Chapter 11 - The Past (i)

Two Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

The Past (i)

"A long.. long time ago..

"How long has this been going on?" Asks the princess's handmaiden.

Eona looked at her father screaming at his soldiers, who did 'badly' of their jobs. Eona always wanted her father to be patient but it was obvious that patient and understanding doesn't belong to a world of darkness. But in her heart, she wishes that she could change a part of the darkness. Maybe one day, she thought.

"Princess?" Her handmaiden called her.

"Yes?" She looked at her.

"If it's alright, I need to dismiss myself to help your mother for the preparation of the King's Celebration."

Eona nodded, and dismissed her. She continue looking at her father, who then beating the soldiers up which he calls a 'teaching'. She sighs, and she turned away from the horror. And there was a figure, and she stood up from her chair.

"I'm sorry, princess!" He apologized.

She sighed, "It's fine.."

"But you should have said something." She added.

"I-I'm sorry, princess but I called you a few times but you didn't respond."

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yes."

"What do you want?"

"Sire Jun ask me to you to the front palace for the preparation of the King's Celebration."

"Oh."

She stood up, and walked past him, but stopped, "What's your name, knight?"

"My name is Jiho, princess."

She nodded as she got it, and left the room.

00

Eona went to the front palace, and saw her father talking to the Head of Captain, Sire Jun.

"How are you going to make sure those damn Light knights wouldn't crash the palace?" The King asked the Head of Captain.

"My King, we doubled our troops so you will have a peaceful celebration, don't you worry." He replied.

"Very well."

"My king?" A servant appeared by his side.

"There's a few villagers who came for your aid."

"Who?" The King asked, and turned and saw three men who look like he has eaten for months, has slightly bruises and one of them look like his skin has peeled. It looked like three of them aren't feeling well.

"My Dear King.." The three men took off their hats.

"The Trolls came to our village, took our family away and asking for the King's gold.."

"Yes, it has been going on for weeks and we are very worried about our village's safety too." He added.

"So we came here to ai-"

"You need my help, I assumed?"

"Yes, my king."

He laughed, "Fools!"

"What makes you think I will help you?"

"Your life isn't important as mine."

Eona looked at her father with disgusted. Who could a king refused to protect his people? Leave aside a King, what kind of person is he? she thought.

"B-But my king.."

"Please help us! Our f-family!"

"You think I am stupid to let myself in their trap?"

"Fools! Why do you think I have villagers at the first place?"

The three men were angry at the King's words.

"Jun, dispose these men." He said.

"Yes, My King."

Sire Jun looked at Jiho, and he nodded, taking out the sword. Eona was startled at the action by her father and his 'loyal' servants. She ran towards them, stood infront of the three men.

"How dare you?"

"P-princess.."

"These three men came for your aid, and you refuse yet you want to kill them, father?!" She raised her voice.

"What kind of King are you?"

"A coward? A monster?" She added.

The King frowned, "You stupid girl, get out of the way before I will kill you myself."

She couldn't stand her father's cruelty words, and didn't move at all, "You will have to go through me first." She said.

"Jiho, take her away even if it means dragging her away." The King ordered him.

"Y-Yes, My King." He obedient him, and dragged her away.

"LET ME GO!" She shouted at Jiho who was dragging her away from the three men.

"Kill them." Sire Jun asked his remaining soldiers.

Eona looked, and seeing the three men who was scared to move, and the last thing she heard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter