"...Lian and me."

I lost my mind
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Note: BOLD sentences are in Mandarin

 

 

Yixing watches his son inside the hospital's incubator, where all the babies are sleeping, crying, or just giggling at something they themselves only know. Yixing smiles brightly, dimple showing, as he watch his little Lian sleeping peacefully on his little bed.

-He looks like you when you were his age. -Yifei interrupts Yixing's silent fanboying. He turns his attention to his sister, who just arrived next to him.

-That's good. -Yixing smiles.

-Haehyun wants our baby to look like me. -Yifei nods at her younger brother's.

-Is Haehyun awake? -Yixing looks at the sleeping baby Lian again.

-She's still sleeping. -Yefei shakes her head before answering.

-I also brought her laptop and your guitar from your house. -Yifei tells her brother as she too looks at baby Lian. She went back to the couple's house to get clothes for the couple and the said items.

-Go to sleep. I'll be here watching Lian. Go to Haehyun, you look very tired, Xing. -She smiles reassuringly and hug her younger brother.

-Thank you Jei. Come sleep when you get tired okay? -Yixing pats his older sister's back, then they release each other from their embrace.

 

 

Haehyun reserved the room she is currently staying in a month ago; just to make sure she will be comfortable. She is loaded with all the copyrights of the songs she composed and her salary as the recent Music Director of SM's Blue Ocean Studio, and of course because she is also an SM Producer. Her Hospital room is one of the VIP rooms. She have a comfortable bed that can fit two or three people, two comfortable couches, her own bathroom, and a flat screen TV hanging on the wall opposite to her bed.

Yixing enters Haehyun's room, and he still cannot believe how Haehyun can afford such room. He walks towards his wife, sitting down on the chair next to Haehyun's bed. He holds his wife's right hand with his left hand, his fingers intertwining with Haehyun's. He kisses his wife's knuckles before he starts humming Super Junior's Yesung's Waiting For You, an OST of TVXQ!'s Max Changmin's drama Paradise Ranch. When Yixing first saw the drama, years ago, he could not help but think about his and Haehyun's marriage.

Yixing knew he liked Haehyun. He admired her. He still does. He was sure that if they spent time together and actually treat each other as each other's partner for life, then he knew he will fall for her, and she for him. And he did. But he was not sure of Haehyun's thoughts and feeling towards him before. She was indifferent; he knew that. He was worried about Haehyun's divorcing him, just like how Changmin's and Lee Yoonhee's characters did in Paradise Ranch. Like their characters, Yixing and Haehyun married young; the only difference was that they were forced to marry each other. Changmain's and Yoonhee's characters actually loved each other. Yixing was worried. He did not know what Haehyun would end up doing. Haehyun was unpredictable. She did whatever she liked. Yixing knew Haehyun would not hesitate in divorcing him if she happened to find someone else, someone she actually love.

But Yixing and Haehyun learned to love each other. Yixing admired her from afar, and apparently so did Haehyun. She supported him in more ways than one, supporting him and watching over him in her own way. Haehyun waited for Yixing, as he live his dream. Yixing waited for Haehyun to come to him. He is just very thankful with CEO Kim and Teacher Lee for pushing Haehyun to him. If they had not, who knows, maybe Haehyun will still take care of him from her office and not from their home. Maybe she will still support him as a SM staff and not as his wife or the mother of his child. Yixing is very thankful of the people that helped him and Haehyun to actually try.

After seven years, they finally fell for each other. The first months were comfortable yet awkward at the same time, a paradoxical feeling but a good one. It took them seven years, now eight, to whole-heartedly give in to each others, learning about their admiration and infatuation towards each other. It took them seven years to finally start a family. Yixing is not worried about Haehyun leaving him anymore. The thoughts had not pass his mind since they started living together. Yixing slowly found out that Haehyun never thought of any other man to be with her for the rest of her life other than Yixing. Yixing saw that every time Haehyun smiles and looks at him. Their married may had been forced and unwanted for both of them, but Yixing developed feeling for Haehyun in the first months after their bond. Haehyun was committed to him, learning how to like him as a man and not as the dimpled boy living in China.

Haehyun thought their marriage was a mistake. Yixing was heartbroken when she told him of her thoughts about their marriage, but he was reassured almost immediately that Haehyun did not think that anymore. She learned to accept the fact that she will forever be bond to Yixing, so she giave in. She believed that she may as well get to know him. She did and she fell for him; hard because she was willing to just be there for him even from afar. She thought he was a star, unreachable and only for the night sky, and that all she could do is look at him from the ground. She never did try talking to him more than a few minutes because she actually believed that he was that shining star above.

Yixing always liked her humor too. She said she regreted not being able to date others before getting married. She said it was her biggest mistake in life. But Yixing knows she was messing with him when she said that because her actions, her whole being, screams how delighted and thankful she is that Yixing is her first and her last as well. Haehyun can all she wants about not dating others but Yixing knows her more than she gives him credit for.

Yixing is slowly but surely beginning to solve the mystery that is Cho─no, Zhang Haehyun. A year ago, she was still a uncomprehensive, but now he is very confident that he knows her more than anyone. Not even her family, probably not even Donghae and Super Junior, knows her more than he does. Yixing looks at Haehyun, smiling when he sees her opening her eyes.

-How are you love? -Yixing caresses her hand, softly kissing the back of it. Haehyun makes a face that screams what the before opening to reply.

-Love? -She raises an eyebrow, judging her husband, who just smiles sweetly at her.

-Yeah. -Yixing stands up and pecks her lips, and Haehyun smiles at him.

-You like it? -He asks but he already knows that she does.

-Hmm~ -She hums as she scoots over to her left. Yixing gives her a questioning glace, but his eyes and lips are already smiling.

-Sleep next to me. Mei Mei will sleep on the longer couch. -She answers as she pats the space next to her. Yixing smiles, as he takes his shoes off and lies down next to her. She snuggles close to him and he wraps his arms around her.

-What's with the face you made earlier? -Yixing smiles again.

-It was just so cheesy, but then after replaying your voice in my head, I think I like it. -Haehyun answers honestly, looking up to see Yixing smiling like a child who was given his favorite candy. Yixing kisses her forehead and she beams.

-Only you though. Donghae and the others tried calling me sweetheart or maknae or baby before and it was just so... -She trails off as cold shiver run through her spine. Yixing chuckles and holds his wife tighter in his arm.

-I love you. -Yixing says as he nuzzles in her hair.

-I love you too. -Haehyun says back. Yixing smiles through her hair when he feels her smile against his chest. She moves slightly to kiss his collarbone, and Yixing moans sweetly at the soft lips against his skin.

 

 

-Oh! Lian looks like Yixing when he was a baby. -Mrs. Zhang coos when Haehyun shows Lian to her via Skype.

-Babies all look the same Mama. -Haehyun honestly thinks so; thus, she voices her opinion.

-She right though. Lian looks more like Yixing than you. -Mrs. Cho tells her daughter after rolling her eyes at her daughter's comment.

-I guess. But Mama, where is Papa? -Haehyun asks her mother-in-law.

-He is coming. -Mrs. Zhang reassures her.

-Mama, I'm going to home in two weeks. -Yifei tells her mother and her mother nods.

-Where is Yixing anyway? -Mrs. Cho asks, and Mrs. Zhang nods in agreement. She is also wondering where her son is.

-He is in the company, practicing for their concert next week. -Haehyun answers and smiles widely as Lian's tiny hands grab her right pinky, waving it from side to side and giggling at the same time. The mothers and Yifei smile at the mother and son.

-Mei Mei, can you take a video of us? My phone is on the table. -Haehyun looks up at her sister-in-law and then to the mothers, smiling at them.

-Sure. -Yifei takes Haehyun's phone and begins recording the mother and son.

-Lian, Zhang Lian. -Haehyun coos at her son. The three women with her watch with wide smiles on their faces.

-Do you like Umma's pinky? -Haehyun asks and Lian giggles, still cutely playing with his mother's pinky.

-Appa is practicing hard, want to say hi to him? -Haehyun asks her son as if he can understand her. Nonetheless, Yifei moves expertly to capture Lian better. Haehyun looks at her phone and smiles widely.

-Xing, Mama said Lian looks like you. -Haehyun announces and uses her index finger to tenderly and softly poke Lian's left dimple.

-I guess the dimples make it so. -Haehyun laughs as Lian smiles widely, dimples more prominent.

-See you later Xing~ -Haehyun sing-songs the goodbye and Yifei stops recording.

-I'm sending this to myself too. -Yifei smiles as she works Haehyun's phone.

-Send it to me and your father too. -Mrs. Zhang yells excitedly at througth the laptop.

-Send to me, Appa and Junho too. -Mrs. Cho adds with the same excitement as Mrs. Zhang.

-This video is precious. Haehyun is being cute for the first time in her life. -Mrs. Zhang teasingly adds.

-I know! Yixing is cuter than she is. -Mrs. Cho adds with a happy laugh.

-Yeah he is. -Yifei agrees as she finishes sending everyone the video. Haehyun just rolls her eyes at their comments.

-Lian is making Haehyun into a better person. -Junho says as he enters the Hospital room, smiling at his phone before looking up.

-Whatever. -Haehyun replies before cooing over how cute Lian is, ignoring her older brother's comment.

-Nevermind, Zhang Haehyun is replaced by Cho Haehyun again. -Junho laughs loudly. Zhang Hae

Please log in to read the full chapter