Chapter 5

With you, it's heaven

 

Annyeong yeorabun!!!!mianhe for the late update...enjoy this chapter...tell me about your thoughts okay..every opinion will be treated objectively, this would help me improve my writing...Kamsahamnida!!<_>

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

 

After 4 hours of travel, the bus stops at the first pit stop it was almost dark. Everyone went out of the bus to have dinner except for Dara, who fell asleep.

“Miss!” the driver gently shook her body

“Wake up Miss we’re at the pit stop”

Dara opened her eyes slowly, looking around.

She smiled at the driver “Thank you for waking me up” she said shyly

“You have thirty minutes to do your necessities before this bus leaves again” the driver explained smiling at her

“Ok thank you” Dara said politely

Dara enjoyed herself with a bowl of her favorite Ramen. After eating she decided to take a little stroll around the pit stop buying some fruits and snacks she can eat on the bus. She went to buy something from the mini souvenir store.

She looks at her watch “I Still has five minutes more” she whispers. Then she went back to the parking lot where the bus is parked.

Dara felt like the whole world just crashed on top of her. She was shaking with panic; her mind goes on a topsy-turvy.

“Not again!” she burst out

The parking lot is now empty. Her bus is already gone. Her eyes are wide in total shock. She couldn’t believe this is happening again. What on earth has she done to deserve this kind of mischief? She was really panicking; she walked around the parking lot hoping that the bus is just around waiting for her. She did not notice she was searching the area like a madman.

Then, the parking attendant notice her expression “Hey Miss!” the attendant called her

She stopped for a moment then looked at the source of the voice. The attendant is approaching her “Excuse me miss, but you seem lost, is there a problem?” the attendant ask with concern

“ Uhmm…ahjussi, do you know where is the bus that is parked right there just a while ago?” Dara said pointing at the area where the bus just parked

“What bus? The green one? The one going to x province?” the attendant said making sure he was talking clearly

“ Yes!yes that bus. Have you seen it?” Dara ask slightly cheering up

“Oh that bus. It already left. Maybe 10 minutes ago. That bus usually stops here for 20 minutes. It follows a very strict schedule” the attendant explained

“But the driver said we can have necessities for 30 minutes.” Dara said confusedly

“No. maybe you heard it wrong. I have been working here for a long time, and that bus only stops for 20 minutes sharp.”

Dara’s head is spinning lightly. She is thinking on what to do now that she obviously left by the bus. “ uhmmm, ahjussi, is there any other bus that will stop here that will also go to X province?” She said hoping there is another bus coming

“Well, I am afraid that is the last trip for the day. You have to wait early morning tomorrow for another bus to come by.”

Then the phone of the attendant ring “Excuse me I have to take this call. Take care of yourself. Don’t worry too much Miss. Everything has a solution” He said then walk away.

Dara just bowed her head in response. With a heavy heart, Dara sat on a bench thinking of what to do next. She was obviously in a total disaster again. She was thinking of calling Chaerin to ask for help but then she thought Chaerin has done so much for her already. She doesn’t want to be a burden to her again.

Her tears are starting fall down her cheeks. It seems like heaven and earth are conspiring against her. It seems that they don’t want her to fulfill her purpose in coming to Korea. She just wants to see her dad, to talk to him and ask the question she has wanted to ask him for the past 26 years of her life: “why he left them?” Is that too much to ask? She is crying like a baby right now. She took out the hankie that Chaerin owns then wipes her tears. She felt a little bit better when she looked at the hankie she is holding. She suddenly feels that she is not alone. Surprisingly, the thought of Chaerin gives her a sense of protection and assurance that everything is gonna be fine, even though at times Chaerin is so arrogant and annoying towards her. Deep in her heart, she wishes that she let Chaerin accompany her in this journey. Maybe this would have never happened. She is just afraid that she would like Chaerin more or maybe fall for her if they will spend more time together. She is just scared that when that happens, she will just leave her just like her father did to her mom, to them.

Although she is a pure Korean, this country is not her home. U.S is her home. She has no reason to stay here unless… She clutched unto the hankie, staring at it as if it was the only thing that could save her right now.

“I see that you’re having a habit of using what is mine” Chaerin suddenly appeared in front of Dara crossing her arms with a smirk on her face

Dara could not believe her eyes. She was like dreaming. “Oh my, if this is a dream then, don’t wake me up yet” she prayed silently. She was totally frozen in shock.

“ Aisshhh, it’s only been hours of not seeing me and you’re already crying missing me?” Chaerin said with her overconfident usual arrogant tone while still crossing her arms.

Dara shook her head to wake up from her dreaming trance. She rub her eyes making sure that she is not dreaming, Chaerin is really standing in front of her right this moment. Even though, she is super annoyed every time Chaerin is in her arrogant mode, boy!right now she felt that she loves to hear that tone.

She was staring at Chaerin, not blinking coz she is scared that if she blinks, Chaerin would be gone.

Chaerin is staring intensely at Dara. She snapped her finger in front of the face of Dara “What?” she said

With a lightning speed, Dara stood up and hug Chaerin so tight. Chaerin almost fell on the ground because Dara is leaning all her weight to Chaerin. Dara is like crashing every bone in Chaerin’s body hugging her tighter.

Chaerin feels her body is going to crash any moment. But she won’t dare to be released from Dara’s hug. Even though she dies right now because of suffocation, it’s okay. She will be glad to. She smiled victoriously returning Dara’s hug. She is floating in the air as she is savoring the moment. She is enjoying Dara’s aroma and warmth. Now that this moment is happening, she will never let this girl go. No matter what happens, no matter how impossible, no matter if she refuses, no matter if she gets hurt. She will always be by her side, protecting her…loving her. She knows this feeling is still premature to be called love. But what can she do if the feeling she feels right now is best described as love. This is what she feels, if you can call it any other way so be it.

After a few moments, Dara begins to sob again, while still hugging Chaerin tightly. This time she is not crying because she ended up in a messed up situation again, not because as if the world is trying to stop her from finding her dad, but because she was too happy to see Chaerin right now. Too happy might even be an understatement.

Chaerin noticed Dara is sobbing again, she caressed her back gently “ shhh, stop it. Everything is gonna be fine” But Dara is still sobbing.

As much as she doesn’t want to break the hug, she has no choice but to make Dara stop crying.

She gently pushed Dara away, holding her on both shoulder “Hey, stop crying now okay.” She said in very calm voice

Dara just ducked her head and continues sobbing. She can’t look at Chaerin.

Chaerin cups Dara’s face “ Aissshh, you love to cry don’t you?” she whispers then wipes Dara’s tears with both of her thumb “ there, that’s better.” She said as Dara stopped crying.

They were staring at each other, they’re faces are so close, they can even feel each other’s breath. Dara is so hypnotized by Chaerin’s overwhelming charisma and sweetness over her at this moment. She felt a little bit embarrassed. Her heart is having a grand rally inside her chest right now.

“Don’t cry again okay? Stop missing me coz I am already here” She said back in her usual arrogant tone still cupping Dara’s face.

“ Yah” Dara shove away Chaerin’s hands from her face.

She wipes her face with the hankie “I am not crying because I miss you! What makes you think about that?” Dara said hiding her blushing face

“Well, the only reason I can think of why you are crying in the middle of a pit stop is because you miss me already” Chaerin smirking, obviously teasing Dara

“Ha! You wish! I am not even thinking about you” Dara scoffed back.

She went back on sitting on the bench Chaerin sat beside Dara crossing her arms, looking at the sky. They were silent again for a few moments

Dara is clutching her hands on her lap, finding the right words to start talking to Chaerin. “ uhmm- Chaerin?” she said timidly

“Hmm?’ Chaerin hummed then looked at Dara

“ uhmm” Dara is struggling for words

“I know, you want me, you need me” Chaerin said with her teasing tone leaning closer to Dara interrupting Dara from talking

“ What? No!” Dara said obviously starting to feel annoyed with Chaerin’s non-stop teasing.

“ Ahahahahha” Chaerin laughing her heart out again “ You are so cute when you are pissed” she said pinching Dara’s cheeks

Dara unconsciously blushed hard and then looked away. Chaerin stood taking Dara’s hand.

“Let’s go!” she said dragging Dara again, making her stood up from the bench

“Where?” Dara ask, obviously surprised

“ I am hungry, let me eat first, I’ve been driving for hours and it’s still gonna be a long drive after this” she said with excitement, still dragging Dara

“Yah! What’s with the dragging lately? You don’t have to do that okay! I can walk fine just by myself” Dara said trying to release herself from Chaerin’s grip

Chaerin purposely ignore Dara’s complains and continue to walk holding Dara’s hand. She’s secretly smiling inside her.

Dara finally give up struggling and walk with Chaerin.

 

They were inside a diner waiting for the food that Chaerin ordered.

Dara refused to eat because she has already taken her dinner a while ago.

“Here you go miss, 1 order of beef bulgogi and cold pineapple juice. Enjoy your food.” The waiter said then left

“ Yey, finally, I haven’t eaten since lunch. I am so starving” she said while eating her food like a kid

Dara is just staring at her. Admiring how she has this kind of personality that is so hard to resist. It is just so adorable.

Then realization hit Dara’s mind“ uhmmm, Chaerin” she begins

Chaerin look at her while shoving food into “ Why are you here?” she said with a serious tone

Chaerin almost choke upon hearing Dara’s question. She’s punching her chest to shove the food down . Dara handed her water.

“What was that again?” she asked acting like she did not here it the first time at the same time faking a cough

“I said why you are here? I mean, aren’t you supposed to be in Seoul? This place is 4 hours’ drive away from Seoul. Are you following me?” Dara said narrowing her eyes staring at her suspiciously

Chaerin straighten herself up, placed her elbows on the table interlocking her fingers then placing her chin on top.

She gave Dara an eye smile then smirk “You are pretty but NOT MY TYPE” she said ily emphasizing the last words. “I came here on official business” gesturing quote and quote sign with her fingers. “You are lucky that I was commissioned to paint a portrait of a very special client in the province where you are going. This person is special; I can’t let my other painters to do it so I have to go there myself. I am not stalking you or something okay”. Cherin said proudly

Dara is just staring at her debating whether she would  believe her or not. “Okay” Dara said feeling a little bit disappointed.

Chaerin felt a little bit relieved. Dara would kill her literally if she would have known the truth.

“So since, we’re going on the same place, and obviously you are left by your bus already, it wouldn’t hurt if I drive you there, would it? Chaerin said smiling

Dara looked at Chaerin while clutching her hands on her lap “As much as I want to distant myself from her, no matter how hard I try not to be with her, fate is making a way for us to continue crossing in each other’s path, maybe I should just go with the flow and see where I end” she said in her thoughts. She ducked her head then gave Chaerin a nod as an approval

Chaerin is grinning like a fool then drummed the table with her palm as she stood up “okay then, let’s go! X province, here we go!” she shouted as she started walking out the diner

Dara stood up following her outside, surprised that this time, Chaerin is not literally dragging her.