Chapter 9

With you, it's heaven

Dara went rushing back to their hotel room.

She was so relieved that everything she thought had happened was just a nightmare. She couldn't imagine that she would feel so scared and lost knowing that she lost Chaerin.

She took a cold shower to release all the tensions and negative emotions that she just felt a while ago.

She is now smiling feeling embarrased, imagining how silly she must have looked like when she was running down the lobby looking for Chaerin.

She is wrapping herself in the bathrobe provided by the hotel when she realized something

"Oh , I don't have extra underwear! " she blurted out smacking her forehead

“What to do? what to do? think Dara think!" she whispered to herself biting her lips

She doesn’t have any clothing because her bag was left in the bus. She was surprised when she walked out of the bathroom, there lay on the bed are clothes and underwear and a note.

“Someone was here" Dara whispered feeling a little bit nervous

She walked to the bed, took the note and read it

 

Dara,

I know you don't have any clothes, so I took the liberty to buy you these.

Come down to the cafeteria and have breakfast. I already ordered your food.

I will just be waiting in the car. I don't want you to lose your appetite if I will join you.

Chaerin

 

Dara look at the clothes and smiles “Chaerin. You really are so sweet. And I am sorry if I have to distance myself just give me sometime"

After dressing up, Dara went down the cafeteria and have breakfast.

She just ate a little because...she keeps thinking about Chaerin.

After eating she went straight to the parking lot and found Chaerin sleeping peacefully at the driver's seat.

She stares at her “how can someone be as beautiful as you?" she whispered as she keeps on staring.

After a few moments, she decided to knock on the window. She keeps on knocking until Chaerin stirred from her sit.

She slowly opened her eyes then quickly unlocks the door when she saw Dara.

Dara went in to the passenger side without saying a word to Chaerin, her face expressionless.

Chaerin’s eyes are just following Dara's every movement, she's hesitating to say something.

When Dara is seated comfortably in her seat " don't forget your seatbelt" Chaerin finally spoke.

Dara fastened her seatbelt without even bothering to look at Chaerin. After her seatbelt is fastened she quickly look outside the window ignoring Chaerin completely

Chaerin just sigh, started the engine then drove away. "Just as I thought. She really looks good in those clothes" Chaerin thought silently glancing at Dara on the mirror." she always looks good in everything she wears though" 

She went back on focusing on the road when Dara caught her glancing. Dara just rolled her eyes

The atmosphere inside the car is filled with awkwardness and silence.

Chaerin is trying very hard to focus on the road, she feels really sad knowing that Dara is mad at her. And the cold treatment Dara is giving is killing her inside.

After hours of driving, Chaerin couldn't take it anymore. "We need to talk." She thought

She clutched on the wheel thinking on how she would start " ahem" she clears

" Dara, can we talk?" she said in a slightly hesitant tone

Dara just glanced at her then look away

Chaerin felt really hurt " please Dara, I am sorry, I really-"

she was cut by Dara " Ms. Lee, please let's not talk about what happened. In fact, it will really be nice if we don't talk at all" Dara said firmly without looking at Chaerin.

Chaerin feels her heart sinking, how she could not even look at me? Does she really hate me that much? Chaerin murmured.

But something deep inside her tells her that Dara must have like what happened to. The fact that she kissed back, she must feel something too. maybe she is just denying it to herself " Chaerin thought trying to lift up her gloomy spirit a little.

“This is not the time to give up Lee Chaerin. You are not a loser. never!" Chaerin keeps cheering herself up silently

Dara is still silent when Chaerin saw a signage pointing to a location of a nearby lake.

An idea came up. "Let us see if you will ignore me after this" She immediately made a right turn going to the direction of the lake.

Dara was surprised of what Chaerin did "Yah, where are you going? This is not the way!" Dara yelled in confusion

“don’t worry we just need to talk and settle things" Chaerin said still focusing on the road

“No! How many times do I have to tell you that I don't wanna talk!" Dara yelled louder

“I know you are just confused of your feelings. I know you feel something towards me. I felt it! I felt it when you kissed me back." Chaerin yelled back

“That’s not true! You are just assuming!" Dara denied

“Oh yeah? If that is so, why can't you look at me? Tell me straight to my face that you didn't feel a thing!" Chaerin said starting to lose patience.

Dara was silent. She doesn’t know how to answer Chaerin

Chaerin then stopped the car when they reached the lake.

The lake is picture of serenity, opposite of what is going on between them right now.

She went out of the car; she walked to Dara's side then opened her door.

Now Dara is becoming even more confused.

“get out, and talk to me" Chaerin ordered Dara

Dara was was surprised of herself when she followed Chaerin's order and got out of the car

 “What do I have to do for you to forgive me? Tell me and I will do it!" Chaerin sounded almost begging

Dara is still silent; she was just staring at the lake blankly. “You don't have to do anything. I just need to figure out myself" she wants to say those but it got stuck in

. “Do you want me to kneel?" Chaerin ask again

" No!" Dara said as Chaerin begins to kneel"please don't do this Chae, you don't have too" 

" Am I frogiven then" Chaerin said while standing up

" I don't know,maybe" Dara said hesitantly

"Maybe?" Chaerin asked unconvinced

"So you are not sure? Alright then, see that lake?" She said pointing to the lake.

" I will jump to that lake wearing only my undies and I will stay in that lake until you forgive me and talk to me again and admit that you felt something with that kiss" she said like a kid wanting something.

“You’re crazy! You know how deep and cold that lake must be?" Dara yelled in disbelief

“Yeah! I am crazy because of you! And you don't know how crazy can I get!" Chaerin yelled back and started walking towards the lake. She is taking off her clothes while walking

Dara stood there dumbfounded. "Oh my gosh she is not bluffing, she really is gonna jump" Dara whispered while following Chaerin

“Yah stop that!” she yelled as Chaerin is about to jump

Chaerin looked at her “Just so you know!” Chaerin yelled to Dara

“I can’t swim” then she jumped

Dara’s heart stopped when she heard what Chaerin said “! She can’t be that stupid, jumping into that lake even though she can’t swim, can she?” She whispered to herself while she scans the spot where Chaerin jumped.

It took a few moments when Chaerin surfaced “He-help! Can’t swim” She shouted as she struggles to stay afloat

Dara began to panic as she saw Chaerin gasping for air “Oh ! She is not joking, she really can’t swim. You moron why did you jump?!” she shouted while removing her clothes like a maniac.

She rushed into the water and quickly searched for Chaerin who is now underwater. She doesn’t care if the water is freezing cold. Lucky for her she is not just an average swimmer.

After a few seconds, she got hold of Chaerin’s now unconscious body. She dragged her body ashore.

All her adrenaline is rushing all over her body as she drags Chaerin’s body on the ground. She checked Chaerins pulse and breathing, she can’t feel anything. She started to perform resuscitation.

“Please wake up! Why do you have to be so stupid Lee Chaerin!” She yelled while pumping Chaerin’s chest

“Come on! Come on wake up!” she cried desperately

After many attempts of mouth to mouth resuscitation, Chaerin is still unconscious.

Dara cried harder. All hopes are slowly escaping her. She hugs Chaerin’s body desperately “Please Chaerin! Please wake up! This is not funny!” Suddenly her nightmare flashes back in her mind

“Please let this be just a nightmare, please wake me up!” She prayed

“ Please Chaerin, don’t die on me now. I forgive you okay, you hear me? I forgive you so wake up!” Dara is shaking Chaerin’s body

“Come on! If you wake up I will tell you what you wanna hear. Truth is I like that kiss. I like the way you kissed me, I like you, even though you are arrogant and cold and stubborn, I like you, I really do so please wake up!” Dara cried desperately.

All her feelings are flowing through her tears. She is so scared of the thought that Chaerin is gonna be dead just like her nightmare, the difference now is that this one that is happening is all for real.

“See? I told you like me too” A faint voice startled Dara

She was so surprised when she saw Chaerin looking at her with a wide smile on her face

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hmmm..aheheheheh...watcha think yeorabun?!!!

 

Comments are appreciated