Out of character

Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luna is in her cafe like usual. Helping her employees when needed and sitting down on one of the chairs in a vacant table. She is doing something usual. Her eyes wonder around her cafe, looking at each her employees, who are smiling beautifully at their customers. Daehyun and Youngjae are making coffee and occasionally helping clean tables.

"This is nice." Luna tells herself. She is done worrying about her supposed crush towards Daehyun. She and Daehyun are more comfortable now. Since Hyosung arrive in their life, Daehyun seems to forget his worried towards Luna. He accepted the fact that he is not to blame at whatever Luna and her stepmother were arguing about. Something that does not exists in reality. Daehyun thought it did, but not anymore.

"Boss, are you going to that Ball, Chen-sshi's company is having?" Daehyun asks as he sit down opposite from Luna.

"Yeah, I am one of the stock holders of the company." Luna answers with a nod and a very charming style. "How are Hyosung unnie and you?" Luna somewhat suggestively asks with a hint of teasing lacing her voice.

"Good." Daehyun smiles handsomely at her. "Good."

"Nice." Luna smiles widely. "Because you two look so good together, I bet your parents would be very thrilled knowing that the granddaughter next door is so into you."

"They always liked her." Daehyun agrees, smiling with Luna as they talk about him and Hyosung.

---------

Lunchtime is over and costumers slowly decrease in numbers. Luna is in her office working finances, milk delivery orders and other things. Her employees are watching the cafe outside her office doors, politely greeting costumers and such things.

Henry's 1-4-3 plays as her phone vibrates on her desk. Luna picks up her phone and look at the caller: Tae Unnie.

"Yeobosaeyo~" Luna sings N'eust's Hello.

"Amber just walked inside Director Kim's office." Taeyeon whispers through the phone, voice a bit panic as far as Luna can tell.

"She's there? Why?" Luna asks because she is confused. Amber moved on, right? Why is she there? Is she actually going to cleanly break up with Chen? Or does she want him back...

"I don't know but Director Kim let her in." Taeyeon continues to whisper, her voice is somewhat distracted, probably trying to see what is going on inside Chen's office without being too obvious. "Are you coming?"

"No." Luna answers, whispering as well, but her tone is lower than usual.

"Why not?" Taeyeon asks in disbelief.

"They need to talk. It is their lives. I stay away from complicated things." Luna cowardly insists.

"What if they got back together?" Taeyeon asks, sounding normal.

"So." Luna's voice sounds a bit upset but who knows maybe it was just the phone connection or something.

"Will you be alright?" Taeyeon asks, gentle and careful.

"What do you mean?" Luna furrows her eyebrows.

"I know he was the crush you were referring to you know." Taeyeon tells her, and Luna remains silent. "You had so many years to actually claim him as more than your best friend but because of you cowardice, you didn't."

"Thanks." Luna sarcastically replies.

"Don't be like that, you know I'm right." Taeyeon begins her lecturing. "You keep denying you r feeling for him. You keep ignoring how scared you are whenever Amber is mention. You keep hiding from your supposed good intention of helping him with the whole waiting-for-his-true-love-Amber-to-get-return thing. I know that you know your feelings for him. You're just stupid and cowardice to actually act upon them."

"I know." Luna annoyed voice replies. "Chanyeol have told me already."

"Then why aren't you doing anything?" Taeyeon spats back with annoyance. She is getting very tired Luna's and Chen's dancing around each other, both of them refusing to make a move.

"I don't know." Luna's voice sounds defeated and hopeless, quiet.

Taeyeon sighs and soften at the sound of her dongsaeng's voice. "Just tell him what you feel, don't hide anymore."

"What if─" Luna starts doubting.

"NO!" Taeyeon yells to interrupt her, not caring about the fact that the other secretaries are now looking at her. "Just don't think about anything else except the confession. Get it over with. No what if's. Just talk to him tonight."

There is no sound in the other line, and Taeyeon waits for Luna to say something, anything.

"Luna?" Taeyeon finally asks when Luna does not answer for a whole two minutes.

"I don't think I can do this sober." Luna tells her before rudely hanging up.

Luna gets up from her chair and gathers her stuff. She is done for today. She needs to get home. She needs a drink.

"Oppa, I'll be going home." Luna calls for Yongguk and he nods.

"Are you feeling alright?" Yongguk's voice his concern, matching his very worried face.

"I'm just tired I guess. I'll be going now." Luna exits the cafe without bothering to hear he employees' goodbyes.

Luna was never a coward, excep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter