Sad is an understatement

Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Director Kim, here is your drink." Secretary Kim greets with a smile as she enter his office.

Chen looks up form the papers in front of him and to Taeyeon. He returns her smile and takes the coffee from her.

"Thank you~" Chen moans after taking a sip of the drink.

"My pleasure." Taeyeon smiles an turns her back to him. She walks out of his office and sits on her chair behind her desk.

----

5pm. It is time for employees of the Kim Corporation to head home. Secretary Kim and Director Kim are in the elevator as it descend. The elevator door opens and a few employees bow their head to Director Kim before they enter the lift. After stopping at almost every floor and collecting more people, the lift reach the ground floor and Director Kim and Secretary Kim exit first and the other follow.

"Taeyeon Noona, I'll give you a ride home." Chen declares when  Taeyeon is about to say her goodbye.

"Thanks." She comply to his command and they walk to Chen car. "You know, people think that you and I are in a relationship." Taeyeon tells him about the rumors that started long ago.

"I don't mind." Chen replies without turning his attention from his car.

Taeyeon nods. They enter the car and drive away the Kim Corporation building.

"How is Luna? I haven't seen her in awhile." Taeyeon asks and Chen's lips curves into a small smile, which did not become unnoticed by his secretary. "What something good happened?" She asks as she smiles excitedly.

"She never told me this is a secret and I always tell you everything so..." Chen starts mischievousness on his smiling face and his voice.

"God Jongdae! Just tell me! You are killing me here." Taeyeon softly bounces on her seat and pounds her hands on her thighs, irritation and impatient with a mix of definite excitement in her voice as she spoke those words.

"She is in love." Chen almost whispers but Taeyeon catch every syllable of his sentence. She squealed knowing that this Luna's first love. She grabs Chen's right shoulder and firearm, and starts shaking it.

"Noona! I'm driving." Chen reminds her and she releases him from her excited hold.

"OH MY GOD!" Taeyeon can only exclaim.

"I know." Chen smiles at his secretary's fangirling episode and state. He always like how cheerful and how childish she is despite her being three years older than him. "I was going to tell you as soon as I found out but we got busier so I didn't have a chance." He adds.

"When did you find out?" Taeyeon relaxes a bit but joy have not left her body.

"A week or so ago."

Taeyeon nods. The ride is joyous as the two professionals lose their professionalism. They talk about Luna's lack of love life. They talk about Kris- and Victoria's wedding in two months. Of course the topic of both of their love life did not become neglected.

"I have been waiting for years and I think waiting for a couple more months are not that bad." Chen's voice connotes sadness, pain, love, and hate. He hates that he is stupid like Luna said years ago. He love the way he remained faithful to Amber at the same time. He is in pain from the longing that eats his in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter