Chapter 5 – At Least One of Them Is Happy

It's Going To End With You And Me

 

 

            “Ara, ara… But seriously, you still don’t know? He’s in the room right now actually.”

 

            What? Just what the heck is my dad spouting out nonsense about?

 

            Then it hit me and I looked to my left and he also looked shocked. I was now registering all the things that’s happening and tried thinking again and again if I got it right.

 

            “L.joe?” “Me?” Both L.joe and I looked at each other and then at dad with shocked faces.

 

            Dad just raised his eyebrows and smiled.

 

            .

            ..

           

            ….

            …..

            ……

            …….

 

            My mind wasn’t functioning anymore.

 

 

            “WHAT?!”

 

            I screamed at the top of my lungs.

 

            “Stop saying what,” dad joked.

 

            “Dad, howd you know it’s him. You haven’t even met him before.”

 

            “Well when he said that his dad owns Lee Corporation.” He shrugged.

 

            I looked at my dad and then to L.joe, “But I thought your dad hates me?”

 

            “I don’t know anything about this,” L.joe defended himself.

 

            “I know that… But actually, it wasn’t your dad… It was Hyeri’s dad that hates you since they’re both the stockholders in Lee Corporation and L.joe’s dad was convincing Hyeri’s dad to stay in the company and that only lead to the result to get you but of course they failed but now that Hyeri’s dad withdraws to being a stockholder of their company… Lee Corporation is now going to me to join him,” Dad flashed us a smile like he was talking a normal thing.

 

            I just stared at him, all lost in all the business and mixed with mafia business talk.

 

            “I’m going to get Business Management major, to fully understand this.”

 

            “So dad was just covering for Hyeri’s dad?” L.joe asked and my dad just nodded.

 

            “oh,”

 

            “So I guess congratulations?” Dad said as he hugged me.

 

            I felt the space on my right became unoccupied so I turned to look at Baekhyun. He walked out of the living room and went outside. I blinked a couple of times before chasing after him but I didn’t forget to grab an umbrella.

 

            “HaeMin,” I heard L.joe’s voice from behind but I went out already.

 

 

             As soon as I got out, the heavy rain greeted me so I quickly opened the umbrella and looked for Baekhyun. It was already night but thank goodness that the light posts were all lit.

 

            I saw Baekhyun’s figure out the gate walking towards the left pavement. I quickly run towards him.

 

            Gosh, don’t tell me I’m going this sappy under-the-rain thing?

 

            “Baekhyun!” I called out for him and he stopped and slowly turned to me.

 

            It was dark and there was only a little amount of light on him so I could quite see his face. I run to him and held the umbrella to the both of us.

 

            “You’ll get sick.” I simply said.

 

            Now that I was close to him, I could see his face.

 

            Sadness, melancholy and depression

 

            “Baekhyun,”

 

            “I’m alright,” He looked at me and flashed me a small sad smile.

 

            “I’m sorry,” I look down on the ground.

 

            “I’m alright,”

 

            “Stop saying that when you’re not.”I stared up at his eyes and there were tears. I know it was tears because I cry in the rain as well.

 

            “You know, I didn’t know that I’ll be this upset hearing that news.”

 

            I finally let go of the umbrella and hugged him, “I’m sorry.”

 

            I hate it when I make people I treasure cry.

 

            I’m such a horrible person.

 

 

            “No you’re not. You’re the most incredible person I met, other than being a gangster the rest are all great traits.” He said smiling at me as if he read my mind.

 

            I stared at him, “You thought it out loud,” He softly laughed.

 

            “Between L.joe and I… At least one of us is happy. And I bet he’ll be great for you.” He softly said while I felt his cold lips on my forehead.

 

            I hugged him tighter, “Don’t worry, even if you’re married I’ll still be by your side and protect you.” He softly whispered on my ear.

 

            Why didn’t I fell in love with you first?

 

            “You know… I honestly wouldn’t mind if it was you I’m marrying.” I admitted as I looked up at Baekhyun.

 

            “With you saying that, I’m already happy and honestly that made me feel better.” He said and hugged me as he buried his face on my hair.

 

 

            Okay after that shocking event. It’s been really different. L.joe started visiting like everyday now. Dad is actually pleased with him around.

 

            Baekhyun…

 

            He said he was okay but I know he’s not, even though he still hangs out with me there would still be some awkwardness and sadness in him.

 

            And guess what?

 

            After that day of breaking that news, my dad and L.joe’s dad made it official by broadcasting it to the whole country of our marriage.

 

            Oh. Gosh. It. Was. Hell.

 

 

            It was our usual hang out; me and L.joe at the mall. We became really close because of this arrange marriage thing. The other Teen Top members would either tease us together or insult L.joe on how he doesn’t deserve me when they come to hang out with me.

 

            “Come on, let’s go to the arcade.” L.joe whined for the nth time.

 

            He’s been begging me to go to the arcade for the last hour but I didn’t feel like going there and I already told him to go by himself but he wants me to go with him.

 

            I glared at him shooting daggers telling him to shut-the--up.

 

            “Make me babe, I know you’ll give in.” L.joe straightened up and smirked while staring at me with those tantalizing eyes.

 

            “I’m as strong-headed as you are.” I retorted and walked away from him.

 

            I heard him calling my name not far but I quickened my pace and then suddenly I realized I was already running, I was smiling while running and then I looked at the back to see if L.joe was behind me.

 

            When I was about to turn I bumped into someone and we both fell on our butts. I quickly stood up and dusted myself and tried to apologize.

 

            “I’m so—I’m not sorry.” My attitude change and started being all a and rolled my eyes at the person.

 

            “Min.” I heard him whisper.

 

            “Where the heck is L.joe?” I ignored him and started looking for L.joe.

 

            “HaeMin, I know it’s kind of late but I’m sorry.”He tried to reach for my hand but I quickly took them back and glared at him.

 

            “What? Why are you sorry? There’s nothing to be sorry about, you should be proud of yourself actually.” You could hear the pure sarcasm in my mouth with a mocking tone as well.

 

            “We need to talk.”

 

            “There’s nothing to talk about. Where is L.joe?” I snapped at him and tried ignoring his presence.

 

 

            I could feel his gaze on me even though I wasn’t looking at him. I could feel Hatred but at the same time longing. But I erased them and just ‘tried’ to ‘find’ L.joe. It was silent for the both of us and it was good I wouldn’t hear his stupid voice.

 

            “HaeMin?!” I heard a faint yelled not far from where I am.

 

            I quickly turned to head to the direction but I felt him grab my wrist gentle while whispering, “I’ve been regretting to all the things I’ve done, I’ve been in pain and so much sorrow all these years but at least one of us is happy.” His tone was remorse and sad but he finally letting me go.

 

            It was my time to run towards L.joe but my mind was still stuck with Myungsoo’s words.

 

            HaeMin! Get a grip. Don’t fall for that trick easily. Please?

____________________________________________________________________________

Ayo! Wassup?

Hahaha... I know it's a weekday.

I just thought about updating.

 

So... Hey you! yes you you,

How was it? Too cliche? I think I want to burf with this chap.

LOL! XD

But hey~

 

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE~!♥