Aftermath Part I

I lost my mind
Please log in to read the full chapter

The news of EXO's Lay having a wife is everywhere. Everyone who meets Lay congratulates him. Celebrities and other idols envy the fact that he has the courage to announce it to the world. "EXOtic Show World Tour" just left its 4th stop, Manila Philippines. EXO was greeted very warmly and fans actually congratulated Lay and Haehyun's marriage. There are fans all over the world who sends their congratulations through fan mails or YouTube videos. Of course, there still are some fans who object. They criticized the fact that the marriage announcement overshadowed “EXOtic Show”, like Haehyun predicted.

Haehyun still cannot not grasp the fact that CEO Kim and Teacher Lee actually agreed to announce such secret to the world. She talked to them about their decision and why they made it in the first place. To her surprise Donghae was the one who talked to the two head of SME. She is happy that she is not hiding anymore but she feels as if there is something wrong. She cannot put out her finger on it but she just have this feeling of uneasiness.

Of course when a celebrity, especially an idol announce that he/she is dating, people from everywhere and nowhere will surface with unjustifiable hatred. They criticized Haehyun for being ugly, fat, short, and unfashionable. Of course all of these are untrue. Everyone who sees her pictures or fancams during “EXOtic Show” on Seoul cannot deny the fact that she is indeed pretty. She may not be overly goddess-like beautiful but she is pretty, despite the fact that she was sweating like other fans, EXO, and staffs inside the concert hall. Lay is taller than her approximately 3 inches, thus she is not short. She is quiet tall for a woman. There was no rule saying that one has to be fashionable to date or marry your fellow human being. She may not have the fashion style of SNSD's Jessica or 2ne1's CL but she isn't a fashion terrorist either. She is not fat either. Being fat is not really a choice to some people because everyone has different kinds of lifestyle and beliefs. She is the type to avoid exercising but she rarely eats out. Her parents are chef and thus she grew up knowing what the healthy diets are. Eating whatever she likes as long as they are tasty and healthy, that is her motto.

Jealous people are haters without reasons. She had been through haters since Super Junior debuted. She helped and encouraged her friends through a lot of the hate they received over the years; she is had long been used to baseless hate. Haters gotta hate. She is okay with that. She knows humanity is not always the finest creatures in the universe. She just does not care about the hate she is direct receiving.

When EXO was in their 2nd stop, Beijing, China, fans took that opportunity to attack Haehyun as she was walking in SME’s parking lot. A couple of fans threw eggs at her. Of course, reporters who were camping out of SME were there and took pictures. News about the disgraceful characters of the fans was reported and South Korean citizens knew of it. Even fans all over the world found out about it. EXO fans who are mature enough to accept the fact that Lay is married were outrage as much as Haehyun's friends and family were. The management even asked Haehyun to have her own body guard; however, she refused. EXO found out when they came back from China.

[flashback]

Haehyun gets out of her car wearing a white knee length dress, a pink blazer, pink and purple bracelets on each wrist, he wedding ring on her finger, a basket-weave style Clutch bag, and  a pair of ‘Haute of Doors Flat in Clay’ flats.

She walks towards the entrance when suddenly a fan yells her name.

-Haehyun-nie! –Haehyun tuns because the call sounds so cute.

An egg lands on her forehead as she turns around.

Tsk. She smirks inside her head and no expression of any kind on her face as she wipes the egg out of her face. So 10 days later…they are quiet patient. Another egg lands on her, but this time it is on her white dress right on her abdomen. She stands there as she looks at the fans in front of her. The one that yelled has four friends with her. One is holding a tray of about 2 dozen eggs. The reporters do not bother to help; they just keep on clicking their cameras. The other fans seem surprise, but cannot do anything. Haehyun stands there, still looking at the 5 fans with the eggs. They throw another egg. Haehyun catches it but it breaks on her right palm. Still no expression on her face, which make the 5 fans more outrage. All five of them throw eggs at her. Haehyun slightly smiles and dodges, except one. The 5 fans got angry and rapidly start throwing eggs at her; she dodges and catches some of them. Only three actually lands on her that time. When the fans ran out of eggs, they look at Haehyun with detested eyes. Haehyun looks at them with expressionless face again, and bows. She waves good bye to the 5 fans (if you can call them that), and enters SME.

After she enters SME, the other fans laugh at the 5 fans.

-You shouldn’t mess with Haehyun unnie. –One fan wearing a Super Junior T-shirt smile.

-Go away or else we are going to beat you. –another fan says.

-You all acting like you knows her, but you didn’t even help her earlier. –One of the Psycho fans retorts.

-We promised her we won’t involve ourselves with immaturities such as what you just demonstrated, but if you don’t get out of here after we count to 5… -A SHAWOL says.

-Getting beaten up is going to be the least of your worries. –A SONE smiles sweetly while batting her eyelashes.

The 5 psychotic fans look scared. There are about 10 of SMTOWN fans in the parking lot, the reporters still talking pictures.

-1

The 5 look at each other scared of what is going to happen next.

-2

One of them runs away, far away.

-3

The remaining four run after their friend.

-Don’t mess with SMTOWN. –smirks a fan wearing red.

-I’m so disappointed to have the same fanclub name as those 5. –say a fan of EXO.

[End of flash back]

Reports and pictures of that egging incident were all over the news and the web. The reporters actually reported how the conversation between the fans. Haehyun, of course, was happy for the help she could get from the fans. She had seen and had conversations to most of the fans who hangs out outside SME so, for them to actually backed her up was very touching for her. That incident was very upsetting though.

Her family visited her that same day after the incident. She told them she was alright and that they do not have to worry about her. Her family know that Haehyun is strong but they want her to at least share the burden from everything she is receiving from fans and everyone involve to her family; like how Haehyun wanted Yixing to have someone to talk to about their relationship, how she let Luhan into their secret marriage. Her family wanted her to do the same, to talk it all out. To talk about how she actually feel about the hates and intrusions. Her family wants her to open up to them.

She had always been keeping secrets from her family because…well, her family do not really know nor does she know. A reason why she did not tell her family about her love of music is…nothing. Why did she not tell them about her work in SME? Why she lived her life in secret from her family? Why did she only tell them when Yixing found out about it too? Her family does not know.

Y

Please log in to read the full chapter