Chapter 12

Two Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 12

Devil Spawn

 

"Princess, are we going to pretend that Chanyeol actually ran away?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Yes, it been a week since he's gone." Sehun said, rubbing his hands nervously.

"There's a lot of reasons why he shouldn't come back." Himchan said, as always he's always frowning.

"Isn't this troublesome?" Kai asked.

They looked at the young knight, who was throwing rocks on the pond, seems uninterested about the conversation.

"You should have seen this day coming."

"Pretending that he is one of us?"

"Yeah, right. I can't believe I had to buried it for years just because you're protecting him."

"In the end, he's a nuisance." Kai added.

He noticed how silent they were, and he turned, seeing Dara for the first time, looking angry.

"Kai." Kyungsoo sighed.

"How dare you?" She said.

"You may have been here longer than him, but it doesn't mean you have the right to say something like that."

"I can't believe you wou-"

Kai let out a scoff, "Princess, I care about you but you confuse me sometime. What do you even want from Chanyeol?"

She blinked, she doesn't know what to say. What Kai said is true, what does she want from him? Was it because they were together? Is it because they made a promise? Why, was all she could ask herself.

"Princess?" Kyungsoo called her.

Sehun stared at Kai, "Seriously, what's your problem?!" He asked, tugging Kai's collar.

"Why have you been in people's butthole lately?"

Kai scoffed again, pushing Sehun's hand away, "Because I am the only one who sees the truth."

"And it is called being an , my dear friend."

He gave Sehun one last look, and left the area.

"Princess?" Kyungsoo called her again.

Her legs were feeling numb, it feels like she couldn't control them - she wanted to run away but she can't.

"I-I can't do this." She said softly.

00

"You will have a brother."

"I do?"

"Didn't you heard what I said earlier?" The King looked at her.

"I am.. sorry."

"You're as deaf as your mother." He said.

Bom kept her head down, as he insult her. She knew she couldn't fight back, he was too powerful, probably much more powerful than her grandfather. Then, she heard footsteps, and she turned, seeing a young boy with pale redish skin and mini horns popping out on his head.

"A demon?" She said softly.

"This is your new brother." The King said as he pushed the boy towards her.

He looked up at her, as he was just a few inches shorter, despite his appearance, he was.. kinda cute. His face was fill of worries, and terrified of everything around him.

"His name is Chanyeol, he is the devil spawn."

"A devil spawn?"

"The pure blood demon."

"It seems like his mother slept with a Demon King."

Bom looked at her father who had a smile on him, it wasn't evil, it was.. quite pleasant smile but she knew her father always have evil ways to control this poor demon.

"What should I do with him, My King?" She asked.

"Things he should know." The King replied with a smirk.

She knew what he was thinking, she knew he isn't going to make him a family. The King is going to make sure this boy will be tortured as much as her previous 'brothers'. This kid was giving a different feeling, he didn't protest, or curse at the King, or in fact, try to kill her. This demon kid is afraid of everything, she could see he is lost, and lonely just like herself. 

"I am guessing you know what to do with him?" He asked.

"Yes." She said, bowed to the King, leaving the main palace together with the kid.

As they walked together along the corridor, Bom will try to sneak a few peeks on the demon. His face expression didn't change a lot, it was still the same - afraid. 

"How are you feeling?" She asked him.

"I-I don't know, I want to go home."

"This is your new home."

"N-No, it's not. My mother will kill me if I-I.."

Bom turned, looking at the young boy, "No."

He looked at her, "Please. I need to go home..."

"Don't you understand?" She asked him.

The kid kept on shooking his head, this is rare, she thought. A pure blood demon... Who's behaving exactly like a child.

"Luhan." She called him.

Chanyeol looked up slightly, to see a guy who look like Bom's age, but maybe slightly younger than her, he had a stoic face as the princess was talking to her, "This is my new brother."

Bom said, pointed at Chanyeol, Luhan looked at the young demon, "The King really.. is something." he said.

"Your name?"

Chanyeol look really hesitated to reply, but the tall boy gave him a gentle smile, "It's fine, don't be afraid."

He was stunned that someone is actually nice to him, without threating to kill him or anything.

"Luhan, don't be too nice to him. If you're attracted to it, you're toasted." Bom said, unapproved of his actions.

"Oh.. I'm sorry, princess."

"It's fine, anyway have you seen Suho?"

"Suho is with Mister Shiwoo for training."

"Oh, alright." Bom said, shooing Luhan away, "The King called you anyway."

Luhan nodded, giving them a small bow and left.

"Is the King going to kill me?" he asked, as they continue walking.

"Maybe, maybe not."

"So it's a yes?" He asked again.

"Listen," Bom turned to look at the demon kid, "I don't really care because no matter what I do, the King will end up killing you."

"I have grow tired of this and I would pref-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter