So It Begins

PLANET EXO: Legend of the Elders

FOUR MONTHS LATER

(Yay! Another time skip!)

The past four months had been filled with extreme training, only stopping to eat, drink, sleep, and relieve themselves. They had split up into smaller groups so that they could easier focus on each of their powers. Each of the five Elders took a smaller group of the younger Shifters and trained them to be able to protect themselves in batter. All Shifter’s powers had manifested and they were all ready to go out and battle.

“Alright, hold your positions. I’m going to open the doors and see if they’re still guarding. If they are, be ready to fight. We have to get out of the city and get to Europe as fast as we possibly can,” Yunho said.

“Will we be able to find the pieces in time?” Suho asked, chewing on his lip, nervous and excited at the same time.

“I’m not sure, I really hope so though,” Yunho said in a grave tone.

“We’re going for the pieces!?!” Jaejoong exclaimed, appalled at the idea of their king putting the other boys in so much danger.

“What are the pieces?” Kai asked.

“Questions later, now we must go, before they have the chance to increase their numbers even more, I’m sure by now we’re on the most wanted list,” Yunho said. He crept up to the door of the arena and cracked it open. Peeking out he looked left and right. Seeing no one there he opened the door a little bit more, that’s when the first bullet was sent their way.

“Daehyun!” Yunho yelled. Suddenly he was surrounded in a blue force field. The bullet ricocheted off and into the trees. More bullets showered down on him.

“Your Majesty, I can’t keep this up for much longer!” Daehyun yelled. His Jenshya was draining fast and he could feel his arms start to tremble. Yunho ran back to the door and slammed it shut. The blue force around him started to dissolve and Daehyun collapsed to the floor in an exhausted heap. Yunho walked up and put a hand on his shoulder.

“You did well,” Yunho said, patting a couple times before walking away and motioning for the leaders to follow him.

“Seems that they’re hiding,” Rapmon said. Yunho grunted in reply, his tongue in his cheek.

“We could send out an invisible scout, if there’s no stress on Jimin his Jenshya should last longer right?” Suho said.

“Besides, he’s had his powers longer than Daehyun, his Jenshya will have built up more,” Kris said.

“That is true, but we’d have to send out someone who’s fast, someone who can easily get behind enemy lines and back within…oh…I’d give him twenty minutes,” Yunho said.

“What about Luhan?” Suho said.

“Yeah, he’s really fast. To the point where you have a hard time following him sometimes,” Yongguk said.

“And he’s quiet when he runs,” Kris said.

“Luhan it is then,” Yunho said. The five males walked over to him and sat down.

“So, LuLu…what would you say to running behind enemy lines as a scout?” Suho asked.

“I’d be honored, hyung, but what if I get caught, surely they’ll be able to see me right?” Luhan said.

“Jimin will cover that,” RapMon said, walking over with the younger boy in tow.

“Sounds fun!” Jimin said, a grin spreading across his face.

“Let’s do it,” Luhan said, standing up and high fiving Jimin. Yunho walked to the door with the younger boys.

“Alright Luhan, here’s the plan, I want you to go over and scout numbers, we need to know how many people they have and where they’re hidden, do you understand?” Yunho said. Luhan nodded and looked at Yunho, his eyes filled with the flame of determination. Jimin looked at Yunho who looked back and nodded. Luhan disappeared from sight. Yunho opened the door just enough to let Luhan out and waited for the boy to give him the signal.

“I’m out,” Luhan whispered. Yunho quickly shut the door and waited.

Luhan ran over to the bushes where he saw the first man. He was talking into a walkie talkie.

“The door just opened and closed, be ready to attack again soon,” the man said.

“Copy that, we’re reloading bullets now,” the walkie talkie replied. Luhan started running around the rest of the forest, searching for more Normies.  He soon had finished his rounds before running back to the door and rapping on it three times. Yunho opened the door and allowed Luhan to walk through.

“How many are there?” Yunho asked.

“I’d say around 30 or 40 men in the bushes,” Luhan said. Yunho pursed his lips and knit his eyebrows together.

“That’s a lot more than expected…we’ll have to use all of our members to go against these guys,” Yunho said. The rest of the Shifters looked up at Yunho.

“What do you mean hyung?” Junsu asked.

“We can’t just send out a small group of people to fend off 30-40 Normies, we aren’t strong enough yet, and we HAVE to get to the pieces. We can’t do that if we don’t have any members left,” Yunho said. Jaejoong gave Yunho a stern look.

“We can’t endanger them too much, we need them. Besides, they’re too young, don’t you dare let any of them go,” Jaejoong glared, hands on his hips.

“Boojae, we’re at war, there’s no time for your Mother Hen side to be coming out, I will do my best to protect them, but I’m not a god, just a king,” Yunho said. The other boys looked at each other and bit their lips in worry. Junsu noticed this and smiled.

“Don’t worry guys, we’ll be fine! Jae is just letting his umma side out again,” Junsu said, laughing and smiling. He didn’t like to see all the younger members so worried and he felt like he needed to comfort them.

“I have an umma side?” Jaejoong said dangerously. His eyes shrank into a glare.

“Yep,” Changmin said shortly.

“Well then, Umma knows best,” Jae said.

“Of course BooJae,” Yunho said, biting back laughter. Kris cleared his throat.

“Are we gonna get going soon? The longer we sit here and talk the more time the Normies have to prepare themselves,” he said. Yunho’s face turned serious again.

“You’re right, let’s go,” he said, opening the door and allowing all the members to leave the stadium. As soon as they were out, the gunfire started. A large blue force field spread out across the Shifers and the bullets ricocheted off. The boys continued running.

Junsu ran forward not paying attention to where he was going, just watching the bushes. Suddenly, there was a click. Junsu stopped and looked down. He had stepped directly on a land mine.

“HYUNG!” Zelo screamed, running towards him.

“No! Stop there and don’t come any closer! Clear the area! I’ll be okay, promise you’ll find me!” Junsu said.

“I—what do you mean, hyung?” Zelo said, tears streaming down his face.

“Just do it! We don’t have time! You need to get away, quickly!” Junsu said.

“I promise!” Zelo sobbed out while running away from him.

Junsu closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Slowly, he lifted his foot off of the land mine. There was a couple seconds of rapid beeping before Junsu felt his skin melting off of his body. The excruciating pain took over his mind and he couldn’t think anymore. He felt each particle of his body being ripped apart bit by bit. Suddenly, there was clarity. Junsu’s mind focused again and he was able to do what he had planned. He slowly turned into a statue and went up in a beam of bright light, his body splitting into five pieces as he went farther up the beam. When his body finished separating, the piece scattered to the corners of the Earth, waiting for little Zelo to keep his promise. When the pieces finished scattering, a little ball fell out of the beam. It had lines and random markings all over it. Zelo ran through the gunfire and went to pick it up, holding the ball to his chest.

“We will find you, hyung,” he whispered, before being pulled out through the tunnel by Yongguk. When all the boys were through, the flying Shifters quickly shifted and allowed the walking Shifters to climb on before taking off to go deeper into the forest. As they were flying, Zelo heard Yunho’s voice in his mind.

What happened?” Yunho asked.

He died, but told me to find him…and…and…his body split into pieces…..and and and—“ Zelo started to cry once again.

He didn’t die. Those five pieces are his soul, he split his soul and hid it in different places around the world, just like his patron god once had to do, all we need to do is find and reassemble the pieces, it will be okay so long as none of the pieces are harmed in the process. What is that little ball though?”

“I think it’s a map”

“Good, you’re in charge of it. Take good care of it young one,” Yunho said.

Soon, they had landed and inventory was taken. Yunho walked down the line of boys with the other three Elders. When Zelo looked up, he could see the tears in Yoochun’s eyes, Jaejoong looked tired, and Changmin had a straight face on.

“Today, in the battle, we lost a great Elder and leader. But he will not be gone for long, we must find the Pieces of Radoh to cement our safety and the peace of world as well as the pieces of Junsu’s soul. I trust in you all!” Yunho his heel and walked into the Elder’s tent. All the other members looked to D.O. who looked back at them.

“What?” he said.

“What’s Radoh?” Jimin asked.

“Yunho’s patron god,” D.O. said simply.

“Oh…and what’s a patron god?” Jungkook asked.

“Each Elder got their powers from a certain god, the god that they got their powers from is their patron god. Yunho’s is Radoh, Jaejoong’s is Lema, Yoochun’s is Deo, Junsu’s is Kanah, and Changmin’s is Mundi,” D.O. said.

“Oh…” the group said all together. They all stood there silently for a few minutes before Kris cleared his throat.

“Alright guys, let’s go and rest up. We have a long journey ahead of us!”

With that, all the members made their way to their tents and went to bed, their minds full of the future.

TO BE CONTINUED

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: THE FIRST INSTALMENT HAS COME TO A CLOSE! WOOHOO! THANK YOU ALLLLL SOOOO MUCH FOR READING TO THE END AND MAKE SURE YOU LOOK FOR THE SEQUEL! I also am going to do the spinoff oneshot thing as soon as I can! Stay tuned for the next stories! I'll make sure to post here when it's done! I love you all!