04 TFT

The Final Test (Discontinue)

 

 

It was Eungi’s first day for the intensive class. When she walked inside the classroom, there were only about ten students including her. None of the faces were familiar to Eungi. Eungi took a seat at the front row near the window.

She was determined to do her best for the intensive class and get out of it soon. If her midterm result shows improvement she’ll be excuse from the class. Unlike any other student in the class, that was preoccupied with their group or individual stuffs, Eungi took out her notebook and a pen.

Eungi straightened herself finding the most comfortable sitting position and waited quietly for the teacher in charge. But, slowly Eungi frowned. The class was noisy and some were running around the class or throwing balls of paper randomly.

Eungi scanned the classroom. At the back, there was group of girls chattering and giggling. A few seats from her seat was a nerdy looking boy wearing glasses that were too big for his tiny face. A boy seating at the back looking like a delinquent kept poking him with his foot.

“What is this place?” Eungi mumbled to herself.

“This is the intensive class and I’ll be your teacher.” A very familiar face walked into the classroom. Nobody in the class were paying any attention to the gentleman in front accept for Eungi and the nerdy human boy, of course. “I’m…”

“Jeremy…?” Eungi cut off.

“That’s Mr Lee, girl. Lee Hongki…I’ll be your teacher for this special class.”

“Special class? I was told that this is an intensive class…”

“Yes, an intensive class for ‘special students.’ Now, if anyone in this room had decided not to listen to me please keep your mouth shut at least.” The blond teacher grinned cutely. But, the chattering grew even louder. Mr Lee then slammed his books on the writing board making a loud bang.

“Thank you for your attentions.” He cleared his throat. “Like I said, keep your mouth shut or get out of this class if you wish to. I won’t stop you, but punishments will always wait for you.”

His last sentence gave shivers to Eungi. Mr Lee sounded so familiar to Jeremy her teacher in Meteora for Etiquette of Angels. They look really similar physically. Is it even possible for human to look like angel? Or perhaps Mr Lee was Jeremy.

“Open you Mathematics text book; we will learn Chapter 5 Statistics for our first class.”

The class had only started for about ten minutes and almost half of the student already rested their head on the table, dozing off. Some were groaning in frustration. Then, the door was opened slowly and a head peeked out.

“Mr Song takes a seat.” Mr Lee said with his eyes and hands fixed on the writing board.

“Yes, sir.” Jungki replied. He took a seat near Eungi. Eungi kept her eyes focused on the writing board, taking down notes.

 

After two long hours, the class was finally over. Eungi packed her stuffs and headed out. Jungki called out for her but she ignored him. Jungki quickly packed his stuffs too and ran after her. When he was out in the hallway he saw Eungi fell on the floor clenching her chest, frowning.

Jungki was about to ran after her when he suddenly he felt something hit his body. The moment was paused for a few seconds. A dart of light was aimed straight for his chest and it did hit him. Jungki closed his eyes expecting it would be painful but there was nothing.

His conscious mind was then brought back to where he was, in the hallway. Jungki’s hands scanned his chest area and he was perfectly fine. He realized the motionless Eungi in front of him. Jungki kneeled next to her and lifted her head. He brushed off the hair that was covering Eungi’s face…and at that moment his heart was beating uncontrollably. Eungi’s suddenly glows making him drown at her scent. He stared at her eyes then her lips. He made his thumb slightly touched the soft plump lips.

“What happened?” Mr Lee saw the two students in the hallway.

“I-I don’t k-know…” Jungki stuttered. He had forgotten that Eungi was unconscious. What actually had happened to him a few minutes ago?

 

Eungi’s POVs

I walked out of the classroom as quick as possible. I had to keep my words or Jessica would always have prejudice on us, death angels. She was guarding her boyfriend, whatever was his name. She was sitting next to him though; he didn’t notice her or everyone else in the classroom. Jessica kept her eyes glued at him and then on me. Why does she hate me being with him? Do I have anything to do with him?

Jessica watch me walked out of the classroom. I practically ran away from her piercing gaze. In the hallway I saw Yoseob and Henry playing around. But no one seemed to notice the two clumsy heads. They were invisible, only I could see them.

I grinned at the two angels. Henry was playing around with Yoseob’s cupid arrow and he sloppily aimed it at me. Yoseob tried to snatch it away but he made Henry shoot it instead. And what worse was it was aiming for me! The arrow was too fast for me to avoid and seconds later it went through my body. Someone called out for my name.

Suddenly I was gasping for air, I couldn’t breathe. My chest was so painful and it was the worse pain I’ve ever felt. Something was piercing through my heart. My visions were getting blurry as I clenched my chest. Before I fell on the floor I saw Jessica’s boyfriend with a pale and confused face. After that I everything black out.

I slowly opened my eyes as I felt something heavy squishing my right hand. I arched my eyebrows when I realized someone was resting his head on my hand. I tried to pull my hand carefully not to wake him up but I did the opposite instead. His dark brown orbs were now staring straight at me.

It was Jessica’s boyfriend. He weakly smiled at me. Suddenly I felt a sudden rush deep inside me, flattery. I blinked my eyes a few times trying to figure out what had really happened. I remembered, I was shot…with a cupid arrow. Will I be okay? Why is it so painful to be shot with the arrow? Aren’t I supposed to fell love once shot with a cupid arrow? It must be I’m a death angel, I couldn’t feel love…

I was now lying on a bed, probably in the nurse office. Could it be? He brought me here. I then noticed Jessica was standing next to him, still guarding him as what her duties demanded her to. I looked around and didn’t see either of Yoseob or Henry, though. I directed my eyes at him again and noticed Jessica was gone.

“Are you okay?” He asked with a husky voice. I just nodded. “Let’s go…I’ll send you home.” He lifted my arm helping me getting up. I still felt a little weak.

I decided to let him take me home since I won’t be able to fly my way back home and I’m still not use to living on earth. I didn’t know how to get home.

On the bus, I couldn’t help myself from staring at his face. He had a flawless milky skin. His lips were beautiful and pink. He then turned and looked at me. Our gazes were locked on each other. I saw his cheeks slowly blushed and I bet I did too. I was drowning in his pair of dark brown orbs.

What’s happening to me? My heart was beating crazily…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eungi opened her apartment door and nobody was home. She went to her room and changed into more comfortable clothes. She brushed her silky black hair slowly. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and scanned everything in the room trough the mirror. She felt someone was watching her. Eungi felt a sudden chilliness bite through her skin.

Eungi slowly got up, eyes still on the mirror. At the speed of light she spun around…and there was nothing. She then rushed out of the room and saw a black figure standing in the middle of the living room with his back facing Eungi.

“W-Who are you? Are you o-one of us?” Eungi stuttered slightly.

“It’s me.” The figure replied with a deep husky voice.

Eungi put her guard down as she recognized the voice. “What brought you here, superior?”

“I’m just looking after you. I’ve heard you’ve been shot. Are you okay?” Jongsuk asked still facing away from Eungi.

Eungi hummed her answers. “What’s going to happen to me? Will I be punished or die…It was so painful, I thought I’m…”

“First, you won’t be punished.” Jongsuk cut her off. “It wasn’t your mistakes. The two angels responsible had been summoned and their punishment will be decided.”

“Don’t punish them…I m-mean…I not hurt or anything.”

“Do you know how serious this matter is?!” Jongsuk turned around revealing his concerned expressions. Eungi gulped.

“How serious is it?” Eungi asked arching her eyebrows.

“Love don’t exist between us and humans. This final test is important for you; I don’t want your test to be ruined due to your feelings.”

“My feelings? You mean I’m in love with ‘him’?!” Eungi pointed at herself.

“You should stay away from him. If you ever feel the slightest feeling for him…don’t. It’s unforgivable to love human.”

Eungi dropped on her knees. “What if I can’t control my heart?” She asked dropping her head.

Jongsuk took a few steps toward her and bent down to her level. He gently placed his right hand on Eungi left cheeks and lifted her face. Their eyes met each other. Jongsuk leaned forward decreasing the distance between them.

“I will erase him from your memories…,” with that Joongsuk planted a kiss on Eungi’s lips.

 

 

You will not remember anything you see and anything that you have seen will vanish to where the vanished belongs to.

 

 

Eungi widened her eyes at the sudden contact between them but, later she closed her eyes giving in to the kiss. She felt at peace as if all her worries were gone completely. She opened her eyes and realized she was sitting on the cold floor. She didn’t remember how she ended there, alone.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

*Sorry for the long wait for this update ^^ *

 

Thanks for the comments...your comments do help me writing the fic with much enthusiasm!

 

cute-rabbit-emoticon-013.gif to be continued...