Actions Speak Louder Than Words

Star Academy

You had never felt this bad. You've had problems back home like anyone else whether it was with your parents or with your friends. You consider yourself a pretty emtionally strong person. You never really noticed when you were getting teased in school by the other kids or when you did, you just ignored it. You grew up knowing to ignore people who only spoke bad about you. But Hee Rin made you feel useless. She made it feel like every friendship you had was fake. That no one around you actually cared. That you were alone in the end.

You felt a hand grasp yours which snapped you out of your thoughts. You gaze up to the person and notice it was Dongwoon. His mouth moved but no sound came out. Shaking your head slightly and concentrating on Dongwoon only, sound returned to your ears.

"-an you hear me? Hello, hey! Are you okay? What happened?" Dongwoon asks with worry. His eyes scan your face and leg. It was hard not to notice your bleeding knee and your scolding red cheek. He also notices that your eyes have no emotions in them, like they're blank. His eyes soften. He knew something was wrong. This wasn't like the regular you, not that he knew you well.

"Hey," his voice becomes softer like a whisper, "want me to take you to the nurse?" You look up into his eyes and slowly nod. A small smile appears on his face and he tugs on your hand. You feel his tug and slowly start walking beside him. You slightly limp but there was no pain in your knee. There was a strange sensation near your knee but no pain.

Dongwoon was being gentle and you normally would of thanked him for the gesture. But as soon as the thought enterred your mind, Hee Rin's voice interrupted it. "You're just a ! The boys don't really like you! Stop messing with their emotions!"

Remembering what she said, you think back to what just happened a while ago and start having those bad thoughts again. You walk slightly slower. Dongwoon notices and looks at you from the side. He notices the lack of emotions once again in your eyes. He tugs your hand.

You instantly snap out of your thoughts and look towards Dongwoon. He gazes into your eyes and smiles again. "Don't go off into wonderland while I'm right here!" he teases. He wasn't brainless. He knew something happened and whatever it was, was still bugging you. To distract you, he decided to keep talking to you, asking you random questions.

At first, you wondered why he wanted to make conversation when you clearly weren't feeling good. But you noticed that by talking to him, you were distracted by your thoughts. Whether he did it by accident or purpose, you were thankful. Even with Hee Rin's voice interrupting that thought, you couldn't help but think that maybe she was wrong.

~~~~~~

The nurse couldn't believe you busted your knee again. Though, you didn't tell her what really happened to you. You simply told her you fell again and you also smacked your cheek against the wall when you fell down. She scolded you for being clumsy and not paying attention to your surroundings. The nurse had also dismissed Dongwoon but he insisted to stay until you were ready to leave, which you found weird but accepted it.

The nurse put more bandages on your knee and your hand with a giant band-aid on your cheek. She warned you to be careful or she'll blow a fuse if you came back. You bow and thank her for her kindness and left the room. You notice Dongwoon leaning on the wall and he lifts his head when he sees you leave the room. He pushes himself off the wall. "All better?" he asks.

You nod. "Yes, thank you for bringing me here even if we were just next to it." He chuckles and pats your head like a dog. "What was I suppose to do, just leave you there? That's just mean!"

You laugh and swat his hand away. "I better get my books before the classroom opens.""

"You'll be fine? You won't hurt yourself more on your way there?"

You shake your head. "I'll be careful."

"Alright! See ya tomorrow!" he messes up your hair one more time before walking away. You start walking towards science class, praying that the room was still open. To your luck, it was. You walk in but notice that your books are missing. "That's weird...maybe Changjo has them."

You take out your cell phone, with difficulty, and call Changjo since texting would be a burden. The phone rings a couple times before he answers.

"Hello?"

"Changjo, it's (___)."

"Oh hey! Are you alright? Is your hand better?"

You smile. He was adorable. "It still hurts but it's not that bad."

"I was worried, thank god you're okay. How come you didn't come to class?"

Images of Hee Rin and her words flooded your mind. You stayed silent, thinking back to that moment. "You still there?" Changjo asks from the phone. You snap out of it.

"Ya sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I was still at the nurses place."

"Oh, is that why Hee Rin came back without you?"

'Ya right' you think but quickly said, "Ya probably." Before you forget about the real reason you called, you ask him, "Hey do you have my school bag?"

"Oh I did. I was waiting for you after class but some guy came. I think his name was Sungyeol? Anyways, he took it saying he was meeting up with you anyways." So Sungyeol had your bag.

"Alright, thanks anyways. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Neh, bye." You both hang up and you dial Sungyeol's number. If he was meeting with you, where was he now?

The phones rings and it picks up without letting it ring a second time. "Hello? (___)?" you knew it was Sungyeol from his voice but he sounded worried.

"Woh, how did you know my name?"

He chuckles."I have caller I.D."

"Smart. Anyways, I heard you have my bag?"

"Ya I do. Where did you go?"

"I had to go to the nurse's office and I couldn't text you."

"Why not?" he asks with worry.

"I hurt my hand." As those words left your mouth, you heard a loud noise from his side of the phone. "Sungyeol? Are you okay?"

"YOU'RE HURT?! WHERE ARE YOU?" he yells which made you move the phone away from your ear. "Um in science class but-" you got cut off.

"I'LL BE RIGHT THERE DON'T MOVE." he yells again as the line goes dead. "Hello? Sungyeol? Hello?" you ask before closing your phone. You stare at your phone and walk out the door to wait for Sungyeol. You could have met him somewhere else.

You wait for a bit when you hear footsteps growing louder and louder coming in your direction. You look in the direction you hear the noise from when you see Sungyeol appear out of nowhere running towards you. Did he seriously have to run?

He arrives next to you and leans on his legs to catch his breath. You chuckle at his appearance. "Was it worth running all the way here?"

"Y-yah, don't mock m-" he stops his sentence as he gazes up at you. You blink. "What?"

Suddenly, his hands wrap around your cheeks. "W-what happened? You said it was only your hand b-but-" he stops once again when he looks down to your hand and notices your knee. "YOU'RE HURT EVERYWHERE?!" he yells.

"Don't be so loud! I'm fine, just banged up."

"How did this happen?"

"Well," you point to your hand, "I burned this hand in science class. And on my way back from the nurses," you point to your cheek and knee, "I fell and busted my knee and hurt my cheek."

He stood there, in shock. He wasn't expecting to see you so bandaged up. He was worried enough when he went to your class to see not see you there. He grew even more worried when he heard some girl mention your name and then laugh with a few other girls. He hadn't bothered to ask them since they thought nothing of it. Did that girl have something to do with you getting hurt? His heart clenched at the thought. Why would someone want to hurt you?

"Yah, earth to Sungeyol." you wave your hand infront of his face snapping him from his thoughts. "Where's my bag anyways? I don't see it with you."

"Oh, I must of left it back in the dorm..." he said realizing he forgot it when he heard about you. He hadn't even thought of it, he just wanted to see you.

"Can you bring it for English tomorrow? I'm tired and too lazy to go to your dorm and back to mine." you say at the same time as a yawn leaves your mouth. A small smile appears on his face. "Of course! I won't forget it this time." he promises.

You smile and your eyes meet up with his. "Thanks for taking my bag with you anyways. I thought it was going to get forgotten here."

You suddenly feel arms wrap around your shoulders and a warm chest against your cheek. You realize Sungyeol was hugging you, not unnatural coming from him. "Sorry I wasn't there." he whispers into your hair. His eyes close.

You figured he was talking about your hand and say, "It's fine, really. You've been there for me for everything else. I appreciate everything you do, even if I still get slightly hurt. You don't have to apologize for my clumsiness."

Sungyeol feels warmth spread through his chest again and his heartbeat picks up. A smile grows on his face as he leans further into your hair, breathing in your scent. Your scent was a mixture of strawberry and vanilla. He feels at peace everytime your in his arms and he doesn't want to let go. Was this still friendship?

You feel his shoulders relax as you wrap your arms around his torso, hugging him back. The both of you stand there in each others embrace. You honestly believed Hee Rin's words. But now, you know she was wrong. She couldn't know how they feel just as much as you couldn't. Either way, you knew Sungyeol will be by your side no matter what. That thought brought warmth to your chest. You liked that feeling.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

New chapter! I'm at work now so sorry if there's any mistakes.

Also, I started writing this chapter and i pressed some button which erased everything I had written. SO. FRUSTRATING.

Anyways, hoped you guys liked it!

-Amanda