Adulthood

Star Academy

After the weekend, it took literally a few seconds before the whole school found out about Ms.Park and Mr.Choi engagement. They got many congradulations and it seemed as though they both had permanent smiles on their faces. 

Since the school knew about them, they didn't hide their public display of affection anymore. So they openly shared kisses and hugs and intimate moments. Some students admired them, wanting to have a relationship just like those two, and others found it repulsive but never said anything. 

Take Sungyeol and the others. Sungyeol, Woohyun, Hoya and Sungjong would fawn over the cutest of the new couple. While Myungsoo, Sunggyu, and Hoya would look away with a look of disgust.

"I don't get how they can be so comfortable being so...intimate together." said Myungsoo, with a frown.

You chuckle. "They're engaged, isn't that normal?"

"Tch, it's disturbing."

"I find it cute!" exclaimed Sungjong. "I want a relationship like them one day."

"You just need to find a girlfriend." teased Hoya with a smirk.

"I can get a girlfriend! Right (_____)?" Sungjong turned to you. The other boys directed their attention to you as well, curious about your answer. You flush under the attention.

"Well," you say thinking about your answer, "ya, I guess. Any girl would be lucky to have you."

"See!" Sungjong said with joy. "If (____) says so then it's true."

"Whatever." Hoya frowned, his teasing having failed.

The topic was quickly changed. You payed attention to them, not participating in the conversation but listening intently. While listening, you felt a nudge on your shoulder. Looking over to your left, your eyes meet with Hoya.

"What is it Hoya?" you ask, curious as to what he wanted.

He didn't anwer right away. He wanted to ask you a question but was a little embarrassed. "I have a question?" he finally asks.

"Ya?"

"Do you think...I can get a girl too?"

The question surprised you. Especially coming from someone like Hoya who seemed to hate doing couple like things. "Like, dating wise?" you ask. You wanted to get the question right and not make it more embarrassing as it was for him.

"Ya..." he said, gazing down at the ground.

You stayed silent, relishing on your thoughts, which maybe Hoya look back at you. He was worried about your answer.

"Ya, of course." you answer, gazing into his eyes with a smile. "Honestly, any girl would be lucky to date you. Any of you guys actually. I'm surprised you asked such a question, since, well, many girls dream of dating you."

Hoya was taken back, completely oblivious to the fact that most of the female students dreamed of dating him. "R-really?!"

"Ya! Since I'm friends with you, it's wierd hearing about their conversation."

Hoya stayed silent, taking in everything you said. "Would you date me?" he asked, not meeting your eyes. He blushed at his words.

Your eyes widened at his question. You didn't know what to say. You never really liked at Hoya in a romantic way. *Now that I think about it, it wouldn't be a bad thing. If he's a good boyfriend as he is a friend, he would make a good boyfriend.*

"Ya, I guess. Considering your my friend, it's a little awkward to think about it now. But I don't see anything bad about dating you. If I did think about dating you." you say honestly.

Neither of you met eyes, both feeling embarrassed and a little tacken back by each other's conversation. At that moment, the bell rang. You silently thanked the skies.

You all got up, picking up your lunches and bags. You bid goodbye to the others and leave with Sungjong. As you turn away from the boys, Hoya took that moment to watch you.

He honestly never thought of you as more than a friend. He had asked that question out of pure curiosity. As he watched you, he was able to see a smile gaze your face as you laughed at whatever Sungjong said. 

At the site, his heart clenched. Weirded out by whatever his heart was doing, he turned away and tried to forget your smile. But his mind couldn't forget about how happy you looked.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

You walk beside Sungjong, talking about Ms.Park and Mr.Choi. You see your classroom and head towards it but you were stopped half way. You turn around to see Sungjong's hand grasping your arm. "What are you doing?" you ask confused.

"I should be asking you that." he says with a chuckle.

You stare at him with a confused look. He senses you have no idea what he's talking about so he says, "Did you forget about the Physical Exam?"

"Physical Exam?" *Was that today?*

"Ya it's today during our art class. Then we're dismissed for the rest of the day."

"Really?! When was this announced?" you asked shocked that you missed such information.

"This morning."

You think about what you were doing in the morning. It wasn't announced when you were in your dorm. You think back to your English class when it clicked.

In English class, you were writing an in-class essay. You had 15 minutes left to class before you had to hand in the essay and you weren't even half done. You heard a loud buzzing sound but you didn't pay attention to it and concentrated on finishing your essay. While writing your essay, you heard a voice but didn't pay attention. Thankfully, by the end of class, you were able to finish and hand in your essay.

*It must have been announced when I was concentrating on my essay.* you think, scolding yourself on how you could miss something as important as a physical exam.

"Where is it being held?" you ask Sungjong.

"In the gym."

You nod and follow beside Sungjong, heading towards the gym.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

You both arrived at the gym to see a line up of students. You both stand in line and wait for your turn. You knew Sungjong and you would be seperated since you're a girl and he's a boy, obviously. You just wished you could find Sulli or Sunny.

You quickly made it to the front where you gave your names. The girl wrote your names down before saying, "Miss (____), you can walk in right here," she says pointing to the opening to your left, "And Mister Sungjong, you need to go in through the other door." she points to the second pair of doors of the gym.

Sungjong turns to you. "I'll say bye now incase we don't see each other after this." 

You nod and smile. "Good luck." you say.

He says the same and heads to the other door. You walk into the gym and notice that the gym was split into two, one side being the girls and you guessed the other side was the boys. Once you walked in, there was another desk with a few people passing out papers. You walk over to them and they give you a paper.

"Fill this out by doing the required tests and then hand it in by the exit." the guy handing out the papers says. You nod and walk away. As you walk, you glance down at your paper. There were a few physical tests, like push-ups, balance test, jumping test, and a stretching test. You also had to measure yourself by height, weight, hip, and other places.

You look up and notice that few people were doing their physical exams so you head over to the push-up test. You quickly finish it, marking down a total of 15 in a minute. You weren't very strong so you were surprised you even made more than 5 push-ups.

As you headed over to the balance test, you notice Sulli doing her balance test. You beamed at the site of her and rushed over. Once she was done, you called her over. "Sulli!" you call out.

She looks around before finding you in the crowd. She walks over to you. "Hey! What is it?" she asks.

"Mind if I stick with you until the end of the exam. Then maybe we can hang out." you say with a smile.

"Of course! Did you do the push-up exam yet?" she asks. You nod. "Ya but I didn't do the balance test yet."

"Did you do the other physical tests?" she asks with a slight frown; she hoped that you still had a lot to do since she just walked in as well.

"No, I only did the push-up test so far." you answer.

"Perfect! I'll meet you back here after my push-up test and we'll finish the other exams together!" 

You nod and watch her as she walks towards the push-up test. You turn around and get into place for the balance test. You had to held yourself on one leg and time yourself.

You were able to balance yourself for two minutes and a half before you lost balance. As you were marking your answer down, Sulli walked up to you. "How were you able to balance for so long?" she asks with a shocked face. "I was only able to stay for 30 seconds!"

You chuckle and shrug. You both made your way to the other tests. The next one was the jumping test. The test was to jump as high you can and mark the height you jump while jumping on a wall with chalk. Sulli went first and we got passed the normal jumping height for girls. When it was your turn, you didn't get as high as Sulli but you got it barely over the normal jumping height.

The last physical test was the stretching test. You had to use a little box with a measuring stick. You then had to push a bar as far as you could up the box. You went first this time and got it barely passed the normal stretching point for girls. As for Sulli, she didn't even reach the normal stretching point. I guess you all had your strong and weak points.

Since you were done with the physical tests, you headed over to the section that would be used for measuring yourself. This was done by yourself in a little tent so that you could have privacy since you would be required to take some clothes off.

"Damn, we're being seperated here." Sulli said with a pout.

"Then let's meet up on the outside of the exit." you say patting her back reassuringly. She nods and her spirits instantly cheer up. 

One of the workers walked up to you two. "Hi, do you need one of the tents?" she asked kindly.

You both nod. She points to a opened tent nearby. "One of you can use that one."

You turn to Sulli. "You take it. I'll wait for the next one." you say with a smile.

Sulli nods and walks over to the tent, closing it behind her. You patiently walk for your turn when the same worker walks over to you. "It might take a while for another tent to be free. Since you're the only one waiting right now, would you mind using one on the boys side?" she asks.

You look around you and notice that you are indeed the only girl waiting for a tent right now. Wanting to get this over and done with, you nod. She guides you over to the fake wall that is seperating the girls from the boys. She lifts one of the corners and peeks through.

She then turns to you and waves you over. You walk over and pass through the little opening. The boys side was the same as the girls and they pretty much did the same physical tests. While you watched some boys do their tests, the worker walks around trying to find an empty tent.

She finds one at the back of the room, close to the opening you walked through. "Miss, you can use this one. Be quick and head back to the other side once you're done. I'll be waiting right here." she said, pointing to the tent.

You thank her and walk in the tent, closing the flap behind you. You place your paper on the small table. You decide on doing the tests that don't require for you to undress first. 

You were finished most of the tests but notice that the tent is missing tape to measure your waist. You peak your head out of the tent. "Sorry," you say catching the attention of the worker, "the measuring tape is missing."

"Oh right! Ok, you finish the missing tests while I go get the tape." she says and walks over to the other side. You go back into the tent.

The only missing tests you have left is the weighing test and the measuring test but those require for you to undress. You start undressing yourself, removing your shirt, shoes and socks but keeping your bra on. You only have your skirt left. 

You fix the measuring machine first, before starting to remove your skirt. As you your skirt, you hear the flap of the tent open. Thinking it's the worker, you turn around.

But it wasn't the worker. Your eyes widened as a MALE student walks in. He clearly doesn't notice you there, since you closes the flap down. Before you can even grab your shirt to cover yourself, the boys looks up and meets your eyes.

You recongnize the boy. It was Myungsoo.

His eyes widen, shocked at the fact that a GIRL is in a boy's tent, but also that the girl is you. He notices that you look different then usual so his eyes automatically gaze down at something other then your face. His eyes latch onto your semi-exposed chest which causes him to choke on air. He quickly diverts his eyes as blood rushes to his face. He turns around and covers his face with his hand. 

"I-I'm sorry!" he exclaims before quickly leaving the tent just as the worker walks in. She watches him as he runs away from the tent. Confused, she looks back at you.

You were still shocked and frozen in place by the fact that Myungsoo had just walked in on your undressing. And also the fact that he saw you half-exposed. 

"Are you alright miss?" she asks, placing the measuring tape on the small table.

Snapping out of your thoughts, you look over to her and nod. "Ya, I'm fine. Just a shocked because he walked in."

"Would you like to report him?" she asks with concern. 

"No! Oh, he's my friend. It's an honest mistake." you say reassuringly.

She nods and walks out of the tent. "If you say so. Make it quick so nothing like that happens again."

You quickly get completely undressed and finish the remaining tests. You dress yourself again and walk out of the tent, with your paper and tape in hand. The worker guides you back over to the girls side.

You thank her and make your way to the exit. You give the people your paper and walk out of the gym. You instantly find Sulli who was waiting by the door.

"Took you long enough!" she says, walking over to you.

"S-sorry, something unexpected happened."

She blinks in confusion. "What happened?"

"Well," you hesitate before whispering, "a student walked in on me undressing."

"So?" she says raising an eyebrow.

"I should add the fact that I was using one of the guys' tents..." you add.

She stays silent, not quite getting what the fuss is about. Then, she finally realizes what you mean.

"Omg, are you okay?! Did he try anything?!" she says grabbing your arms and checking them for any signs of abuse.

"No, no, nothing like that. He accidently walked in but then quickly left."

"Did he," she says looking into your eyes, "Did he see anything?"

You stay silent, flushing at the thought of Myungsoo seeing you semi-undressed. Sulli gasps; knowing the answer from your silence. "Do you know who it was?"

You slowly nod before saying, "Can we not talk about this here?"

Sulli nods, understanding that it's weird talking about it in public. "My dorm?"

"Sure." you say with a small smile.

Just as you were about to leave, you notice a certain person leave the gym from the boys side. It was Myungsoo.

He didn't notice you at first. Before you can look away and leave, he looks over to your side as your eyes meet. You both stare at each other as you both become red in the face.

You look away first and grab Sulli's hand, asking if you could leave. She agrees and you both leave the gym area and walk towards the dorms.

Myungsoo didn't look away though, as he kept his gaze on your retreating form. It was embarassing to see you in such a state when you were close friends.

But he was more worried that this accident would make it awkward between you two. He promised himself to talk to you about it the next day.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

I finally updated after over a month! maybe even more

I lost a little inspiration and motivation but I found it again, yay! :D

Hope you enjoyed!

-Amanda