Some Sacrifices are Worth It

PLANET EXO: Legend of the Elders

Jaejoong and Lay had been gone for about ten minutes when a large boom shook the palace. The four leaders looked to each other and immediately took positions around the room. Suho was placed by the window, Kris was by the door, and RapMon and Yongguk were on either side of Yunho’s bed, protecting him from anything that may come for him. Suho looked out of the window in time to see a red plume of fire and rubble flying from one of the city walls. Suddenly the door to Yunho’s room was flung open Kris immediately summoned a wall of fire and was ready to make some Normie crisps.

“Wait! Wait!” A high pitched, dolphin-like voice was heard.

“Junsu! My lord, I apologize, with the explosions and all I thought you might be a Normie,” Kris said.

“That’s alright, I would’ve reacted the same way. What the hell was that anyway?” Junsu asked, his mind racing and trying to find a way out.

“I’m pretty sure the Normies found us, I think we led them here, I’m so sorry,” Kris replied.

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it. We have been prepared for this for quite a while now. We even have a hidden chamber. We have to get there now, it’s better equipped and easier to fight from there. It has a better vantage point and is less accessible to the Normies,” Junsu said, running around Yunho’s room grabbing books and other important materials, “Come on guys! Grab things with me! We need to get out of here!” Junsu yelled as Changmin and Yoochun ran into the room with the rest of the group. Everyone started grabbing things while Changmin and Yoochun grabbed Yunho and wrapped him up in his blankets. Carrying him out of the room they beckoned the others to follow. Like a line of ants all the Shifters left the room and walked down corridor after corridor. After ten minutes they came upon a room with stone doors and iron reinforcements. Junsu placed his hand on the doors and pushed them open. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief when they saw Jaejoong and Lay sitting at the next, mixing herbs and preparing all things needed to heal Yunho. All the boys filed into the dimly lit room. Changmin and Yoochun laid Yunho down on a pile of blankets and held his hands as he had another coughing fit. Junsu and Kris sat together at the door each pulling up a sheet of earth to further reinforce the doors. Kris could feel his powers growing stronger from the older man’s presence. It was easier to summon each element than it had been before.

“Junsu, you have the doors right? When Lay starts healing, he can’t be interrupted, it’s fatal if he loses concentration,” Jaejoong said.

“Yeah, we got it! Just move to the back of the room. Yoochun can you move your soldiers out there?” Junsu said.

“Yeah, I’m on it! Are any of you Vessels?” Yoochun asked the rest of the boys. Suga stepped forward and timidly raised his hand.

“I am, sir,” he said quietly.

“That’s great! You’re going to be a great help to me!” Yoochun said, excitedly clapping a hand on his shoulder. Suga looked around and seemed extremely nervous.

“Well you see, sir, I..I haven’t really…um…well you see…I haven’t exactly been able to practice…it…it developed…on…on the way…um…here…sir,” Suga said, tripping over his words. Yoochun laughed at the boy’s nervousness.

“Don’t worry about that! Now is the perfect time to practice! Let’s go. I’ll teach you what I can before we have to go into combat,” Yoochun said, chuckling. Suga followed him over to the doors and sat next to Junsu with Yoochun on the other side of him. Suga looked over to Yoochun, his eyes asking a million questions.

“Yoochun, hurry and teach him, I can only keep the wall up for a few more minutes,” Junsu said.

“Alright, alright! Now...eh…” Yoochun trailed off, trying to remember the boy’s name.

“Suga,” he said.

“Right! Now Suga, I want you to close your eyes and feel for anything that could possibly feel like a human body. There are metal soldiers all over the palace and we can control them if we can find them. Take deep breaths and search for one,” Yoochun said. Suga did as he was told and search for one, trying to take over its body and have it move to his will. He was focusing really hard when he felt a finger twitch in response. Gasping, he opened his eyes and lost focus.

“That’s good! Now this time, try to make it walk, you’re going to be doing combat and it’s better if the Normies can’t make it this far,” Yoochun said. Once again Suga closed his eyes. Taking a deep breath through his nose he imagined himself as the suit. He saw it moving with his body and saw, in his mind exactly what he wanted it to do. Soon the suit was running back and forth along the corridor. Next to him he heard Yoochun chuckle.

“Ready for some combat practice?” Yoochun said, his voice turning dark with amusement. Out of nowhere a second suit appeared and slammed his into the wall. Suga focused on keeping the suit on its feet and started to block Yoochun’s other attacks. Yoochun sent a fist towards Suga, trying to get the boy off balance and while Suga was blocking sent his leg out for his feet. Suga jumped and sent a fist flying towards Yoochun’s face. Yoochun ducked before turning to kick Suga in the ribs. It hit Suga dead on leaving a dent in the boy’s suit and sending him flying into the back wall. When he hit the suit shattered and Suga lost focus, going back into his own mind. His eyes flew open and his hand flew to his ribs.

“D-did that just happen?” Suga said, still not comprehending that he could be so strong.

“Yes, and it’ll do for some little Normies, ready to get out there and mess with them?” Yoochun said with a smug grin.

“Yeah, let’s go!” Suga said. He couldn’t explain his sudden comfort around the man but he felt completely safe and trusting.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, Lay was leaning over a dying Yunho, trying to force feed the ball of herbs to the man. Jaejoong came over and saw Lay’s struggles before chuckling and bending down to whisper in Yunho’s ear. Almost as soon and Jaejoong sat up, Lay was able to pop the concoction into the man’s mouth and get him to chew it. Once he was satisfied with the amount it had been chewed, he placed his hands over Yunho’s heart. He closed his eyes and focused all of his energy into his hands. He felt a small response as the man’s heart started to beat faster, getting stronger by the second. Jaejoong watched as the color returned to Yunho’s cheeks and smiled brightly.

Yunho’s eyes opened slowly and he coughed, sitting up and trying to take in what was happening. He felt hands on his chest and looked to see a young boy with his eyes closed. Yunho cleared his throat and saw the boy jump out of his skin.

“Your Highness! I’m so glad you’ve woken!” Lay yelled in surprise. Yunho brushed Lay’s hands off of his chest and looked around again, this time standing and walking next to Jaejoong.

“What’s happening? I thought all the people had left the city?” Yunho said, seeing the room full of his people.

“They’re all that’s left of the Shifters, you should thank them for being here, you would’ve died without that healer y’know,” Jaejoong said. Yunho whipped around and looked at Lay who was staring at his hands in awe, still not unbelieving in his own power.

“You! Boy! Healer! Who are you? What’s your name?” Yunho questioned, his voice hard and stern.

“I-I’m Lay, of th-the E-EXO clan, Yo-Your Hi-Highness,” Lay stuttered, sure the man was going to kill him for touching him so comfortably.

“Is that so? Well, Lay of the EXO clan, I’m very glad to meet you and I would like to thank you for my life! You’ve been a great asset to the kingdom and I’d be glad to hire you as the Royal Healer once all this nonsense is over,” Yunho said, his voice turning soft and fatherly. His eyes softened and he smiled at the boy. Lay looked up and nodded, having lost his voice. Yunho chuckled and leaned down to lift the boy to his feet. He dragged him over to the rest of the members and watched as they all bowed in greeting.

“Your Highness, I’m so glad to be able to meet you, it is an honor to be in your presence,” Suho said, raising to his feet but leaving his head bowed.

“It is my pleasure to be able to meet such loyal subjects,” Yunho said with a smile on his face,“ Now! From what I’m hearing outside, there seems to be quite a fight going on! Do any of you have any combat training whatsoever?”

“I believe we all do, I can only speak for my clan though. We have been training since the first of us Shifted,” Suho said.

“BTS has some training, but not all of us have our powers or our forms,” RapMon said.

“BAP has all members trained somewhat,” Yongguk said.

“That’s good, send the members that can shift to me and the ones who can fight with Changmin, we can get a crash course in before they reach the door. Once they reach the door, we’ll be forced to fight if we want to get out. I won’t abandon my people again,” Yunho said.

The members split up into two groups and went with the two older men. Changmin looked at the five members that had followed him. He turned around and fixed them with one of his glares and saw their knees turn to jelly.

“This, this RIGHT HERE, cannot scare you! You CAN’T let it scare you. If you’re scared by a stupid glare then how the hell do you expect yourselves to fight? Huh?” Changmin barked, his glare intensifying. One of the boys suddenly glared back and stepped forward.

“Are you calling us weak?” he asked, the anger evident in his voice.

“What if I am, boy?” Changmin said back stepping forward to meet this boy. They were now face to face.

“Then I think we need to prove you wrong,” the boy said once again, his voice eerily calm. If Changmin didn’t know any better, he would be scared of him. Smirking, he took a step back.

“What’s your name?” Changmin asked. He liked this one, he was spunky.

“Jungkook,” the boy answered, he was still upset with the man for calling him and his hyungs weak, he was determined to prove him wrong.

“Great! You’ll go first!” Changmin suddenly flung a fist out towards Jungkook, who stepped back and leaned slightly to the side, allowing Changmin’s fist to whiz past his face. He reached up and grabbed Changmin’s arm, attempting to flip the older man. Changmin’s body was thrown over his shoulder as if he had no weight, but instead of him landing on his back as Jungkook he landed on his feet and turned to kick Jungkook in the ribs, the kick didn’t land though. Jungkook grabbed Changmin’s leg and tried to pull the man off of his feet. While Changmin was off balance Jungkook dropped his shoulder and slammed into him, causing the older man to fall and land on his back. Jungkook snorted.

“So, old man, you still wanna say we’re weak?” Jungkook said, obviously proud that he managed to knock the Elder off of his feet. Changmin stood up and brushed himself off. He smiled at the boy.

“You’re quite good,” Changmin said, “but can I say the same for your little friends?”

“Yes, you can,” Jungkook was once again angered by Changmin’s words. His hyungs weren’t little! How dare Changmin say such a thing, even if he was an Elder. Changmin smirked, seeing that his words had irked the boy. The boy was so quick to anger when it came to his friends, Changmin would keep that in mind for future teasing.

On the other side of the room, Yunho looked at the group in front of him. He saw so many and didn’t know how he could train them all in such a short time. Changmin was busy training the other five who couldn’t fight with their forms, Yoochun was helping that one Vessel boy, and Junsu was busy with another boy holding up the door with another one of the boys. He looked at Jaejoong who smiled and nodded, understanding that his leader needed some help. Jaejoong walked over and stood next to Yunho.

“Hello boys, I’m going to train you to fight in your forms, it will come in handy,” Yunho said. He smiled when he saw that all the boys were nervous around him.

“How many of you have been shifting for at least a year?” Jaejoong asked. Most of the boys raised their hands, except for Kai, Sehun, and Taehyung.

“You guys can go with Jaejoong, he’ll help you get started,” Yunho said. Jaejoong led the three to another part of the room. Yunho watched them leave before turning back to the rest of the group. He stepped forward and pointed at Suho, “You’re the leader, correct?”

“Of my clan, yes sir. I am co-leaders with Kris, the one keep the wall up with Junsu,” Suho said.

“And which clan do you lead?”

“The EXO clan.”

“How many members?”

“Twelve,” Suho was getting nervous from all the questions and the constant attention.

“Very well, you can go first then!” Yunho yelled, his voice becoming loud. Suho jumped and his face paled.

“Yes sir,” he said timidly. Yunho looked at the poor boy. He was shaking like a leaf, but the fear was needed.

“Alright! Now, I want you to clothes your eyes and shift. After you’ve shifted, leave your eyes closed,” Yunho said. Suho did as he was told and awaited the next instructions.

“Good, good! Next, I want you to feel me out, feel my presence, my aura,” Yunho was hiding his scent and slowly moving, silently across the room. For a few moments, Suho only stood still. He smelled a lot of people in the room, but he could smell Yunho. Feel me, don’t try to smell me, feel my presence in the room, you can do it. Find one thing unique to me and sense that, pick it out and focus on it. Yunho’s voice said in his mind. Following his instructions, Suho felt for the weakest heart in the room. He took his first step towards Yunho. Just then the door blasted open, flinging Kris and Junsu across the room like dolls. Both of them hit the back wall and cried out in pain. Suho’s eyes opened to see the other members poised to fight. A scream broke out as RapMon took off his glasses and charged into their ranks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyyyyyyy here's chapter 8. I decided to leave you with a cliffhanger... heh...heh... *hides*... I wonder what's going to happen to Junsu and Kris!! Don't worry...they'll be okay... I hope. I'm so glad to have so many subscribers. When I started this fanfic I only thought I would get one... now I'm at 21 OMG. Thank you guys sooooo much.. you help to inspire me when you comment and subscribe. Love you all <3