Chapter 17

With you, it's heaven

Dara stirred from her sleep, she slowly woke up when she felt that Chaerin is not beside her anymore,    “ Chae?” She called with her sleepy voice “ Chae?” She called again. She slightly panicked when she realized that Chaerin is not in the room. She was about to get up from bed when the door opened slowly revealing Chaerin with a tray of food in hand. Chaerin gave her her sweetest smile when she saw that she is already awake. Dara can’t help but smile too. She feels so silly for panicking a bit.

 “ Hey there my wifey, goodmorning!” Chaera greeted her cheerfully with a kiss on the lips.

“ morning too” Dara kiss back while sitting up

“Breakfast in bed for the most beautiful girlfriend in the world” Chaerin exclaimed happily while placing the tray on the bed and she sit beside . Dara just blushes on Chaerin’s compliment.

“ Here, eat this, I prepared this only for you my baby” she said while slicing piece of pancake and feed it to Dara. Dara opened and let Chaerin feed her

Dara took the fork from Chaerin and slice another one “Here eat too, my sweetest girlfriend in the world” Dara said while giggling. They both enjoy their breakfast in bed feeding each other.

 

“ Ready?” Chaerin asked Dara while the other is putting on the final touches of her make-up

Dara inhaled deeply to get rid of her nervousness. She looked at Chaerin in the eye through the mirror and nod.

“ Great! “ Chaerin held both of her shoulders and squeeze it gently “Everything is gonna be okay, don’t worry”

Dara turned to face Chaerin “ You think so?” she asked faintly

“ hey” Chaerin cooed and hug Dara gently “ I just don’t think so, it will be. Within this day you are going to see your dad okay?” she assured Dara and kissed her gently on the lips. “ I promise you that”

“ Okay, I believe you” Dara said smiling “ Thank you for being here. I love you”

“ I love you too”

 

After few hours of driving around the city, looking for the address of Dara’s dad they finally arrived at this one particular average built house just near the outskirts of Seoul City. Chaerin slowly parked her car in front of the gate.

“ So, this is it, finally you will see your dad” she is trying to cheer Dara up because she noticed how nervous and anxious her girlfriend is.

 “ Hey look at me” she lifted Dara’s chin and make her face her “ It’ll be fine, just relax baby. Maybe this would help you relax” she kissed her passionately and Dara responded with the same.

She broke the kiss and smiled sweetly “ feeling good?”

Dara just smiled and nod

They both went out of the car and Chaerin push the doorbell button twice. She gently squeeze Dara’s hand and gave her an eye smile. After a few moments someone opened the gate. A teenage girl with a striking resemblance to Chaerin except for the eyes which look like exactly like Dara’s…

“ Goodmorning, how may I help you?” The girl asked politely

“ Hi goodmorning, uhmm we are just wondering if there is someone named Han In Sung who happened to live here?” Chaerin ask

The girl looked at the Chaerin then to Dara then back to Chaerin again

“ May I please know why you are looking for him?” the girl asked suspisciously

Dara’s body stiffened hearing the question.

Chaerin looked at Dara waiting for her to answer the question.

“ uhmm…you see I’ma..i’m” Dara started stammering

The girl frowned at Dara.

Dara held Chaerin’s hand tighter and exhaled deeper. Chaerin gave her an assuring nod to continue.

“ Uhem” Dara cleared

 “ Actually we came here to see him. We, I mean I have been looking for him for a long time because my mom said that he…”

Dara paused and stare at the girl infront of her who is attentively listening to every single word she is saying. She inhaled again the continue talking “because my mom said that he…that he is my father”

The girl is shocked to what Dara has just said. She just stood there and intensely stares at Dara from head to foot.

 Dara and Chaerin are both waiting for the girl’s response when they themselves were shocked when the girl screamed

 “ Oh my God Unnie!!! It’s you. it is really you! oh my Gosh”

The girl jump and hug Dara tightly that they almost fell on the ground; luckily Chaerin was there to catch her back.

Although confused, Dara hug the girl back.

When they broke the hug, the girl’s eye is teary “ I thought I will never see you in person, dad always tell me about you”

“ you mean?” Dara ask tearing as well

“ Yes unnie, you are my older sister, I am Han Eun jin. I am the daughter of Han In sung, your dad, my dad,our dad”

Dara smiled with tears while Chaerin is just so happy for her girl

“ Come in unnie come in” Eun pulled them inside “ Dad! Dad! You wouldn’t believe who just arrived!Dad!” Eun shouted grabbing Dara’s hand leading them inside the house. Dara is just so happy seeing how welcome she is to her little sister. She smiled at Chaerin and interlocked their fingers.

 

“ take a sit unnie feel at home okay, I’ll just call dad”

Dara just followed her and took a sit at the couch still holding Chaerin’s hands.

“ dad!” Eun shouted again at the base of the stair“ Dad! Come down here! Dad!”

“ Hey! Will you stop shouting EJ!” A baritone voice echoed across the house followed by footsteps descending the stairs

Dara suddenly felt nervous again hearing the voice of her dad. Chaerin rubbed her back gently and peck at her cheeks

“ Hurry up dad! Come on!” Eun shouted excitedly and glance at Dara

“ Aishhh, what’s with the shouting EJ, did you won the lottery?!” A medium built man with a clean cut hair and has exactly Dara’s eyes descended from the stairs.

“ Yah why are you shouting EJ?, don’t tell me you really won the lottery” he chuckled messing the girl’s hair

“ Aisshh, no dad I did not win the lottery, actually It’s more than that look” EJ gestured pointing at Dara’s direction

Dara stood up and look straight into her dad.

“ oooh… I did not know that we have visitors”

“ Not just any visitor dad, look” eun grab his father’s arm and walk towards Dara

Dara’s dad is just staring at her. He felt a thug in his heart. Dara’s face is all too familiar too him. He stopped on his track when he realized who the person in front of him is.

“ Are you-?” his eyes are starting to get teary as he slowly approach Dara

Dara is starting to cry also “ Dad?” is all she could say

Her dad immediately hug her “ oh my baby. My Dara. It is really you…you have no idea how much I have prayed that this day would come. I miss you so much my baby girl. Daddy loves you so much. Eventhough the only thing I have about you is your name” They are both crying while hugging each other.

Chaerin is sniffing also as she watches her girlfriend finally found her dad. The scene is too emotional for them. And she was too happy for her.

After a while, Dara’s dad broke the hug “ Come here EJ” Her dad said with open arms motioning EJ to hug them too. EJ ran towards the smiling happily.

“ oh my babies. Thank God I finally have the both of you in my arms. I never imagined this day would come. I am so happy right now. My babies!” her dad started raining kisses on Dara and EJ’s forehead

“ Yah dad! Stop it it’s embarrassing!” EJ protested

Dara just gave a hearty laugh at her sister’s action. She could not believe it herself that this is really happening to her. She is so happy that her dad loves her and also she has a sister that loves her also eventhough this is the first time that she met her.

“ Wae, am I not allowed to kiss my baby girls?” Her dad complains and pouts

“ Haishh dad!, we are not babies anymore!right unnie?” EJ looks at Dara asking for rescue.

Dara just chuckled.

“ Come on let’s sit down my BABIES” Her dad emphasizes the word babies and motion them to sit.

He wipes Dara’s tears with his thumb “ you look a lot like your mom” her dad said staring at her face caressing it

“ Except for the eyes, mom said I got it from you” she answered smiling

“ Yeah, both you and EJ got my eyes. I wonder why my daughters only got my eyes?” He jokes and they both giggle.

His face suddenly turned serious “Are you not mad at daddy?”

Dara look straight into his eyes “maybe before I am mad at because you left us and I grew up without a dad, but not anymore. I am sure you have your reasons why you left us and I wanna hear it from you.”

“ I am sorry Dara if you thought that I left you and your mom. But trust me if I have been given the chance I would never leave your side.” Her dad said with sadness in his voice

“ you’re mom and I met during my darkest times. I was heartbroken because the girl that I love married another man. She was always there for me, she was fun to be with and we grew fond of each other. She got pregnant with you and I can never explain the happiness that I felt knowing that I am going to be a dad soon. But your mom is not just an ordinary citizen, she belongs to one of the richest and most influential families here and in the U.S.. And me? Who am I? I am just an ordinary guy who have nothing.”

Dara is intently listening to his dad. Her dad sighs and continue

“ When your grandpa learned about us and about you, he was raging mad. He thought that I am not the right guy for your mother. But your mom fought for me. We finally get married and left for the states. But your grandpa made sure that my life would become a living hell.  But I kept going for you and your mom. But he was so determined to destroy my family; I could not get a decent job because your grandpa made sure I couldn’t get one. I couldn’t even buy medicines for your mom so that you can grow healthy inside her”

Tears are starting to run down Dara’s dad’s eyes. Dara is tearing up as well and squeeze her dad’s hand gently.

“ it came to a point where I could not even provide food on the table anymore but your mom never complained even though she is not used to that kind of life. I said to myself that I cannot let you and your mom suffer along with me. That’s when I decided to give up the two of you. I divorced your mom and left without saying goodbye. Your grandpa promised that If I left your mom, he will take good care of you and your mom and will give you a life of luxury which I cannot give you if I stayed. I am sorry Dara, I really am. It is just that I cannot let you and your mom live a life of poverty and suffer along with me.”

Dara hug her dad tightly and cry. Both of them are crying again. Even EJ and Chaerin cried along with them.

“ It’s okay dad, I forgive you already. And I am sure mom already forgive eventhough she is already up there in heaven”

Dara’s dad got surprised hearing that her mom is already dead “ I am sorry baby, I don’t know she died. I am sorry”

“ it’s okay dad, what matters now is I still have you and EJ and grandpa eventhough I am mad at him for what he did to our family, he is still my grandpa and I  love him” Dara smiling with tears.

“ ahem” Chaerin faked a cough

Everyone looked at Chaerin.

Dara almost forgot about her. “ oh” Dara immediately stood up and sit beside Chaerin holding her hands. “ and of course I have my ever supportive, loving and caring arrogant girlfriend” Dara chuckled as Chaerin pouts cutely at the last adjective Dara described her.

Dara’s dad and EJ frown “ girlfriend?” Dara’s dad asked shocked that her eldest daughter is with a girl

“ Uhmmm..Dad, EJ my baby sis, this is Chaerin my girlfriend” Dara said introducing Chaerin properly.

“ Chaerin this is my dad and my baby sister” She said smiling

Chaerin stood up and bow 90 degrees “ hi sir my name is Chaerin, and I so love your eldest daughter very much. I promise to love her sincerely and always make her happy. Please give us your blessings”

Dara’s dad stood up. Chaerin straightened up and face Dara’s dad.

“ Chaerin ah” he placed his hands on Chaerin’s shoulder “ I love my daughter so much eventhough we haven’t been together for a very long time. I did not expect that she is into girls” he said seriously.

Chaerin gulped a mouthful of saliva.

“ But then who am I to say no to her happiness? “ he said now smiling “ if you love each other then you have my blessings” he extends his hands to Chaerin for a handshake. Chaerin glance at dara who is now smiling at her and giving her a nod. She smiled back and shake his hands.

Chaerin was about to let go of his hands when Dara’s dad pull her slightly closer to him. He turned serious again and with a warning tone “ But…if you ever ever hurt my Dara, just so you know me and EJ are good hunters. Right EJ?”

EJ Just nod with a serious face and pointed at the animal heads that hangs in the living room

“ we will hunt you until the ends of the world and we will not stop until we hang and display your head in the living room. You got that?”

Chaerin was so tense “Ye- yes sir” She stammers “I-i promise to never hurt her”

“Good! Now come here!” he pulled Chaerin for bear hug “welcome to the family!” he exclaimed happily making Chaerin sigh in relief while Dara and EJ burst out laughing.

Dara paused for a moment and watch her family happily. She could not believe the blessings that she has received. She has her dad, a sister and a very loving and supportive girlfriend. She has everything she ever needed.

“ crying makes me so hungry” after a while her dad complains “ Come EJ, help daddy prepare food. Let’s cook our specialty for your unnies.”

“ yes unnie, you should taste our family specialty. It’s my mom’s recipe!” EJ proudly said

“ Mom? Is your mom here?” Dara asked surprised

“ omo Dad! We forgot to tell unnie about mom!”

Her dad stopped and look at Dara apologetically and smiled “ ah yes…my Dara, you will meet her later, she is just busy with the restaurant. Don’t worry she knows about you and your mom and she accepted it”

“ Yes unnie, don’t worry, omma is very understanding and kind person, you sure will like her.”

Dara just smiled and nod.

 

The four of them are now happily having dinner. They are laughing and teasing each other.

Chaerin feels really comfortable with Dara’s dad and sister even though they threatened her earlier.

“ I am home!” someone shouted from the living room “ hey guys! where are you two?”

“ Mom! here in the dining!” EJ shouted back

“ there you are! I miss you two!” The woman kissed EJ head and then kissed Dara’s dad on the cheeks

“ oh we have visitors” She said as she noticed Dara and Chaerin who is facing the other way.

“ yes honey, but it’s not just an ordinary visitor” He said happily

The woman walks to face the two. She suddenly stopped when she got a full view of their so called visitor.

Dara could not understand why Chaerin’s palm suddenly went as cold as ice.

Chaerin on the other hand felt like she has seen a ghost the moment she saw the face of the woman who is now standing in front of them frozen.

“ Chae- Chaerin?” the woman called her stuttering. Obviously shocked on the presence of Chaerin

“ Honey, do you know her?” Dara’s dad ask curiously

Dara is also confused as to what is happening. She squeeze Chaerin’s hand who seemed to be frozen in her seat and her eyes glued in EJ’s mom.

“ Honey?” Dara’s dad frowns waiting for an answer

“ Chaerin, my baby” She whispered as tears run down her cheeks never removing her stare at Chaerin

“ Baby? Honey, is she your..?”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

wooo!!! watcha think guys?!!

thanks to those who are still reading this fic. and to my new subs and comments., thank you! thank you!...

i almost deleted my account.ahahahahah...stupid me!

anyways enjoy reading...

 

gracias todo el mundo para vuestre paciencia y soporte!!!