Adoption

Star Academy

It's been a few days since the incident with the glue and the anti's; as you called them. Since you met Krystal, you would greet her every morning in math class. Sometimes you would hold a conversation with her while she waited for class to start. Apperently staying at the front of the class isn't that fun and quite boring.

Also, you conversed more with your Art teacher, Ms.Park. Since you found out about her and your English teacher, Mr.Choi, were dating, they both talk to you more. You also know that Mr.Choi wants to propose to her soon. They talked about adopting together and he said that at the baby shower he would propose to her.

It was lunch time and you were spending time with Infinite. Apperently, they called themselves that because they've been together since high school and they'll stay friends forever. It was a cute explanation.

Woohyun, Hoya, and Sungyeol were playing soccer, again, against Sunggyu, Myungsoo and Dongwoo. While they were playing, you and Sungjong ate your lunch and watched them play. You talked about random things as well inbetween like art class, food and music. You also found out that Sungjong wanted to act.

"What do you want to act in?" you ask, still on the topic of acting.

"Anything really. Theater, musicals, commercials, movies. I'll take anything!" he chuckles.

"Does the school have a theater club?"

"Neh, but the auditions still haven't gone up."

You nod. "Actually," he starts,"I saw auditions for this commercial near our school."

"That's good! You need to try!" you say patting his back. "I don't know, I'm a little nervous." he says staring at the ground. You frown. "Well if you can't do this commercial, who says you won't be shy with bigger projects. You have to try!"

He looked over to you and smiled. "Thanks. That's.....pretty good advice actually." You laugh at his response. "Of course it is."

You both look back to the others. Myungsoo was teasing Sungyeol, Dongwoo was distracting Woohyun while Sunggyu tried to kick the ball in the goal. Hoya was catching up to him. "What do the others want to do in the future?" you ask still staring at the boys. Hoya had just stolen the ball from Sunggyu as he was about to make a goal.

"From what I know, Myungsoo wants to be a photographer." That you knew. You would buy any picture he took. They were that beautiful.

"Hoya wants to be a dancer." He was the dancer of the group. Extremely talented.

"Woohyun and Sungyeol want to be in the entertainment business." That's surprising. You pictured Woohyun as a teacher and Sungyeol as some sports coach.

"Dongwoo would like to be a rapper." That didn't surprise you. He would always show you his new raps whenever he could.

"And Sunggyu wants to be a singer." Now that was surprising! "Really? Is he good?"

"Sunggyu hyung? Heck ya."

You gaze towards Sunggyu who was complaining about god knows what and running after Myungsoo. A smile formed onto your face while you stared at Sunggyu. He was an awkward boy but once you got to knew him, he was a sweetheart. Since he is the oldest, he takes care of the boys and you. Who knew he would want to sing.

"I'd love to hear him sing one day." you say outloud. Sungjong looks over to you and smiles. "You will. I promise you that much!" You look at him and return the smile.

From behind Sungjong, you notice a figure walking towards the two of you. Once that person walks closer, you notice it's Ms.Park. Once she gets close enough, she speaks up. "Sungjong, (___), sorry to disturb you both."

Sungjong looks over to her. "No need to apologize Ms.Park. What's the problem?"

"I need to talk to (___)." Surprised, you point to yourself. "Me?"

"Yes now hurry over!" she says walking a few steps away from Sungong so he wouldn't hear. You get up and follow her. Once you get to her side, you ask,"What's wrong Ms.Park?"

She looks over and a giant smile appears on her face. She grabs your hands and starts jumping up and down. "We finally decided!"

Confused, you jump a little along with her. "Decided what?"

"We're adopting a baby!!" You gasp. "No way! Congradulations!" She hugs you and makes you spin around. You let her and hug her back chuckling in the progress. You can see Sungjong looking at you with a confused look.

She stops spinning you and grabs onto your shoulders. "Now there is a reason why I told you this."

You look at her quizically. What did she want? *Wait a second, if she's adopting, doesn't that mean she'll be having a baby shower?"

"I trust you with this responsibility."

*Didn't Mr.Choi say he would propose at the baby shower?"

"You'll be helping me with the baby shower!"

*Oh my god!*

~~~~~~

According to Ms.Park, the baby shower will be over the weekend. Which is in three days. So you had a lot to plan. First day, you and Ms.Park looked at different colors and invitations. After a few hours, she decided on the color of purple. She was skeptical at first since purple was more of a girl color in her eyes but then you told her about Hoya loving the color purple and she agreed. She also hoped that Hoya never turns out gay.

You both spent the next few hours of the first day making the invitations. She wanted them all handmade. She felt the need for it to be creative and since she's an art teacher, she meant every word. After making every single card, you mailed them out.

The second day, you searched for gifts she could request. That didn't take long since she already had an idea from when they first talked about having a baby. Once that was done, you left the school to go buy food for the party which was in one day. You bought loads and loads of food, from meats, fruits, snacks.

Did you mention this was all done after classes? So of course, you were too tired to do any homework once you got to your dorm. For the past few days, you crashed on your bed and instantly fell asleep. But you woke up earlier than usual to get it done. You had to pass school after all.

It was now the third day. Tomorrow would be the day of the baby shower. It was a Friday and Ms.Park was able to get the whole day off with you. The school let you off the hook once since it was for a baby shower and they wouldn't want to deny Ms.Park. Apparently, making her depressed or sad is the worse thing you could do. Like kicking a puppy. You've never seen her sad or depressed. Yet.

You were now in her home, cooking and baking any food that could be cooked and still be good for tomorrow. You were able to make two kinds of food out of, ten? And those two took 4 hours. It would be a long day. In the middle of your cooking, Ms.Park announced that she was able to get a few more students to help her out with cooking and decorating.

"Who are they?" you ask stirring the mixer for a cake.

"Maybe you've heard of them. One of them is your age and they're in a band."

A band? "I don't know anyone in a band." you say honestly.

"Well you will soon." she said sticking a balloon on the wall at the entrance of the kitchen. At that moment, the doorbell rang. "It must be them!"

She climbed down the chair she was using to stand on and walked over to the door. You heard her open the door. "Hello boys! Come in! You'll be working right away, we have lots to do."

"Noona...You said there would be food! Not that we'd be man slaves!"

Did one of them call her noona? You didn't know she had a brother.

"If you complain any more, I will tell your brother!"

"Aishh, no fair..."

Now you were confused. You heard things being put down on the floor and feet walking towards the kitchen. You turn and see Ms.Park with five boys behind her. "Boys, meet (___), who is the lovely girl I talked to you about!"

"You talked about me?" you say to her but she ignored you. She pointed to dark brown haired boy. "That's Jonghoon, he's the oldest." He bowed and smiled. "Pleasure to meet you."

Her hand moved to a short boy with brown hair. "That's Minhwan, the shorty."

"Hey!" he yelled. She ignored him and pointed to the next boy. "This is Hongki, the amazing vocals."

"You flatter me!" he said and laughed. She pointed to a boy in the back. "That's Jaejin, the cutie pie."

He waved at you and smiled. His smile was adorable. "Nice to meet you."

"And last," she said putting her hand on the boy next to her, "this is Seunghyun, he's your age."

The whole time he was staring at you. You felt uncomfortable under his gaze until he spoke. "Oh, you're in my English class."

You stayed silent and looked him over. He had black hair but his fringe was blond. You tried rememebering his name. Then it clicked. "Oh, you're the kid that carries his guitar around in class!"

Ms.Park chuckles after hearing what you said. "You're lucky that you're friends with Shinwoo's brother. You're technically not allowed to bring that with you in class!" she said messing up Seunghyun's hair. "Yah!" he yells trying to get her hands away from him.

"Shinwoo?" you ask outloud. She looks over to you. "Oh, that's Mr.Choi's name. His full name is Choi Shin Woo." She then pointed to Jonghoon. "He's also his brother."

You nod in amazement. "I didn't know you were related."

"How do you think we got in?" Hongki chuckled.

Before you can answer, Ms.Park interrupted. "Ok enough chit-chat, the baby shower is tomorrow! Let's get a move on!" She pushed all the boys except Jonghoon out the kitchen. "You boys help me with decorations. Jonghoon help (___) with the food."

"Why does he help with food?!" Minhwan complained from the living room. Jonghoon walked over to you and stood beside you. You look over to him.

"So what can I help with?" he said as a smile forms.

~~~~~~

Today's the day. The baby shower was today. You were at Ms.Park's house, where the baby shower was. You helped pass the food alongside of Seunghyun. They also came along today. At first it was surprising but then you remembered Jonghoon and Mr.Choi being related.

You walked back in the kitchen with the empty plate. Jonghoon was in the kitchen, cooking the little food that the both of you were unable to cook yesterday. You actually had fun cooking with Jonghoon yesterday. Actually, you had fun spending the day with Ms.Park and those boys.

"All gone?" he asked eyeing the empty plate from the corner of his eye. You nod and place it in the sink. You didn't expect this many people to come along. Seunghyun then come into the kitchen and places his plate in the sink as well. "It's like feeding hungry lions!"

You laugh at his lame joke. "It only just started." you say walking to the fridge to get another plate out. He sighs. "Don't remind me." He also grabbed another plate and you close the door. You both left the kitchen and continued to serve the people. Jaejin, Minhwan and Hongki were singing a soft song. Since they were in a band, and since Ms.Park wanted something creative, she made them sing live instead of using a CD. The boys didn't mind since it was free publicity.

Ms.Park and Mr.Choi were chatting with the people around them. Mr.Choi had an arm around her waist. You stared at them as they chatted away. Every now and then, either one would stare at the other with a loving gaze. Your heart soared at the thought of having someone that important in your life.

"Do you like Mr.Choi?" a voice said from behind you. You look back. It was Seunghyun.

"What? No, god no." you say with a disgusted face. He was good looking but he was your teacher. Just plain weird.

He laughed. "I was joking. You were just staring at them for a long time."

"Oh," you say a little embarassed. "Sorry, I got distracted."

At that moment, Mr.Choi's voice erupts from the speakers. You look over and notice him infront of the mic that Hongki was using to sing. The music had also stopped.

"Hello everyone. Nice to see all your faces here today. I'm glad that many of you came on this special day." His eyes landed on Ms.Park. "As you know, me and my lovely girlfriend will be adopting a child."

Cheers and claps erupted from a few people. Mr.Choi laughed. "Yes, exciting! Except there's a problem."

Everyone got quiet really fast. The look on Ms.Park was a mix of pure confusion and panic. You even panicked a little. *What's going on?*

Mr.Choi's eyes left Ms.Park and he stared at the crowd. "I believe that a child should have a father and a mother in their lives. Which is why we believed in adopting, to give a child another chance at finding a loving family. But, we're not an official family are we?"

You were getting more confused by every minute. Mr.Choi continued. "Sweety, can you come over here." he motioned for Ms.Park to come his way. She slowly walked over to him, all eyes on her. As she got to his side, his hand found hers as he gazed into her eyes.

"You know I love you with all my heart. We've been together since high school. You're my best friend and my lover at the same time. I'm proud to call you my girlfriend. But, I want more than just a girlfriend."

It suddenly made sense in your head. Your free hand found your mouth as a grin appeared on your face.

"Sweety," he started reaching for his pocket, "I only have 4 more words."

He kneeled down on one leg infront of her as her hands flew to and tears appeared in her eyes. She finally understood as well.

"Will you marry me?"

The room was filled with silence and a stressful aura. Everyone was anticipating for her answer. She finally removed her hands from .

"Yes.... A million times yes!" she threw her arms around his neck as he twirled her around once. The room was filled with screams, cheers, whistles and applause. You couldn't help but cheer along with everyone. Happiness was written on both their faces.

From your side, you hear Seunghyun say, "Finally! Man, he's been planning this for months." You chuckle and start clapping as the couple bows to the crowd. Tears start falling from Ms.Park's eyes. You also felt like crying.

But for once, they would be tears of happiness.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Another chapter! This took a long while to write!

I'm glad I got it down though :P

Hope you liked it!

-Amanda