Confession

Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Luna is not the type to drink excessively. She is also not a moderate drinker. When she drinks alcohol, it was always a glass or two, nothing more. However, because of a complicated situation she had been avoiding for more eight years, she is drive to drinking more than her usual two glasses of alcohol. Self-control is something Luna always has, but tonight...well that might not be the case.

She should not drink more. She half way done with the 1997 Chateau Margaux wine that Chanyeol gifted her two years ago. She should seriously stop. She always thought that she would be wasted when she accidentally confess to Chen. She thought her tongue would slip if she drinks more than two glasses of alcohol. She always refrained herself in fear of uncontrollable emotions and word coming out of . Now that she will confess, Luna is drinking more than her two glasses. She should not. She wants to be at sober when she finally confesses. She should stop.

Luna stops herself from pouring another glass of wine in her wine glass. Thankfully, no one is home in her family's house. She told the maids to leave her alone tonight in the house, meaning go home because she does not want witnesses in her long awaited confession. Her father and stepmother are in Busan having a time of their life with her stepmother's family.

Luna still has not warmed up with her stepmother despite being in the same house for more than ten years. She never tried but she does not really plan on trying. They get along but not to the extent that Luna would confined to her about her messed up fear of rejection or falling in love.

Luna is in the living room of her family's house, wine glass and the wine bottle are now neglected as she thinks about how she should confess. She lies down on the couch and waits.

Luna's eyes heavies and sleep comes over her. The bright blue sky slowly darkens into violet and finally to black as the sun sets and the moon become visible in the black night sky. Inside the Park resident, Luna is sleeping alone in the living room. Alcohol is still in her system, but her mind is somewhat coherent.

The doorbell rings. It rings again. Luna grunts and looks around the dark living room. She forgot that she is alone in the house. Luna knows Chen is the one in the other side of the door. She knows it is him. She knows the confession will be now or never. The doorbell rings again. She should get up and open the door. She really should. The doorbell rings again. She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes. Don't be a coward. You avoided this for years─

The doorbell rings again. Luna finally gets up. She walks towards the door, not even bothering on looking at the monitor that shows who the person in the other of the door is. Who cares, she already knows who it is.

She opens the door after another deep breath. Chen looks at her in an expression Luna cannot quiet decipher. She greets him with a smile as usual.

"Sorry, I didn't want to get the door." Luna tells him honestly. She moves and turns around, walking in the house as Chen closes the door behind him and follows Luna inside the living room.

Chen raises a questing left eyebrow at the wine bottle and empty wine glass on the table. He turns to Luna who is standing by the couch where she had laid earlier. She only observes him, battling with herself when should she confess.

"Did you have diner yet?" Chen asks her as he walks towards her. Luna backs away, and Chen stops at his track and gaze at her eyes with a question mark in his eyes.

"I haven't. Have you?" Luna smiles, trying to ignore the fact that she once again coward away from Chen.

"No let's eat." Chen smiles back, also trying to ignore Luna's strange behavior. They walk in the kitchen, turning on the lights, opening the refrigerator, heating food, placing them on the dining table with the rice and water.

They eat in silent until Chen cannot take it anymore.

"What's wrong?" He asks softly as he observes Luna's every reaction. What he sees is a nervous Luna. "Why are you nervous?" He asks curiously. He wonders if it was because of Amber. "It is about Amber?" He asks when Luna does not reply.

Luna shallows and drinks her water. "Sort of." She looks at him, his eyes searching. "What happened?"

"She and I are officially over." Chen smiles at her, eyes scanning Luna's face as he speaks.

"Why are you smiling then? Are you over her? Or..." Luna asks as she scan his face for anything as well.

"She and I had a great relationship in the past. She found someone deserving of her. Someone better than me, someone─" Chen starts but Luna cuts him off.

"How many times have I told you? You are deserving of anything you want." Luna starts, as she looks straight in Chen eyes. "You shouldn't be afra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter