Introduction

Star Academy

The start of a new school year is always nerve-wrecking, especially the start of high school. It's worse when you're far away from home with no one close to you. Sadly, that's you. This moment is a sad and yet, happy moment. Sad for the fact that you're far from your family but happy because you get the oppurtunity to study in a different country. You didn't know much about this school before registering for the scholarship but you knew it was a dorm style high school and that it was private. Well, private ish.

Currently, you're at the front desk getting your schedule. Since you didn't meet your roommate, you couldn't get inside the room until after classes. The only thing you knew about your roommate is she's an older girl. At least it wasn't a boy.

"Here you go, you're schedule for this year. Now quickly get to class as they are about to start." said the secretary as she passed you're schedule to you. You take it and quickly scan the paper to see where and what class you had.

  1. English
  2. Math
  3. History
  4. [Lunch Break]
  5. Art
  6. Gym
  7. Science

"Thank you!" you say and bow quickly as you rush to find your class before it starts. The class was on the 2nd floor so you quickly run up the stairs. The bell rang just as you knock on the classroom door. You breath in and out to relax yourself. It's okay, you'll be fine. Just be polite and don't get in trouble.

You hear a voice from the other side say, "Come in." You open the door and quickly glance at your class before turning your head to your teacher and bowing, "I'm sorry for being late, it won't happen again."

"It's the first day of school so I'll let you go for today. Now sit."

You rush to your seat and sit in the only empty seat. It was near the window, one seat behind the first seat. You take out what you need and wait for the teacher to start the class. You didn't dare move your head unless it was to look at the teacher. You were shy and nervous when it came to new things. You're actually outgoing but since you didn't know anyone, being shy was all you could do.

The teacher finally got up and started talking about the guideline of the class and what to expect on the board. First few days of school are usually very slow and you were thankful this school seemed like it followed that guide. You were listening to the teacher, taking notes here and there when a note suddenly appeared on your desk.

You froze. Who could throw this to you?

You glance to your side and see a boy wave at you with a big smile on his face. You just continue to stare, thinking, when he points to your desk. Huh? You look down at your desk and see the paper again. You look back at him as he gives you a thumbs up.

Blinking, you open the paper. Only one word was written on that paper.

Hi ^-^

Just a simple word. Yet, it meant the world to you. You smiled. Could this mean a new friend? Maybe you were thinking too much about this. You forget your thought and quickly write down, 'Hello'. You toss it back to him. Not that the teacher would notice since he hadn't turned around once since he started talking.

You turn your attention back to the teacher only to have the paper return to your desk. You open it and see,

My name's Sungyeol. And you?

You write down your name with 'Nice to meet you' right next to it. You toss it back just in time for the teacher to turn around. He glanced at everyone, to see if everyone was paying attention then a grin appeared on his face. "Now that everything was said and done, I'll give you free time to socialize with each other. You'll all be together for the whole year so make sure you're all on good terms. Any questions, come direct it to me!" He ended his 'speech' and sat at his desk as the class got filled with noise.

You lean back in your chair and exhale. You're glad the teacher let you social but who would you socialize with? That Sungyeol guy? Nah, he probably has other friends. Your thought was quickly dismissed when you saw a chair be placed beside your desk. You blink and look at the person. Sungyeol?

"Can I sit here?," he said pointing to the chair he placed near your desk. You nod and straighten your back as he sits down and faces you. "Your name is (____)-a right?" he asks.

You nod and say, "Neh, you're Sungyeol-ssi?"

"You remember!," he says grinning,"I was scared you wouldn't remember!"

You smile at his response. Maybe he did want to be your friend.

"Since we'll be in this class for a whole year, and you seemed nervous, i thought I'd present myself! IF you were wondering." he said. "Makes sense. I'm actually glad you did, i don't know anyone here," you say with a slight chuckle.

"Jinjja?! Woh, you're brand new here!" he gasped in shock. Was it that surprising? "You know people?", you ask.

"Ya of course! First years, second years and third years!"

You nod and smile. "Thank you for talking to me today. I really appreciate it."

He laughs. "Just buy me food and we're even!"

"Deal!"

First day and you had a friend. Well, you would consider him a friend. You don't really know how he saw you. The bell suddenly rang leaving you confused. Class finished already?

"Time for next class I guess," said Sungyeol standing up. He looks at you and blinks. "Aren't you going to your next class?"

"I'm a little confused. Aren't classes suppose to last around an hour, at least?" He chuckled in response. "You're clearly new. It's a mini day so you get adjusted to your classes and stuff like that."

Oh, that makes sense. You grab your things, shove them in your bag and stand up beside Sungyeol. "What class do you have next?," he asks walking to the door. You follow him out the door.

"Math, you?"

"Gym."

You smile and bow. "So see you tomorrow then?"

He grins. "Yup! Bye (____)-a!" he says as he heads down the left hallway and dissapears through the crowd. You smile and had down the right hallway towards your Math class. Maybe I worried for nothing.

~End of the mini day~

Nothing really happened in your other classes. Compared to your English teacher, the other teachers seemed to take everything seriously. They talked the entire time and didn't let the students talks among each other to get to know each other. Oh well, at least I made one friend, you thought as you walk to your dorm room. The lunch break was the only thing that didn't follow the schedule since each class took 20 minutes each.

Your dorm number was #86 and after walking aimlessly, taking your time since all your classes were done, you found your door. You heard music from the other side so you assumed your roommate was in there. You knock and wait for the door to be opened. You thought about knocking again when the door suddenly drew open. There was no more music so she must have turned it off. A girl with short blonde hair stood infront of you with a bright smile on her face.

"Hi there! You must be my roomie. Please, come in." she said, moving over to the side to let you in. You bowed and walked in looking at your new room. It was simple yet pretty. The walls were a light blue and white. To the right of you was the bathroom. On the right wall, there were two beds with small stands on either side of both beds and shelfs over the bed. On the left were two desks and two dressers to put clothes in. The wall facing you had two giant windows with a little sofa right in the middle. It was perfect.

"Make yourself comfortable. I brought in your stuff and put them near your bed." she said pointing to the one near the window. She turned to you. "I'm Lee Soon-kyu but you can call me Sunny. I know I'm older and you have to call me Unnie but I hate that, makes me sound old."

You chuckle and nod. "I'm (____), pleased to meet you."

She smiles and walks over to the little couch, sitting on it. "You're a first year right?" she asks. You nod and walk over to your bed, sitting on it. "Cute. I'm a third year." she says, smiling.

"This is your last year?"

She nods. "Yup so you'll have a new roommate by next school year." She fold her legs in an indian position. "Let's talk for a bit. We'll be living together for the school year, might as well know each other." You smile and agree. Another friend.

~Later on~

Sunny and you had talked for 3 hours. She was very friendly so it was easy to open up to her. She told you about her group of friends and stories about this school. She's very easy to talk to which you were glad you're roommate was someone like her.

She stood up and stretched. "I'm going to meet my friends, want to come?"

You shake your head and say, "No thank you. I'll unpack my stuff while you're out." She nods and walks towards the door. "I won't be out for long but don't wait after me. School officially starts tomorrow so get proper sleep!"

"Neh, have fun."

She waved and left the room leaving you to yourself. You spent the next few hours emptying your suitcases and personalizing your corner to make it more like home. Even if nothing could remind you of your home. You missed your home. Maybe you should call? No, time zones aren't the same. They probably won't be up by now. You stretch and quickly go change into your sleep wear.

You lay on your bed and stare at the cieling. Let's hope tomorrow goes just as good as today, was the last thought you had as you drift off into dream land.

 

 

 

~~**~~**~~**~~**~~

The first chapter to my first story ever on here! Hope to hear your feedback ^-^

Thank you for reading~

-Amanda