes.” Jessica nagged.

Eungi placed her hands on her waist. “Hey, I’ve washed his memory! You should do the rest; you’re his guardian angel after all. I’m out of here.”

Jessica arched her eyebrow at Eungi.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eungi’s feet gently set on the ground. She the closed her eyes and stayed focused. The black wings on her back disappear and she was now visible to the human eyes. None of the students seemed to notice her sudden appearance. Eungi then walked to her class.

At the hallway, Eungi saw Yoseob and Henry fooling around with each other. She sneakily went behind them surprising the two angels.

“Yah! Don’t ever do that again.” Henry yelled. “Death angel scares me.” He pouted.

“Bwohhh?!” Eungi widened her eyes at the frightened light angel.

“Yah…yah…stop it you two. Henry stops being a scaredy cat. Eungi don’t be offense, like you said death angels are supposed to be scary.”

“Is that what you guys really think? Death angels are scary, I’m scary.” Eungi puffed her cheeks. There was silent.

“Aniya…” Henry whispered.

“Yah…”Yoseob nudged Eungi. Eungi dropped her head and walked away from the two angels. Dark aura was radiating from her body. Almost every students that passed by her flinched at the sudden coldness hitting their skin.

“Eungi…” Her homeroom teacher called from behind. She spun around and the teacher signaled Eungi to follow her.

 

At the teacher’s office…

“I’ve noticed you’ve been struggling to catch up with you studies, so I called you here to suggest a few things for you. To help you…”

“Suggestions?” Eungi looked her teacher’s very serious face. Her teacher nodded.

“First suggestion, how about a study buddy?”

“You mean a tutor.” Eungi replied back.

“Something similar except you will be tutored by one of your classmates.”

“Okay, I want Yoseob.” Eungi said in a high pitch.

But, the teacher in front of her shook her head. “I have someone better in mind, Jessica.” Eungi’s eyes were about to pop out when she heard the name. “I’ve found out that you two went to the same school before transferring here. Meteora, right?”

Eungi bit her inner cheeks. “Yoseob also from Meteora. I think I’ll be more comfortable with him.”

The teacher arched her eyebrow. Eungi knew that the teacher won’t change her mind easily. “The tutor buddy is just a suggestion, right? Uhmm…is there any other option?”

“The second suggestion is joining the intensive class. You’ll have to study extra hard and hours. Will you…”

“I’ll take that option, thank you.” Eungi had a wide grin on his face. “When the class starts?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

cute-rabbit-emoticon-013.gif to be continued...