Zhang and Cho Family

I lost my mind
Please log in to read the full chapter

Haehyun and Yixing are sitting on a cream soft couch inside the Cho Family's living. Junho, Haehyun's older brother, and Mrs. Cho are currently in the road. They just called 10 minutes ago, saying that they have picked up the Zhang Family from the airport. They Zhang are flying all the way from Changsha to South Korea for a news they know nothing about.

Haehyun called them the day she found out she and Yixing are expecting, but told them nothing. She only told them that she had three plane tickets for South Korea for them. She talked the her own family and arrange for the Zhang to stay in the Cho home. Of course, Mrs. Cho was more than ecstatic at the sudden plan. The couple's family was and still is clueless at Haehyun's sudden plan but knowing Haehyun, who do not tell them anything about anything, they simply go with her flow.

Mr. Cho stares at the couple on the couch and smile for the nth time that day since the couple entered the house 2 hours ago.

-What's up, Appa? -Haehyun finally asks because she noticed him every time he smiled.

-It is such a mystery how you finally warmed up to Yixing. -Mr. Cho smiles at his daughter.

-I wasn't totally cold towards him. -Haehyun defends herself.

-Seven years is not that long... -She continues but trails off as soon as her father gives her a 7-years-is-long face.

-Okay, fine. But shouldn't you say the same thing for Yixing. He was the same as I was. -Haehyun purse her lips and gesture to Yixing beside her.

-I already liked you or maybe loved you within a few months after our marriage. Yixing reveals and Haehyun eyes widen in surprise.

-Appa knows? -Haehyun asks and the two men nod.

-Sometimes, you are just so dense; you are not as smart as you think you are sweetheart. -Mr. Cho smiles at his daughter.

-Okay. First of all I never said I was smart. And second you're right. I am dense at times. I didn't even know I love Yixing until Soojin unnie told me. -Haehyun explains with a shrug.

-When did she tell you? -Yixing asks her with anticipation in his voice.

-When we were planning for EXO's debut. -She simply answers.

-Really!? -Mr. Cho exclaim while Yixing's lips form a wide grin and his cute dimples showing. Haehyun nods like it is not big deal.

-You loved him since 5 years ago but you never did anything about it? -Mr. Cho asks her with a disbelief tone and a shaking of his head.

-What, he is busy. And I was too. -Haehyun shrugs again.

-Do you know how much sad and break up songs Yixing sung in radio stations because he thinks you feel nothing towards him? -Mr. Cho is now a little upset at his daughter's lack of concern and action.

Haehyun turns to Yixing for confirmation and her husband nod with a sorrowful gaze.

-Um I do listen to their radio appearances but I never really wondered why he sung break up songs. I thought he was good and that he was getting better each time he performed. I was more proud on his performances and it never dawn to me that those songs could mean something to him. -Haehyun apologizes in her own way and she leans to Yixing for a kiss. Yixing smiles at her and kiss her in front of his father-in-law, who only smile at the sight.

-She texted me after every radio broadcasts or live performances, telling me what I did wrong and that I'm improving on this and that. She was more of a critic and a supervisor. -Yixing informs his father-in-law.

-Of course. She would be like that. But she failed to analyze your actions deeper. -Mr. Cho adds and he looks at his daughter who is in deep thought. Haehyun nods in agreement to her father's words.

-True. True. I think I was just too focused in his performances and how he can improved them that I never even thought about why he chose to sing to songs he had sung. I guess my producer mind set hinder my composer heart from recognizing his sorrows. -Haehyun smiles apologetically and shrugs a bit.

They all nod and then the door makes a noise.  The three of them look at the door and Junho steps in with luggage.

-They're here. -Mr. Cho states the obvio

Please log in to read the full chapter