The Search Begins

PLANET EXO: Legend of the Elders

The boys continued to search in the basement, hoping to find the map they needed. Kyungsoo looked up at the time, 12:40am.

“Youngjae-ah, go to bed. It’s really late,” D.O said.

“No hyung. This is one of the only things I can really do in this war, I don’t have super cool powers like the rest of them,” Youngjae said, looking down.

“Your powers are awesome! What are you talking about? I only have the stupid power of knowledge,” D.O said.

“Knowledge isn’t stupid. You can help them all the time, I can’t even say when my powers work. They only work when they want to. I don’t choose. Ever. You can choose whether or not you want to gain knowledge, you can choose whether to use it or not. With me, I can’t even save it, I can’t wait until a good time,” Youngjae said, tears rolling down his cheeks.

“Youngjae, even though you can’t control it, it’s much more useful than just having knowledge. You can give us a warning, do you know how many lives your powers could save? It may not be controllable but it’s still better than only being able to use words,” D.O said, searching another pile of papers.

“Hyung?” Youngjae said, suddenly changing the topic.

“Yeah?” D.O answered.

“What’s the map look like?” Youngjae said.

“The city looks like a big squiggly blob,” D.O said.

“Like this?” Youngjae asked, holding up a yellow piece of parchment. D.O peered at the paper.

“Yeah! That’s it!,” D.O exclaimed. He took the paper and looked around at all the different gates.

Back when it was in its prime, the city was a beautiful place. It had five gates, each one symbolizing one of the five divine animals. One was at the North, East, South, West, and one central gate that was in the middle of a city. Only Shifters could enter through the central gate, as it let them into the most vulnerable part of the city. All the important buildings were there, the marble shrines, the large, elaborate church, the Elders palace, everything. The shrines were each decorated to one of the Gods, the Cougar, Griffin, Bat, Centaur, and Crow. The palace was plated in gold and had elaborate gardens. The church stood tall, and had spires that seemed to reach the skies. Even when it stormed the city was beautiful. D.O could only imagine what it looked like now, all old and depleted of anything that had any value. He bet it still looked beautiful. If the Elders were there, they probably kept it up quite well. He wondered if Yongguk could see the city after looking at the map. Maybe he could look and see if it was still as wonderful as it used to be. He took the map and walked up the stairs to the living room. He figured they could use the center gate if they could find the old way in. That would be the hard part.

“Yongguk hyung?” D.O called, looking at the eerily quiet house. He walked up the stairs and heard voices. It was the same voice he had heard the day they had moved out of the house. He ran back down the stairs and pulled Youngjae over to a corner and hid behind the boxes. Pressing a finger to his lips, he motioned for Youngjae to be quiet and not make a sound. He listened to the footsteps, slowly walking up above them. Youngjae was shivering with fear and could barely hold back his tears. Both of them stayed absolutely silent waiting to be caught. When the boys heard the front door close, they slowly came out from behind their hiding place. D.O told Youngjae to stay downstairs and not come up until he had told him it was safe. He walked up and looked for s opening each room one by one, hoping that s were still safe. When he saw no members in the rooms, he lost hope. Thinking that he and Youngjae were the only two left, he went back to the basement, his cheeks wet with tears. Youngjae walked up to him and gave him a look.
 

“Hyung?” Youngjae said, hoping that he was crying from happiness.

“I can’t find them Youngjae, they aren’t here,” D.O replied, not seeing the boy that was coming up behind them.

“Hyung? Why are you crying? You walked right past us. Didn’t you see us?” Kai said, tapping his hyung’s shoulder to get his attention. D.O whipped around and embraced the younger boy in a tight hug.

“You weren’t there,” D.O said.

“We all were, come upstairs,” Kai said. He was confused as to why nobody had seen them. The three boys went upstairs to talk to the other member.

“Are you okay D.O?” Suho said.

“Yeah, I just couldn’t see you. I thought they had taken you away,” he said, more tears streaming down his cheeks. All the members looked at each other. None of them knew why they couldn’t see each other. Jimin cleared his throat.

“Guys, I have something to tell you guys,” he said. All the members eyes turned to him with curious eyes.

“What is it Jimin?” RapMon said.

“I think it was me who made everyone invisible,” he said, “It felt really weird and I was scared that they would take you away.”

“So then, your powers manifested?” Yongguk asked.

“Yeah, I guess so,” Jimin replied. It was then that D.O remembered the map.

“I found the map!” He exclaimed.

“That’s good, because I think we need to leave. We can’t stay in one area for too long. This is the second time they’ve found us and it’s starting to worry me,” Suho said.

“I think it’s a good idea for us to leave, now,” Kris said. Everyone went to pack their things. One by one members came down with their bags. Yongguk looked at Himchan. He had about seven bags.

“Himchan-ah,” He said, a sad tone in his voice.

“I need them all, hyung. Please?” Himchan replied.

“There’s twenty-five of us, Himchan. Only two. No more.” Yongguk replied, knowing that the younger man wouldn’t take it well. Himchan gave him a look of sheer heartbreak and looked through his bags picking out the things he really needed and compiling them into the two suitcases that he was allowed. All the boys went out the door and started on the journey that would decide their futures. Suho, Lay, and Jongup all changed forms and took as many bags as they could on their backs. That left about ten bags for the other members to carry. They went to the nearest woods and set up camp for the night. Chanyeol and D.O changed into their forms and scouted the skies, while Luhan and RapMon went to scout the area around camp. Once the members had scouted and set up camp, the four leaders had a meeting in Yongguk’s tent.

“Where should we start?” Suho said.

“We need to find out from D.O where the Ancient Lands were,” RapMon said.

“I talked to them earlier, he said that they were somewhere on modern day Argentina,” Kris replied.

“So, we’re going to go to Argentina?” Yongguk said.

“I guess so,” Suho replied.

“What about plane fares though?” Yongguk asked, worrying about how much it would cost to fly twenty-five people to Argentina.

“Well, D.O, Sehun, Chanyeol, and I can fly, and I can take a few people on my back,” Kris said.

“I can fly too, but wouldn’t it attract attention if a dragon was flying across the sky with a bunch of people on it’s back?” Yongguk asked.

“Not if he has Jimin,” RapMon said.

“So how many people do you think you can take?” Suho said.

“I could probably take all the smaller animals, like Chen, Xiumin, and Kai,” Kris said.

“Youngjae is a cat and Daehyun is a rabbit, so could you take them too?” Yongguk said.

“Yeah. I could probably also take one or two of us in human form,” Kris said.

“How many of us is that?” Yongguk said. Suho started to count on his fingers.

“There’s 10 so far but we don’t know which human’s I’m going to take, besides Jimin,” Kris said.

“I would say take RapMon and--” Suho started.

“Take Himchan, he needs to be taken in a way where he’ll feel safe,” Yongguk said.

“Alright, I guess I’ll take three,” Kris said. The meeting ended and the leaders dispersed to go inform the other members of their plans.

“Another thing that might be a good idea, is to split into groups,” RapMon said.

“Would we just split back into our families?” Xiumin asked.

“No, we’re going to split four groups, that were chosen at random,” Suho said.

“These groups don’t reflect how we’re going to travel though, some of the smaller people will be riding on Kris’s back, to cut the flight costs,” Yongguk said.

“Who’s going?” Sehun asked.

“The people on my back will be: Jimin, Chen, Xiumin, Kai, Youngjae, Daehyun, RapMon, and Himchan,” Kris said.

“The people who can fly should fly on their own. Chanyeol, try to stay concealed in the clouds if you can, we don’t want to freak out any people,” Yongguk said.

“Any people who are left are going to be on the plane with me,” Suho said.

“When we get to our destination, we’ll meet up in the nearest woods,” RapMon said.

“Please be careful not to get caught, I want no accidents, and I’d really prefer if we had all our members with us, we have a very large place to search,” Suho said. They split into their three groups and started to take down camp. Suho and his group went to the airport, the people who could fly shifted and started to fly, and Kris’s group waited for him to shift before shifting and crawling onto his back.

-----------------------29 HOURS 10 MINUTES LATER (BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA)----------------------

Suho and his group stepped off the plane and made their way to the nearest forest. Looking around the forestation he saw a group of boys sitting around a fire. They all seemed to be centered around D.O, who had his map open.

“—go in about here, the centaur gate, we should be able to get to the Gods Palace, which is probably where they would stay. The only problem is actually finding the gate entrance, if it still exists, there’s a possibility that it’s not even their anymore,” D.O was saying. RapMon looked up and saw the group walking towards them.

“How was the flight?” he called. Taehyung glared at him. The group looked completely dishelved and upset. The others could only imagine how much they had to deal with on that flight. Most of the boys went into their tents and collapsed.

 The next morning was hell. They got up that day and split into more groups. D.O dictated where to search and the boys left for the day, hoping to find any of the entrances.

Twelve boys crashing through a forest isn’t exactly quiet, and it wasn’t a surprise when Kris’s group suddenly had to dive into some bushes. A man in a black suit had passed and they were sure that he was searching for them. The man passed right in front of the bushes and paused, as if he had heard something. Lay and Baekhyun were clinging to each other, shaking with fear, waiting for him to catch them. Sehun and Suga were tensed up and ready to sprint if they needed to. Kris was about to make a distraction. Jongup looked like he was focusing on something.

“He doesn’t know we’re here guys, but he suspects we’re close,” Jongup said.

“How do you know that?” Lay whispered.

“I can see his thoughts,” Jongup replied before the two were shushed by Kris. The man continued to move around the bushes for a few minutes before he walked away. The 6 boys got up and started to go back to the camp when Suga tripped on something sticking out of the ground. Kris went to help him up before he realized what it was. Sticking out of the dirt was a brownish rock, but the rock was a small pyramid, and all four sides were completely smooth.

“We should go find D.O,” Sehun said.

“Which group is he in? We can go to that area and grab him,” Jongup said.

“He’s in Suho’s group, c’mon,” Kris said. All of them ran to go find D.O and tell him of their discovery.

About twenty minutes later, the two groups were around the weird rock. D.O leaned down and inspected it.

“I think you guys found the Centaur Gate,” D.O said.

“We’re gonna have to dig it up?” Himchan said.

“Not dig up the whole thing, but we are going to have to dig our way in, the gate itself is a tunnel, not an open road, so once we get to the entrance we should be able to get in without too much of a problem,” D.O said.

“Guess I’m buying shovels,” Suho said.

The next day, excavation began. All twenty-five boys were working. Some were shoveling, some were taking dirt away, and some were working on keeping the boys well hydrated and well fed. They had the entrance uncovered within the day. The boys were shivering in anticipation, waiting for the door to be opened. Kris, Jongup, Kai, and Tao grasped the door and pulled. The rock slowly released itself and started to roll, and the boys found themselves peering into a dark tunnel.

------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! I feel like this is really rushed, but I really didn't know a better way to get it up to this point. I think it's really going to start getting interesting from here, and I know exactly how I want it to go. Thanks again for reading my fic ^-^