The First Cut is the Deepest

PLANET EXO: Legend of the Elders

Junsu gasped as his body slammed into the wall, his head whipping back and smashing so hard that it would’ve killed a normal human. Black spots danced around his vision and his breathing came in gasps. The world slowed down and sounds reached his ears as if they were traveling through jelly, not that he could hear anything over the sound of his heavy breathing. He put his hand up to his head and pulled it away covered in his blood. Junsu just kinda stared at it, dazed and amazed that so much blood could come out of one person. He wondered whose blood it was. Surely it couldn’t be his…right?

Lay was making his way through the Normies in unicorn form, trying his hardest to get to Junsu and Kris. He was kicking like crazy but the Normies came outta nowhere. They just kept multiplying and he couldn’t get through them all. Suddenly, behind him, he heard an extremely loud roar. He looked back to see Suho rushing towards him at crazy speed in his lion form. Lay quickly shifted into human form and jumped onto his back. Suho slashed away at the Normies, their blood splattering the walls and the floors, and continued on to try to get to the two injured members. They were flanked by two metal soldiers suddenly and Lay breathed a sigh of relief and felt extremely safe. The two metal soldiers also started to rip and slash at Normies, completely ripping them limb from limb and tossing their bodies aside as if they were rag dolls. Lay and Suho started to travel faster and faster through the crowd. About ten minutes later, they were by Junsu and Kris’s side.

By the time Lay got there, Kris and Junsu were sitting in a pool of blood. Junsu’s eyes were empty and he looked like he overall just wasn’t there. Kris’s eyes were closed and his head was leaned back on the wall with blood dripping down his face. Lay looked fretfully from one to the other, wondering who to work on first. He knew that Junsu could bring himself back to life, but he didn’t want to offend the Elder. After about twenty seconds of thinking, Lay decided to work on Kris first, knowing that if the boy died, that would be the last of him. There was no reincarnation, no revival powers for Kris. Lay took a deep breath and closed his eyes, focusing all of his Jenshya into his hands and waiting for it to flow through and repair Kris’ broken body. Slowly, he felt the bones moving back into place, snapping and popping as if his body was a big puzzle and Lay was a five year old boy putting the pieces together. Soon, Kris’ body was repaired and ready to go, all they needed to do was wait for Kris to wake up. Suho stood over them along with the two Vessels, protecting Kris, Lay, and Junsu. Lay moved over to Junsu and was about to place his hands on Junsu’s head when suddenly, the Elder jumped up and moved towards him, smashing him into the ground.

“KEEP YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF OF ME YOU FILTHY NORMIE!!!” Junsu screamed in Lay’s face. Lay checked Junsu’s eyes and saw that they were still blank, it was as if he was in some sort of trance, he wasn’t really there mentally. One of the Vessels moved forward and gently pulled Junsu off Lay, allowing the boy to stand up and brush the dust off of his body. Junsu was still thrashing around crazily within the Vessels hold when Yoochun ran over to them. He allowed his Vessel to release Junsu and ran up to hold him.

“Su, Su, it’s me. Relax, c’mon. It’s okay! He’s a healer but you gotta relax, Su,” Yoochun said quietly, trying to calm Junsu down. Junsu heard Yoochun’s voice and slowly started to relax, allowing Lay to come closer. Quietly, Lay placed his head on Junsu’s head. He closed his eyes and allowed them to do their thing. Slowly, he felt the pressure release itself from Junsu’s brain and felt his skull click into place. Junsu’s eyes started to clear and he suddenly realized that he had attacked the younger boy. A wave of guilt spread through Junsu’s body and he gasped.

“Lay! I’m so sorry! I can’t believe I did that! Are you hurt? I’m so sorry!” Junsu said without taking a breath.

“I’m fine, my Lord. Really, it doesn’t hurt that bad. Besides, you weren’t in your right mind, don’t worry about it,” Lay said, smiling politely. Junsu bit his lip and looked at Yoochun, who nodded, confirming Lay’s words. Junsu relaxed at that and looked at the fighting happening around him.

“Do you think we should help with that?” Junsu asked, nodding his head towards the crazy battles, worrying that their members wouldn’t do so well with five of them sitting out.

“I think we should focus on getting out of here so that we can retreat. We need to hurry or we’ll get trapped here for good, and that’s the last thing we need in this state,” Yoochun said. The other four members realized that he was right and started to contemplate a way to escape.

“I could change into dragon form and barrel through them that would create a pathway for you guys to run through. If we had an Elder leading the way, we could throw them off and send some decoys to take other ways,” Kris suggested.

“What if we had Yongguk take a decoy team and split into two?” Suho said.

“That very well may work,” Yoochun said, a hand coming up to his chin and eyebrows knitting together in deep thought. The five sat there devising a way to escape from the Normies, when Yunho walked up to them.

“Chun, what are you guys doing?” he asked, thinking that they were trying to hide.

“Devising a plan, Yun. We’re gonna get outta here,” Yoochun replied. Yunho looked at Yoochun and cocked an eyebrow. He realized that that would get them out of there quicker and save their numbers until they were more prepared. Yunho looked at Yoochun and nodded.

“Alright, fine. But hurry up, if we don’t get outta here soon we’ll be trapped,” Yunho said.

“I think I’ve got it,” Yoochun said. Yunho looked down at his plan and sent out a message via telepathy.

Shifters, get ready to move. Yongguk, you’ll be creating a decoy with B.A.P because of your ability. Jaejoong, you’re going to lead the rest of us out of here in the most confusing route possible, we have to hurry though. As soon as you can, get close to the door, Kris is going to create a diversion but it will only last so long. I believe in you Shifters,” Yunho said.

The Shifters soon put their plan into action and Kris shifted into a dragon. He created two walls of flames, creating a pathway for the other Shifters to run down. Jaejoong and Yongguk ran down the hall, each taking a different path successfully splitting the Normies in half. All the boys kept sprinting along the halls, breath heaving in and out of their sore lungs. Eventually Jaejoong’s group made it outside of castle walls where they waited for BAP to emerge. Soon, rapid footsteps were heard as BAP came running through the back gates.

“You made it!” Suho yelled in complete happiness. He had grown to think of the boys as part of his family and had been pacing back and forth like a worried mother. Sprinting, he tackled Yongguk and held him in a bone crushing hug, tears of relief streaming down his face. Jaejoong cleared his throat.

“Uh…as much as I hate to break up such a happy reunion, I’m afraid we have something very important to discuss,” he said, looking at the boys with a serious smile. Yongguk and Suho released each other and backed away, each smiling and happy to have the other’s presence. Yunho saw this and was reminded of his relationship with Jaejoong, he had done the same thing when the Elders had been separated for the war.

“Jae is right, guys. We have to get to the training grounds, but before any of you enter, you have to take the oath. There is a very strong magic protecting the training grounds from those who wish to betray and harm us. There’s only one problem, with the Normies here, we’re extremely pressed for time. There is the possibility that all of us won’t be able to make it, so you should let your strongest members go last, that way they can stay out and protect us while we do the oath,” Yunho said. The four leaders pressed their lips into a thin line, thinking about who they would have to leave out, and possibly lose.

“We understand, the four of us will sit out and keep our members safe,” Kris said, looking at the faces of all of his precious members.

“You four may not be enough, you won’t be able to have any help from the Elders during the oath, all five are needed to swear each Shifter into the Society,” Junsu said. He was worried about the younger clans and it started to show on his face. The frowns on the four leaders faces deepened and they once again had to think.

“I suppose we shall go by age, the maknaes first and the leaders last,” Suho said, the thought of losing any of s was stabbing his heart and he felt like it was sitting in an ocean of blood and tears. The Elders nodded at him, each understanding his pain. They then took the four maknaes and went to go start the oath. The rest of the members sat and awaited their turns. About an hour later, all of the members except the four leaders were through the oath and in the training grounds. Suddenly, there was a large boom in the distance, the boys looked up to see a building collapse in a cloud of dust and smoke. Suho could barely control his anger. Gritting his teeth and clenching his fists together he took a deep breath through his nose.

“C’mon guys, it’s your turn to take the oath,” Junsu said walking out with Yoochun’s arm wrapped around his shoulders. The four leaders stood up and followed the two into the waiting area. The other three Elders were standing there in traditional robes, awaiting the four leaders to walk in. Yunho smiled at him.

“Please stand in front of one of the other four Elders,” Yunho said, looking very proud. Suho went and stood in front of Jaejoong, RapMon in front of Junsu, Kris in front of Changmin, and Yongguk in front of Yoochun. Each of the four Elders had a chalice in their hands and held it out to each of the members.

“By drinking from this chalice, which holds in it the blood of your ancestors, you are swearing to be loyal to the King, and all people of this kind. If you were to be disloyal or were to betray us in any way, the blood in your veins shall burn like fire and shall forever silence your voice, soul, and mind. If you wish to become a citizen of Alyscum, please drink from the cup now,” Yunho said, his voice ringing with authority. One by one, the four leaders drank from their chalices. All five Elders smiled at them.

“Welcome to the clan,” Jaejoong said quietly, placing the chalice down on a table.

“Thank you for allowing us to become one of your royal subjects, Your Highness,” Suho said, bowing with the other three. Yunho smiled and patted them each on the shoulder.

“Come now, it’s time to start your crash course in being a Shifter,” Yunho said. With that prompt, the nine of them walked out of the room and into the large training arena.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Seeeeee~~ everything's fine...for now.... lol jk jk! Thanks again for reading... I can't believe it! I have so many more subscribers than what I expected, thank you so so so so so so so muchhhhhh <3 <3

Well... until next time~ (waves)