The Door

PLANET EXO: Legend of the Elders

The boys looked deeper into the tunnel and realized that they had no way of seeing. They had forgotten to pack or buy flashlights. One by one, they started to turn around, thinking that their journey had been in vain. Nobody expected the bright flash of white light that seemed to appear out of nowhere, painting the walls of the tunnel. Searching for the source they came to the realization that it was Baekhyun, his hands bright and emmiting the peculiar light. He seemed to be upset though, like he disliked allowing people to see his hands, as he looked to the side, biting his lip and fighting the urge to hide his hands and erase the light. 

 

"Baekhyun can create light?!?" RapMon exclaimed, clearly shocked and relieved.

 

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it didn't I?" D.O. said, pursing his lips. Honestly, he hadn't "forgotten", he had left it out on purpose. He knew of his best friends discomfort and didn't want to draw any unwanted attention to him from the others in the group. He felt like it wasn't his place, especially with all the bad memories that came along with his friend's power. He remembered Baekhyun shedding tears as he told him of how he ended up being abandoned by his original adoptive parents because of his hands. He was an early bloomer, and it had taken its toll on him. 

 

Baekhyun continued to stand there, the awkwardness appearant on his face and in his body actions. He shifted from foot to foot and wouldn't meet anyone's eyes. Everyone continued to chatter about his power until Yongguk looked up and noticed the poor boys actions. 

 

"Shall we go in?" Yongguk said, motioning for Baekhyun and D.O. to lead the way. The two boys took the lead and started down the tunnel. They had been best friends since a young age, seeing as both of them had similar pasts.

 

-FLASHBACK- 

 

Baekhyun and D.O. had been friends since they came into Exo. They both came in around the same time, and had clicked almost immediatly while they kept distant from other members in the group. Both were orphaned boys, who had been placed in the same type of orphanages. They were dark, dirty, and the people who were supposed to be raising the boys were rude and uncaring. Food was scarce and when they did get to eat, it was usually stale bread with some watered down chicken broth or some sort of watered down lettice soup. They had grown up to be cold and scared and tended to keep as far away from people as possible. When Baekhyun first arrived at the Exo house, he wouldn't let anyone touch him. He stayed in the corners of the rooms and kept himself secluded, where no one could hurt him. D.O. arrived about four months later and acted with the same type of behavior. By this time, Baekhyun had started to seclude himself less and was talking with the members. He noticed the way D.O. was acting and approached the boy. Both were 8 at the time.

 

"Hello," Baekhyun said simply. D.O. raised scared eyes to the boy and started to tremble.

 

"H-h-hi," D.O. forced out, afraid that if he didn't he would be hit, just like he was at the orphanage.

 

"I'm Baekhyun, I know that you're scared. I was too. These people are really nice though. The hyungs won't be like those other people," Baekhyun said, knowing that it would be hard for the boy to open up if someone didn't approach him first. D.O. burst into tears, sinking to his knees and apologizing over and over, afraid of the reprimands that were sure to come. He was surprised to find that arms wrapped around his small frame and pulled him closer, instead of reaching over and slapping him. After that moment, both boys knew that they needed each other. They talked everyday after that and had been attached at the hip. They helped heal each other and allowed themselves to be healed by the other. 

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

Together, they led the group through the interacate, twisting maze that were the tunnels. D.O. looked around the walls, seeing different pictures and writing. He saw the history of his people, right here on these walls. He vowed to come back and put them in a book. The walls were painted with a variety of colors and it was dazzling. There were pictures of the lands that once surrounded their city, pictures of people in markets, carrying baskets of fruit and other produce. There was also a painting of the beautiful building that had once been the Elders' palace. The ceiling was painted like a sky, with clouds and birds along with other animals that could fly. The most dazzling picture of all though, was on the door to the city. On it, there were five men painted. They were the most handsome people any of the boys had seen in their lives. 

 

D.O. walked up to the door and tried to pull it open, only to find that it was locked. He sighed, upset that it would be fairly hard to get into the city, and read the inscription on the door. The studied the foreign symbols and frowned at the door. The door looked normal and the inscription said to pull on the handle as hard as one could, so he tried again. Once again the door remained locked. The four leaders walked up and gave D.O. a worried look. The boy looked like he was about to burst into tears and he was shaking violently. D.O. was angry. He was upset that they had come all this way to be stopped by some stupid door all becuase he couldn't figure out how to open the thing. He kicked the door in anger, only getting more upset when a chip of the paint came off. 

 

"D.O, calm down and tell me what's up," Suho said, seriously worrying about the usually calm boy, who now had tears streaming down his cheeks.

 

"Calm down? HOW CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN WE CAME ALL THIS WAY! ONLY TO BE STOPPED BY SOME STUPID DOOR THAT REFUSES TO OPEN!" D.O. screamed out in frustration. He kicked the door again. Another piece of paint chipped off. D.O. continued to cry in frustration. Kris looked down and realized that there was something underneath all the paint chips. He looked closer and tapped D.O. on the shoulder.

 

"WHAT?!?" the boy screamed at him, annoyed that his angry rant had been disrupted.

 

"Look," Kris said, pointing to the chips in the paint.

 

"I know the paint is chipped, I kicked the wall," D.O. said glaring. Kris fought the urge to yell and kept control over his voice.

 

"Look underneath where you just chipped D.O.," Kris said, urging the younger boy to look closer. D.O leaned in and gasped at what he saw. Underneath the gray background there was a remnant of a letter, something that someone had obviously painted over in the past.

 

“It’s…it’s another inscription? Guys, help me peel the paint away!” D.O. said, frantically waving his arms so that they would understand the urgency of what he was saying. All the other members looked up at D.O and wondered what his problem was. They hadn’t heard what he said, but whatever he was excited about must be important. A few other members came up and looked at D.O.

 

“What’s up, hyung?” Kai asked.

 

“It’s here, the door…this is the door,” D.O. said, still scraping away at the paint. Kai looked at his fingers and saw that they were bleeding.

 

“Hyung, take a break and go see Lay, you’re bleeding,” he said worried.

 

“Hyung’s fine. Don’t worry about it. Hyung has to get this done, there isn’t much time left,” D.O. said, still scratching at the door, not wanting to have the others wait too long. Kai grabbed D.O.’s arm.

 

“Go hyung,” he said firmly, “I’ll do it”

 

“Fine,” D.O. said, walking back to find Lay who was relaxing with Suho. When Lay looked up to see D.O.’s bloody hands he jumped up with a shock and grabbed them.

 

“What happened?!?” Lay yelled, upset by the fact that D.O. didn’t seem to think anything of it. He shrugged.

 

“I had to peel some paint off of a door, it’s worth it if we can get to the Elders though,” D.O. said, he believed that it was totally worth it for him to be in this kind of shape, “Besides, the Normies are catching up, we have to hurry before they find what we did. We don’t want them here with us trapped. The last thing we need is a battle so early in.”

 

“At least let me heal you before you go back,” Lay said, sighing. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. Focusing all of his love into D.O.’s hands he let loose. D.O. watched as the blood stopped and the skin on his fingers started to close and come back together.  He smiled as he realized that Lay truly cared about him. Lay won’t just heal anyone. Lay opened his eyes and saw a smiling D.O. He smiled back and let go of his hands.

 

“Thanks hyung,” D.O. said.

 

“Just make sure to keep yourself healthy. Hyung worries you know,” Lay said before pushing him back towards the front, “Now go! We need you more than ever now.”

 

D.O. walked back to the front of the group and saw the headway that Kai had made. The paint was almost completely gone and a second picture was showing on the door. He could see the five Elders still on the door but this time, there was a new inscription and five purple hexagons. D.O. read the inscription and ran to go find five members that would fit the description.

---------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: It's short...I know... I'm sorry... I've been so busy lately that I've barely been able to write.. I love all of you and I thank you for reading.. I'll have the next part up as soon as possible.. once again.. I love you :)