Legend of the Elders

PLANET EXO: Legend of the Elders

D.O was sitting at his desk, looking through his books, trying to find anything about the Legend of the Elders. He had been up all night serching and hadn't found anything. He was starting to lose hope when there was a light knock on his door.

"Who is it?" he called. Youngjae poked his head in through the door.

"May I come in?" He asked.

"Yeah, of course! What's up?" D.O said.

"I have something that I though would be useful," Youngjae said.

"Really? What is it?" D.O said. Youngjae held out a really old book. The cover was red leather and when D.O opened it, it looked like the pages were about to crumble to dust.

"I found this in the basement, it was my father's," Youngjae said. D.O looked up at Youngjae in shock.

"You would let me borrow this?" He said. Touched by the other's actions.

"Of course, you need it for your research, and besides the faster you find it the better it will be, I've been having some visions and--"

"YOU HAVE VISIONS?!?" D.O interupted.

"Yeah, I have the power of precognition," Youngjae said.

"That's so cool! Oh, sorry for interupting, continue," D.O said looking down. Youngjae chuckled.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. Anyway, I've been having some visions and they don't look good, the faster we find the Elders, the better," Youngjae said.

"Okay! I'll make sure to work as fast as I can," D.O said, worrying about 's futures.

'Don't make yourself sick though D.O," Youngjae said.

"I won't," he said giving a thumbs up.

"Oh, and D.O?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think you could read it too me? It's in a foreign language that I don't understand," Youngjae asked. D.O looked back at the book and realized that Youngjae was right. But he couldn't believe his eyes. It was in the Shifters native language. This book shouldn't even exist, they were all destroyed after the war. 

"Youngjae, do you realize what this is?" D.O asked, fanboying over the book and earning a confused look from the other boy.

"No?"

"This book is in the Shifter's native tongue! It shouldn't even exist!" D.O said excited.

"It is!?!" Youngjae said.

"Yeah! Ohmigosh I can't wait to read it!" D.O said, still fanboying over his newfound treasure.

"We should go show the leaders, this is something important I'm guessing. What's the title say?" Youngjae said. D.O looked down at the title and gasped.

"I can't believe it....it's...it's..the Legend of the Elders," D.O said quietly. Youngjae grabbed D.O's arm and pulled him to where the leaders were sitting.

"Wassup boys? And why does D.O have your book Youngjae?" Yongguk asked.

"Tell them what it is D.O," Youngjae said, excited.

"Its...the Legend of the Elders," D.O said.

"I thought it was in a language that no one knew," Yongguk said. skeptical that D.O could have such knowledge.

"This book isn't supposed to exist, it's in out native tongue," D.O said.

"Are you serious?!?" Suho said, excited that they found such an amazing relic.

"Yes," D.O answered quietly.

"Can you read it?" RapMon asked.

"Yes," D.O once again replied.

"Call the boys together, it's story time," Yongguk said, now excited by the discovery. Youngjae ran around the house gathering the various members and having them all meet in the living room. 

"Why are we all here?" Daehyun said, upset that they had interupted his snack.

"You know the book that my father left for me before they died?" Youngjae said.

"Yeah, what about it?" Himchan asked.

"It's written in the native language of the Shifters, and D.O can read it!" Youngjae said.

"That's great and all, but why do we have to be here?" Jungkook asked. They had interupted his nap and he was not a happy teenager at the moment.

"Because it's the Legend of the Elders," D.O said. Everyone was silent and looking at D.O. He wasn't one to speak to people much, he was a shy boy and perferred the company of his books, so when he did, everyone knew it was important.

"Are you going to read it to us?" Kai asked, realizing that his best friend must have felt awkward.

"Yes," D.O replied, quietly.

"That's so cool!" Taehyung exclaimed.

"Wait, so we all get to hear the story too? Not just the hyungs?" Sehun said. 

"Yes," D.O said.

Everybody shared excited words and marvelled at the fact that it wasn't being kept a secret like all the rest of the things about this war. They were finally going to learn about their history, and most of them couldn't wait.

"Should I start now?" D.O said, but his words were drowned out by the noise of the excited boys. He shifted his weight around and waited for everyone to be quiet, looking very uncomfortable. Kai noticed this and took action.

"Guys! I think we should listen to D.O now!" Kai shouted. D.O looked at him, grateful for his support. He opened the book and looked at the first page.

"When the Ancient Lands were new, and the great animals of the Gods roamed free, there lived five boys. Their clan was DBSK. These five boys, were very special boys. They were orphans, and best friends, but that's not what made them special. The Gods had bestowed upon--" D.O began.

"Hyung, what's bestowed?" Zelo asked, interupting the story.

"Gave," D.O said.

"Oh. Okay, continue please," he said smiling.

"The Gods had bestowed upon them two special abilities. These two special abilities, were the ability to change their shape and different powers. Each one of these boys could take on the shape of one of the divine animals. They could take on the forms of the Cougar, Griffin, Bat, Centaur, and Crow. From these five boys stemmed the race known as Shifters."

"So wait, does that make us all related?" Jimin asked.

"Very, very, very distantly. This was a really long time ago, so it doesn't matter cuz it's been watered down enough for us not to be considered relatives," D.O explained.

"Oh," Jimin repled.

"Can we please stop interupting?" Yongguk said, annoyed that he couldn't hear the full story without some little voice coming in and asking a question.

"They lived a pleasant life, one where they used their powers to help the Normals. They were renound for their politness, and everybody loved them. That is until a plague hit the Normals. The plague of stupidity. People started calling it witchcraft, they started to hunt the five boys and all thier children, forcing them all to go into hiding. Soon enough, the witchcraft craze went away, and the Shifters were once again able to roam the Earth. They roamed happily for years, until the the 1000 year war," D.O said.

"The 1000 Year War is the war that ended 100 years ago right?" Jongup asked.

"That's correct," D.O answered.

"What happens next?" Jungkook said, completely enthralled by the story of his ancestors.

"When the 1000 year war hit, DBSK was forced back into hiding. It says here that they went back to the Ancient Lands, but that wouldn't be possible," D.O said, puzzled.

"Why not?" Kris asked.

"The Ancient Lands fell at least 2000 years before the 1000 Year War," D.O said.

"Is there any way they could have gotten inside? A secret enterance, maybe a tunnel?" Suho said.

"It is possible, but I haven't seen the plans or a map of the city before, I'd have to look and see if there were any possible areas that could support that type of enterance," D.O said. Suddenly, there was a loud cry from the middle of the room. All the heads turned toward that cry, ready to shift and fight if they had to. What they saw brought them all laughter. Sitting in the middle of the room, right where Taehyung had been sitting, was a little brown monkey.

"Taehyung?" RapMon said. The monkey let out a loud screech and sounded terrified.

"It's okay Taehyung-ah, you just shifted into your animal form. Everything will be fine. Just calm down and focus on turning human again," Suho said, using his powers to lace his words with calm emotions. The poor boy was practically dying of fear. Taehyung put all his focus onto calming himself and suddenly switched back to his human form.

"You did it!" RapMon exclaimed, excited that someone else had showed their animal form. There was a bunch of hype for Taehyung but everything soon died down. Everyone went back to their business and training. D.O went to go find maps with Youngjae in the basement.

"Do you think we'll be able to find them, hyung?" Youngjae asked.

"I'm not sure, but if we try, I'm sure it's going to take a lot of work. We have so much to do to find them and I don't know if we'll be able to get it done before the war breaks loose," D.O replied. Both boys continued to search, hoping that they would have enough time to find the Elders they so desperately needed.

-------------------------

A/N: Hello all~~! I'm back with another chapter. Sorry, this one is really bad. Thank you once again for reading. I really hope the story is going well. I'm sorry for any grammar or spelling errors in this story. Heh, anyhoo. I'm out for the night. Hoping to post again soon, but school is starting so I might not have enough time, sorry and love you all~!