A Stack of Books

Star Academy

*~* AUTHORS NOTE *~*

I'm changing the writing style from now on, just a warning :) It's not much but ya know

Enjoy~

~~~~~~

Another week passed at Star Academy. You grew close to Teen Top (the name they gave to their group) during that time; Changjo being the closest out of all of them. Due to that fact he was in your Science class and your English class as well, you both spent more time together. Of course, you still spent your lunch break with the other boys, you would never leave them. They've become your best friends, apart from Sunny, and you weren't the only one to think so.

The boys thought it was awkward having you around at first. You were a girl after all. But, you grew on them. Sungyeol was right after all. You fit in perfectly with the rest of them. Some of them are still a little awkward around you but they're making progress. Sungyeol grew the closest to you. Even the mere thought of you made a smile appear on his face. English class was his favorite because he knew you'd be there. You affected him greatly but he didn't mind.

To your surprise, you became close to your English teacher as well; who's name is Mr. Choi. Out of all the teachers, he was your favorite. He thought the same. You were like a daughter to him. You became so close he even told you about his dating life! Surprisingly, he was dating your art teacher, who was your second favorite teacher. Now that you think about it, they were the perfect couple.

You were in English class now but you weren't paying attention. Instead of writing down the notes, you were writing a letter. The letter was for your family back in Canada. You promised them that every 2 weeks you'd send them a letter. In the middle of writing your letter, talking about your new friends, Mr.Shin Hyuk called you.

"(____)?"

You lift your head up. "Yes, sir?"

"Can you please go get the novels in my office? I forgot them there."

"Neh." You got up and head out the classroom, after he gave you the directions to his office.

You walked down to the first floor and after a few turns, you arrived at his office. You usually wouldn't mind getting something for your teacher except this time, you wish he hadn't asked you. The stack of novels was LARGE. You weren't even sure you could carry them all by yourself!

"Seriously, he could of warned me about the amount of books!" you exclaim picking up the pile of novels. They certainly were heavy but thank god they were tiny. You slowly make your way out of the office and slid the door with your foot to close it. The stack was blocking your view but you managed to make it to the stairs.

You climb them, slowly and carefully, as to not drop any. You made it up the first slight of stairs but you had one more to go. You make your way up the flight of stairs when all of sudden, your foot misses the step. Your body lunges forward and you fall knee first into the step. The books were spread across the stairs but you forgot about them as soon as pain shot from your knee. You lift your body and sit on the stairs. You examine your knee.

Both were bruised and busted but one of them started bleeding.

", you've got to be kidding me?" you say out loud.

You gather the books into a neat pile again, making sure none had any scratchs on them. You stand up, ready to pick the books up again but your knee gave out under you. You whimper and look at your bleeding knee again. Looking closer, you notice you hadn't just banged your knee but you actually dented it. "How sharp are these stairs?!"

Just as you try standing up again, holding on to the ramp, a voice erupts from above you. "Are you okay?"

You look up and notice Minwoo, the boy from your gym class. He makes his way towards you and notices your knee. "You're bleeding! We need to get you to the nurse."

" I'll be fine, I just need to bring these books to class." you say trying to reassure him and reach for the books. His hand grabs yours and pulls it away from the books. "But your knee..." he points to your knee. Blood had now reached your socks, turning them red. "I still need to bring these to class."

In the end, Minwoo had picked up the books and was beside you, walking to your class. Afterwards, Minwoo would bring you to the nurse. It felt weird since you only met him once before and here he was helping you. "Thank you, for helping me." you say, limping and using his arm to hold on. He looked over to you and smiled. "No problem, I couldn't just leave you there with a bleeding knee." He has a gorgeous smile. You smile back at him.

You arrive at your classroom. Mr.Shin Hyuk looked over to you with smile but it quickly turned into a frown as he saw your knee. "What happened?" he asked making the classrooms attention turn to you. Heat rushes to your cheeks. "I tripped on the steps." Laughter could be heard from a few students.

Minwoo walked to your teachers desk, placing the novels down and telling him he would bring you to the nurse. You glance over to Sungyeol. He was looking at your knee then looked up at you with worry written on his face. He mouths out 'are you okay?' and you nod your head giving him a smile. He seem to relax after that.

Sungyeol felt bad for you. Your knee looked bad. He wanted to be the one helping you, making sure you were okay but this other boy was bringing you instead. He felt a little jealous. Why do I feel jealous? 

Changjo was in the far back but he could visibly see the blood dripping down your leg. He too wanted to help you out but before he could ask the teacher, you and the boy left the class. He saw you using the boys arm as a support and his heart clenched at the site. Am I getting sick?

Both of their hearts reacted to you without them knowing the real reasons. Though, that would soon change.

~~~~~~

The nurse patched up your knee. "Your knee will be fine but you can't put too much pressure on it. I'll give you some pain killers."

You nod and look over to Minwoo. "You could go back to class now. Your teacher must be wondering where you are."

"I got a pass anyways. You sure you'll be fine?" he asked with sincerity. You nod and smile. "Ya don't worry. You'll see me during gym class anyways."

"Right, well see you then." he waves and leaves the room.

After you take the painkillers, you head back to English class. There was only a few minutes left but you needed to get your bag. The bell rang as you arrive at the door. You're about to go in but Sungyeol emerges from the class. "Oh! (___)!" he says, surprised to see you. "Are you okay? Does your knee still hurt?"

"No, I took painkillers. I'll be fine."

"Good, I was worried." he chuckles nervously. "Oh, here your bag." He hands you your bag. "Thank you! Well, I'll see you at lunch?" you ask taking your bag.

He smiles and nods. "Do you need help getting to class?"

"Nah I'll be good. Now go before you get in trouble!"

He laughs and leaves after waving goodbye. You limp your way to your next class with a smile on your face.

~~~~~~

You sigh and let yourself fall on your bed. "This ..."

You were suppose to be in history class now but the teacher kicked you out and demanded you take the day off. You declined but then he sent you to the nurse and she gave you a paper which let you skip the whole day. You had no choice but to go to your dorm. But what were you suppose to do for the rest of the day? "How am I suppose to go out and eat with the boys for lunch?"

You spent your time doing the little homework you had. That's when the idea came to your head. You had Sungyeol's cell number, you could just text him! "I can be really dense sometimes."

You texted him that you'd be unable to eat your lunch with them. You get up from your bed after sending the text to Sungyeol and take your lunch out, ready to eat it.

You ate about half when you could hear the bell ring. You sigh. "I want to be with the boys! Why does this only happen to me?!"

All of a sudden, a knock is heard on your door. Confused, you walk over to the door and open it. "Hello?" you ask peeking from behind the door.

The door gets pushed further open and Sungyeol and the others walk in. "Hi~!" says Dongwoo, slipping his arm around your shoulder. 

"What are you guys doing here?" you ask, still in shock about them walking in.

"Just because you can't make it doesn't mean we can't eat together!" said Sungyeol with a bright smile. 

The boys settle down around your room. Sunggyu and Myungsoo on your bed, Dongwoo and Hoya on the small couch, Sungjong on your desk chair, Woohyun on Sunny's desk chair and Sungyeol claimed your floor. You walk over to them and settle down beside Sungyeol.

"Poor (___), your knee must hurt a lot." says Sungjong with a pout.

"It's not that bad, I just can't put too much weight on it."

Suddenly, Sungyeol slips his hand inbetween yours. You look over to him. "What are you doing?"

"I was worried! I couldn't wait till the end of class to see you." He rests his head on your shoulder, still holding your hand. If you weren't close to him, it would of bothered you. You've never held hands before but since this was Sungyeol, you let him. After all, you felt bad for making him worry.

Sungyeol was happy you didn't push him away. His gaze went down to your intertwined hands and he couldn't help but smile. A warm feeling spread through his heart. He didn't know what it was but he loved it. He got that feeling more and more whenever you were around. Whatever the meaning was, he was glad it was you making him feel so joyful and warm.

The group ate their lunches with happiness and laughter. Even if they weren't at their usual spot and they couldn't play soccer, being around you was what made them happy. All of them knew you were special in their hearts; as they were special to you. All of them gaze at you as you laugh at Dongwoo's horrible joke. A smile erupts from all of them as that same warm feeling spread through all their hearts.

 

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Hope you guys enjoyed it! Do you like the new style of writing? It's not much in difference but theirs still one!

I would love some feedback if you have any ^-^

-Amanda