Peace No War

Heart Attack (ExoShidae Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LuYoon's long chapter.

Feedbacks are appreciated :)

YOONA’S STORY

Fight

 

                     

 

If you don’t fight for what you want,

Don’t cry for what you’ve lost.

 

Buk! The sound of something smacking my body made me twitched. “Ouch! What the hell?!” My forehead frowned as I rubbed my body to make the pain ebb away.

 

“Yoong, are you dozing off again? I called you like a hundred times but you never even budged.” The dorky kid leader transformed into ajumma Taeng as her nagged feasted my ears  while sitting on the empty seat in front me.

 

“Aish… aniya. I’m not dozing off. I’m thinking.” I pouted and crossed my arms together.

 

“What in the world that you were thinking till you didn’t even noticed us? This is a library, Yoong. You should study and not daydreaming dear.” This time it was the ice princess’s turn to nag.  She didn’t bother shooting me with her icy cold stare because she was busy reading through Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics.

 

“Yah, nothing much okay! And it’s not about the he-who-should-not-be-named in case you’re wondering.” I immediately explained myself. I didn’t want them to think that I had my head full with the thoughts of that good-for-nothing fishy again.

 

“Arasso. Arasso. Then, keep your head in your study now. We have a big test next week. Have you read about con heart diseases?” Taeyeon asked while jotting some notes inside her book.

 

“Not yet.” I answered shortly. Then my eyes wandered to the book that Jessica was reading. “Sica-ah….” I called her softly with my aegyo.

 

“Hhmmm… what do you want?” Without even raising her head from the book, she lazily answered.

 

“Can I borrow the book that you are reading? Please?” Again, with my aegyo, I persuaded her.

 

But obviously my aegyo didn’t have the melting effect strong enough to win over the ice princess. “Nope. Not gonna happen. Get your lazy up and take it yourself.” She raised her head and pointed me to the section written ‘Medical Books: Pediatrics’ that was located not too far from us.

 

“Sica….please… I’m lazy. I practically glued myself to this chair.” I said while trying to grab the book away from her.

 

Pappp! Before I even manage to grab the book, my hand became the victim of Taeyeon’s smacking attack once again. “Yah, Taeng! What was that for?”

 

“Don’t bother Sica. Go take it yourself. It’s less than 10 steps to get there.”

 

I hissed, irritation level raising tremendously. “Ara.. You’re like an ‘ajumma’ Taeng.”

 

“I am an ‘ajumma’. Got a problem with that?” She shot me a glare, eyebrows jerked. Yikes! Better go and take it myself before ajumma Taeng turns into tigress Taeng.

 

“Aniya..” I stood up and dragged my feet lazily to the section. “Yah, you said it’s less than 10 steps. I walked 15 steps you know!” I mumbled softly.

 

“It’s just 15 steps. Not 100 steps.” How in the world Tae Yeon heard me mumbling? Does she have any supersonic ability like a bat that I didn’t know about?

 

“Stop whining, Im Yoona! Just go there faster. There’s only like 2 books on that topic left at the shelf. I don’t wanna share my book with you if you don’t find it.” Jessica muttered out of nowhere.

 

I dragged my feet to the shelf and began searching for the book. Where the hell is it? Please, I’m not in the mood for a hide and seek game. So please, let me find you as soon as possible, Mister Nelson!

 

Bingo! My eyes finally set their gaze to the book that I was looking for. However, the problem was the book was located so high above. I knew that I’m tall but the shelf was by far higher than me. Urghhhh!

 

I tried to reach for the book but suddenly another hand appeared and took the book away from the shelf. I turned around and there was nobody there. That person must have walked away from me with that book. The nerve that this person had from snatching the book away from me really made me pissed off.

 

I marched from the shelf and began to search for the thief. My eyes wandered and I finally found the person that took the book away from me. It was the guy from before. What was his name again? Xi… Han… something? It occurred to me that trying to remember his name was a waste of time as he was definitely going to be dead if he doesn’t gave me the book. Gosh, fate really was playing with me. Every time I met this person, bad things always happened. Maybe this time, I’ll be up for a manslaughter charge. Oh, heaven’s forbid!

 

“Er…..Excuse me.” I tried calling him out.

 

He turned to face me but didn’t even blurt any word from his mouth. Okay, this was irritating. At least say something to acknowledge my existence. A single ‘yes’ or even ‘hmmm’ would be acceptable enough.

 

“Erm… sorry” Again. No response from him.

 

“Hey you!” Finally I shouted at him. I was trying to be nice but he just ignored me. How dare he ignored me! I felt like my patience is wearing thin. Rude much, mister?!

 

He showed me his irritated face. “Yes? What do you want?” he raised his voice tone. I gulped upon hearing his voice. Don’t show him that you’re afraid of him, Yoona. Be bold, be brave.

 

“I want that book.”  I spoke with softer tone and pointed at the book on his hand.

 

“Huh?” He jerked his eyebrow.

 

“I want THAT BOOK!” Okay, that’s it mister. No more miss nice girl. I’m pissed off right now.

 

“Do I look like I will give this book to you?” He answered me with a question.

 

“It’s not fair okay. I saw the book first.”

 

“So?” His statement really hit a nerve. I felt my head fuming with anger.

 

“I.WANT.THAT.BOOK!” I spoke the word clearly one by one.

 

He scoffed.“Sorry. Not gonna happen. I took it first.”

 

“But…” I felt my voice tone increased. “I saw it first. So, logically, it’s mine!”

 

“Heh… it’s that so. Wait up please.” He began analyzing the book, inside out. After a few seconds, he finally let out a smirk. “Sorry, to say this, miss. I can’t find your name anywhere on this book. So, technically, this book isn’t yours to begin with.”

 

Oh.My.Gosh! I closed my eyes tightly and clasped my hands into fists. This Xi Han something better not push my patience any further. Calm down, Yoona. Inhale. Exhale. This is a library. Not a place for WWE smack down. Keep that in mind.

 

“Please, just let me have that book and we can avoid any further argument between us.” Once again I tried to reason with him.

 

“Never. You splashed my shirt with cappuccino and ran off without even apologizing. So I don’t give a damn even if you need this book!”

 

“Urghhhh… You!” I gritted my teeth. Hard. Chill Yoona! Chill. “Excuse me, mister. I already apologized. So get over it! Just give me that book! I really need to use it.” I felt like I was ready to explode in just a few more seconds. If he dares to provoke me any further, trust me, this won’t end in a good way.

 

“Do I look like I don’t need this book?” He said with an infuriating tone.

 

If you don’t fight for what you want,

Don’t cry for what you’ve lost.

 

My mom’s words echoed inside my mind. Since I was a kid, my mom taught me how to stand up for myself. And I was sure as hell won’t let this Marilyn Monroe almost look alike to trample on my pride.  Let’s just let the hell breaks loose. My hand reached for the collar of his shirt and I grasped it tightly. “You are so over the board dude!” I shouted with a loud voice.

 

“Yoong!!! STOP!!!!” Jessica’s dolphin squeal collaborated with Taeyeon’s ajumma scream boomed, killing the silence inside the library as my anger just got the better of me.

 

LUHAN’S STORY

Tears

 

          

 

Those tears were not the mark of weakness, but power.

They spoke more eloquently than ten thousands tongues.

They were messengers of overwhelming grief…and unspeakable love.

 

 

I never believed in love at first sight until the moment I met her. She’s like a song that I can’t get out of my head. Hard as I tried, the melody of our meeting runs through my mind on an endless loop, each time as surprisingly sweet as last, like a lullaby, like a hymn, and I don’t think I could ever get tired of hearing it.

 

The first time I set my eyes on her was at the lake near the college. I sat on a sheltered corner near a large tree where my thoughts roamed round and round with only the thoughts of depression. Who won’t be depressed at a time like this?

 

Xi Luna. My younger sister.  Today was her death anniversary.

 

“Lulu…”

 

“Yup, Luna.”

 

“If you could have a superpower, what will you choose and why?”

 

“Promise me that you won’t laugh?”

 

“Sure. So, shoot!”

 

“Telekinesis because I’m one lazy Lulu.”

 

“Ommo… Roll eyes! You’re so silly!”

 

“Well, silly is my middle name. What about you? What kind of superpower you want?”

 

“I want healing because I want to help people who get hurt or sick.”

 

Healing? Because of you Luna, I worked as hard as I can to earn myself a spot in the medical faculty. Luna… She passed away when I was in high school. Her death was unexpected. Who would have known that her trip to her piano lesson would be the last trip that she would ever take. On her way there, a drunk driver unknowingly lost control of his car and hit her. She didn’t even make it to the hospital as her injury was too severe.

 

I knew that it would be hard to face death; I thought that when the time comes for me to face the death of my patient, I would be strong. Professor Lee already told me countless of times not to get too attach to any patient. He warned me that having an emotional attachment to a patient will slowly eat your heart away if something unexpected happen to that patient.

 

Indeed, Professor Lee was right. I became careless and got too attach with Park Sunyoung, a little girl with the exact attitudes of Luna, a girl that I considered as my own sister. She too left this world when her brain cancer took her life away. It was as if the tragic loss of Luna was repeating once again in my life.

 

 And now, the cold air singing around me, silence eating m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter