12 TFT

The Final Test (Discontinue)

 

Hai everyone ^ ^ V

Here's chapter 12...Been writing/typing it for like 3 versions of this chap...

This is the third version, btw...hope you guys like it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jungki cycled his bicycle through the cold winter night. He’s coming back from the convenient store of his neighborhood for a late dinner. Cup ramen and kimchi. The reason he had gone all through the trouble to go there was because he hated eating alone especially on a cold winter night. It was just like that winter night, when he had lost his grandmother a year ago.

On that very night, where he had exploded what had been occupied inside his immature teenager brain and that very instant he regretted it, because he never knew it would be their last moment.

“Helmoni, can’t you just take the medicine? I’m begging you…huh… Helmoni…” Jungki begged.

“Jungki-ah, what’s the use? I’m just wasting money and your time for an old woman like me. Jungki-ah, helmoni wish that you can enjoy your youth just like those teenager out there. Playing with friends or study hard for their dreams. Don’t you want to be like them? This old woman just getting in your way.” Jungki’s grandmother sobbed as she gently rubbed her grandson’s soft cheek.

“Helmoni only wish is not to live as long as 100 years but, to see her one and only grandson smile happily and live his life fully. I’m sorry, my child.”

“Helmoni! Why do you have to say it like that? I understand your intentions but, please…if you leave me…”

Fresh hot tears started to roll down his cheeks. Jungki took away his grandma hot warm hands and held it tightly.

“Helmoni, like you said…I’m your one and only grandson and helmoni, you are my one and only family. Please I’m begging you…I want you to be healthy and live for a long long time.”

“I just don’t want to be a burden…I’m already old and if god says that my time have come…”

“Helmoni…” Jungki gave a little squeeze on his grandma’s hands. “Don’t say it…” Jungki said as he shook his head denying the painful truth.

“Then I’ll go, my child…Meeting and parting is what our life is all about.”

“Helmoni! Can you stop it?! Why must you said it like that? I hate this!” Jungki finally bursted in rage.

“Helmoni, I hate you being like this!”

That was the night when Jungki turn his back on his grandma. He coldly left his grandma alone in the hospital room. He regretted it a lot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“An angel scent… Is that you?” Yoona raised an eyebrow at Eungi who was trapped in her hold.

“Let me go!” Eungi say through gritted teeth. Unfortunately, the devilish soul only tightens her hold on Eungi’s chin. Eungi’s chin was slowly turning white and small drips of blood were coming out from the skin since the nails’ which belong to Yoona was piercing through her skin. She winced at the pain.

“Awww… Does that hurt? Here, let me make it all better…”

A smirked plastered on Yoona’s face. She slowly let go of her hand on Eungi. Eungi was already thinking thousands of ways to escape from Yoona. But, no… Eungi couldn’t even move an inch though she wasn’t under the latter hold. What is this creature actually?

Yoona slowly trace her touch on Eungi’s soft cheek and she flinched at the cold touches. Yoona grinned widely when she saw fresh blood was still seeping through Eungi’s skin. She then slowly leaned forward and the blood clean.

“Mmmph…” Eungi whimpered when she felt Yoona’s nails was once again piercing through her skin.

“Stay away from her!” Jongsuk could only managed to lung out his voice. He was helplessly lying on the pavement as if an invisible force was forcing him to lay there.

Yoona turned to look at the helpless dark angel and spitting out some words like ‘incompetent’. Then her attention was brought back to Eungi. And again, she showed that innocent yet devilish smile to Eungi. Yoona leaned in closer until she held Eungi in her embrace.

Slowly, Eungi felt herself was drifting apart. It was if her true self was being out from her angel body. At that very odd moment, Yoona place her lips near Eungi’s ear and whispered melodically to her.

“Give me your body…hmm”

“N-no..no!” Eungi choked out her respond. Her ribcage was being squished onto the other body and air was slowly running out of her lung. Her vision was slowly getting blurry and the vision of Jongsuk helpless eyes was the last thing that she could see before her world turned to darkness.

“Eungi-shi…”

Eungi opened her eyes once the familiar voice call out for her. Her body felt limp and everything surrounding her was only darkness. But, she didn’t felt any anxiety for she was the death angel and darkness was a part of her.

“Jungki-shi…” Another familiar voice was heard.

Eungi gasped. “That’s my voice…” She whispered to herself.

“What are you doing here? How do you even know how to get here?” Jungki asked with a flustered face.

He unexpectedly met Eungi on the way back going home from the convenient store.

“Jungki-shi, are you not happy to see me?” Eungi took a few step forward closing the distance between them.

“No…no. That’s not what I mean. I’m just a bit flustered to meet you here.”

“Really?”

Jungki nodded his head.

“Jungki-shi, I thought you wanted to meet me. That’s why I’m here. I’m sorry if I’m taking your time or anything.”

“No…not at all. I don’t mind. I’m actually glad that you are willing to see me. I had waited for you after school, but you didn’t show up.”

Eungi showed her sweet innocent smile.

“I’m really sorry about that. I was actually dragged somewhere unwillingly…”

“What?!” Jungki asked with a surprised tone and worriedness could be read from his expression.

“Calm down your nerves. I’m fine. It’s not like someone kidnap me or something. He’s someone I know anyway so, you don’t have to worry about it.”Eungi giggled at Jungki who was all flustered.

“Owh…well that’s…” Jungki awkwardly rubbed the back of his head and smile sheepishly. “A relieve…” He continued.

“So, what actually the reason you want to meet me?”

Eungi asked before another awkward moment happen between them.

“I-I…I”

Suddenly, Jungki started to mumble his words. He felt his lips was frozen. Jungki wondered why was he even began stuttering in front of Eungi. At the moment he seem like a really foolish guy trying to make a confession to his crush.

But, that was not really the reason. He wanted to make sure that he was not crazy or taking any drugs that had caused him to hallucinate some weird stuffs since he had met Eungi. Jungki needed to know who or what Eungi is.

“I-i…A-are you…” Jungki sighed and drop his head. He could not look at Eungi’s face. Only silence managed to occupy the space between the two.

“Do you…like me?”

And it was Eungi who broke the silence between them. Jungki only managed to response with his resize eyes.

“Huh?” He dumbly asked back.

“Araseo, now I get it…Well, I better get going. It’s getting late.”

“Wait!”

But, Eungi just walked pass him coldly. He silently swear at his own foolishness.

“Eungi-shi!” He shouted at Eungi who was already a few meters away.

Few seconds later, Eungi halted her steps and she slowly turned around. Then, Jungki found that Eungi was marching toward him. She stopped right in front of him. Eungi stood on the tip of her toes and leaned forward.

“I like you too.” It came out as a whisper.

It was only for a few seconds, and Eungi turned her back on Jungki again. She dashed off without looking back at the latter.

Jungki was left speechless. What had just happened? He could still felt the pair of warm lips on his left cheek. His hand gently touched the said cheek. The poor boy could felt that his face was starting to warm up from all the blushing.

On the other hand, at the same time and place Jessica became the invisible bystander.

“Eungi…”

Jessica showed herself in front of Eungi with her pure white wings spread widely. She had her two brown orbs focused on Eungi. Something felt different about the death angel standing in front of her. Moreover, after what Jessica had just witnessed between Jungki and Eungi – it was hard to believe Eungi was that daring enough.

Jessica still remember the words that came out from Eungi’s own mouth.

 

“And confessing to Jungki is not in my list-to-do. You can have him to yourself. My aim is to be a full angel and I won’t do anything stupid to fail the final test.”

 

Jessica continued to stare at the death angel. Thousands of question were actually inside of her head. Eungi also stared back at her. Slowly an evil smirk crept on her pale face. At that very instant, realization hit Jessica.

“Who are you?!” Jessica unconsciously backed away from the girl who seemed like a complete clone of Eungi - but with a different soul inside the body.

“Who am I, do you ask my dear angel? I’m…just a nameless soul.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Do you like the story so far?

I'm having some trouble making this fic, if you guys have some great ideas...do let me know ^ ^

Having writer's block *sigh*

 

Happy 2014 everyone! *hopes it's not too late*

Another year older~~~

 

 

cute-rabbit-emoticon-013.gif  to be continued...