chapter 19

With you, it's heaven

Cherin cried and cried for, only God knows how long. Her beautiful brown eyes that emanates a crescent moon of happiness is now an epitome of a swollen heart that has been dipped and pounded with so much pain and betrayal.

She has never imagined it would be that painful to finally face the reality that the mother that had left her is just right in front of her a moment ago.

The pain she is feeling right now is more than what she felt the day her mother abandoned her. Everything just came crashing into her mind. The swirl of endless emotion is consuming her deep inside.

No matter how she wants to think clearly she was hopeless.

And it hurts and angers her more that the person, that wonderful person she is in love with, the person that made her beyond happy and loved, is the same person that is the daughter of the man who has caused the misery of being alone of her and her dad. She hates that man so much ever since she was a child.

She saw how miserable her dad became since her mom left them. It took the two of them a very long time to go on with their lives without the pain.

And now that pain is back. It has doubled.

She is still slumping on the ground staring at the car where the love of her life is. A fountain of flowing tears coming from her swollen eyes is unstoppable. She wants to stop crying but she just can’t.

She looked up in the starry night sky trying to stop the tears.

“how can you be this harsh ha?” she shouted

“ just when everything is going fine for me, just when I finally learned how to love sincerely, just when I finally found the way out from the pain I have felt before” she laughed like crazy as tears continue to flow

“ you have no right to do this to us. I know I’m not the best person there is but...please…” she broke down crying hard again.

After an hour or two, Chaerin got up from the ground.

She took one glance up the sky “ you will never hurt me again. I will make them feel the pain I have felt. You’ll see. Punish me all you want but I will make them pay” she whispered with a strong, fierce look in her eyes.

She dusted off the dirt from her pants, wiped her tears and walked towards the car.

Her heart is thumping hard, she is a bit nervous and ashamed. She slowly opened the car door finding Dara fast asleep at the backseat.

She went in the driver’s seat and slowly closed the door as to not wake Dara up.

She reach for Dara’s face, touching it like it was the most precious and fragile thing to hold. “ Gosh, you are so beautiful. How can one person be so beautiful inside and out like you?” She smiled bitterly

“ I’m sorry something like this happened. I don’t blame you my baby, but we are caught up in a war of hearts. And in war there are always casualties. Nobody likes it but that is just the way it is” her eyes are filling up with tear again.

Dara stirred.

Chaerin immediately wiped her tears.

“ hey…” Dara whispered finally waking up.

“ how do you feel?” she asked with eyes full of concern and worry. She got up and sit down.

Chaerin forced a smile. “ I’m okay now. I will be fine eventually”

Dara got out of the backseat and went to sit down at the passenger seat beside Chaerin

She took Chaerin’s hand and squeeze it lightly “ I’m here for you, baby. We’ll get through this, I’m not gonna leave your side. I’m on your side” she said smiling.

She gave Chaerin a quick peck on the lips. Chaerin’s heart felt like her heart is being hammered broken into a million tiny painful pieces .

She hugged Dara tightly “ I’m sorry. Baby I’m sorry” she started crying again.

“ sorry for what baby?” Dara asked. A bit confused why Chaerin is saying sorry. The fact that she should be the one saying sorry to Chaerin coz of what her father did to Chaerin’s family.

Chaerin just stayed quiet and hugged dara tighter.

A few minutes passed and the hug loosen. “ I love you Dara” Chaerin said softly while cupping Dara’s face

“I love you too baby” She answered smiling “nothing will change between us. I need you to promise that Chae” Chaerin just nodded and slowly lowered her head to give Dara a kiss.

A kiss that conveys every ounce of love for her. That one moment their lips touched, a grip of fear flashed before her. Fear of never being able to kiss Dara this way again. But Dara’s response made her forget about the fear for the meantime.The warmth of each other’s lips just burns the passion love boiling deep down inside their heart. It was long, sweet, assuring seal of promise.

Dara was the first to withdraw. “ we need to go home now. It’s almost dawn”

“ yeah. I’ll need to take you back to your Dad” Chaerin smiled while starting the engine.

“ why there?’ Dara asked with a protest

“ You have looked for your dad for a long time baby. It’s just right for you two to be together” Chaerin said squeezing lightly Dara’s hand

“ But bab-“ “ shhhh…” Chaerin interrupted Dara sealing dara’s lips with a kiss

“ no buts okay. I’ll take you there.i’ll just send your things in the morning”

Dara wanted to protest again but she realize Chaerin was right. This is her chance to be with her dad. She won’t wake up with chaerin beside her anymore but that doesn’t mean they won’t be together.

“okay. But promise me you’ll visit me.”

“ uhmmm..not for the moment but we can still go out. And you can visit me anytime. I just cant deal with…you know it right?” she said seriously

“ yeah. I do understand. If that is what you want, I won’t say anything anymore” Dara said sadly

“ Thank you Baby” Chaerin said stealing one quick kiss and proceeded to drive away.

 

“ Bye baby, drive safely okay” Dara waved goodbye as she stepped outside the car.

They’re now outside of the house of Dara’s dad.

“Baby wait!” Caherin grabbed Dara’s hand as she was almost out of the car.

She pulled Dara and gave her a kiss. A short but filled with love. Their lips didn’t move. They just linger there quietly.

“ I love you Dara. Remember that. Never forget that” she said almost tearing up.

“ I love you too. Nothing will change that” Dara said assuring while caressing Chaerin’s face.

“ go now. They are waiting for you” Chaerin look at the gate as it slightly opens revealing Dara’s dad and her mom.

The feeling of anger came rushing back to her.

“ Okay. Be careful on the road baby. Bye” Dara said finally getting out of the car.

Chaerin smiled bitterly again.”Bye baby.”

She watched Dara went inside the gate.

As the gate closes, she clutches hard on the wheel. She feels so angry seeing them. Those people who made her feel all the pain she felt.

She started the engine and took one last glance at the gate “Everything has changed baby.Everything...”

She whispered staring at the gate with so much hatred and anger “everything” She drove away fast.

Away from that place.

Away from those people.

Away from her love