Chapter 13 – Face Off

It's Going To End With You And Me

 

 

        I was already sweating through my palms. I felt hot even under the fully air-conditioned car, to add up the heat was my wedding gown. Too thick and long for my liking.

 

        “Would you relax?” I heard Baekhyun’s playful voice as he drove the car to my house.

 

        I glared at him, “How can I relax when I’ll be facing death once we step out of this car?” I snapped at him.

 

        “I’m here. I won’t let anything hurt you.” He his right hand reached out to take one of my sweating hands.

 

        I felt him squeeze it a bit, reassuring me. It did help alright but my nervousness went back once I saw my house 1 block away. I could feel my heart beat faster as we got nearer.

 

        “Baekhyun… if my dad kills you…” I started.

 

        I saw Baekhyun stiffen as he took a glance at me then back at the road, “yeah?”

 

        “I just want to say ‘I told you so.’” I tried joking to lift my mood up but it didn’t work at all and I could finally see Baekhyun’s fear.

 

        I could see he was getting nervous now, as I saw him gripped on the stirring wheel tight and I didn’t miss to see him try to unclip the lock on his collar.

 

        “You can still back off now you know. Get out of here and run”— I was cut off by his hand when he literally shoved it to my face.

 

        I glared at him as I shoved his hand away from me and wiped my face.

 

        “I won’t leave you. I won’t let you go again.” He gave me a small smile.

 

        We were already in front of my house and none of us spoke or even move an inch. I was staring at my house and closed my eyes as I took a deep breath.

 

 

        Just when I finally opened my eyes, I was already face to face with Baekhyun. He straightened up and held his hand out. I nodded and took it.

 

        “Together.” He whispered.

 

        With that the two of us, who were nervous to the bone walked towards the door.

 

        I took one last glance at Baekhyun and reached for the door handle.

 

        Before I could open it myself, it suddenly opened on its own. My heart went haywire as I got more nervous. I didn’t know I was gripping on Beakhyun’s hand until I heard him emit a small strained groan.

 

        I tried loosing my grip on him and looked inside.

 

        “Well, you’re back.”  I heard my mom’s voice as she came into view by the door.

 

        Baek and I looked at each other and then back at mom and bowed a little.

 

        “Come in. You’re appa’s been waiting for the two of you.” She didn’t say anything else and walked towards the living room.

 

        We followed her.

 

 

        Both of us took our time to go to the living room making eye contact but never speaking to each other.

 

        Once we got there, we were surprised to see my dad with Baek’s parents.

 

        “B-baek…” I muttered.

 

        “Sshh… it’s fine.”

 

        Mom walked towards my dad’s side as dad stared at the two of us… well actually people in the living room looked at us. They were staring at us with a blank expression.

 

        I don’t know what they’re thinking with their blank expression. I couldn’t read it.

 

        “Umma, appa... everyone.” I hung my head down.

 

        “Umma, appa… what are you doing here?” Baek asked his parents who were still just staring at us.

 

 

        It was silent for awhile… no one answered Baek’s question.

 

        “I bet you already know what you have done, right?” finally my dad asked in a monotone.

 

        I didn’t like this side of my dad. I know I disappointed him badly.

 

        I looked at him and nodded once.

 

        Just then he reached for the remote and switched the TV on.

 

        “On further news… the heiress of Jo Corporation that was supposed to be wed to the Lee Corporation just run away right before she could fully answer the priest her ‘I do’ with…” the volume started getting quieter until it was muted.

 

        I looked back at my dad who was staring at me.

 

        “This has been running all around the nation right after you run away.”

 

        “Appa…” I couldn’t explain myself.

 

        I could feel tears b at the corner of my eyes waiting to explode. I clenched my jaw and just kept quiet, because if I say another word I might burst.

 

        “Uncle, it’s not HaeMin’s fault… I was the one who pulled her.” Baekhyun stepped up and tried to cover me.

 

        “Oh yes it is your fault!” I flinched when I heard my dad yell. I even felt Baek tensed up a bit but tried to relax.

 

        “I wa”—

 

        “I’m disappointed in you, Baekhyun.” Dad said in a low voice.

 

        It shut Baekhyun up and sighed.

 

 

        It was silent again.

 

        I bit my bottom lip and stood next to him and gave his hand a little squeeze. I looked back at my dad who was eyeing our hands.

 

        “I just believe it…” he muttered.

 

        “I didn’t know your son was so slow.” He wasn’t talking at us anymore but at Baek’s parents.

 

        Both Baek and my brows furrowed, confused.

 

        “It took him long enough to make a move. Tsk. I just had to spend a large amount of money, for him to finally make a move.”

 

        I saw Baek’s parents chuckled lightly while shaking their heads.

 

        “He probably got that trait from your side.” Auntie Byun giggled towards her husband; who whined while protesting.

 

        “What the heck is going on?” I muttered, still confused at the scene.

 

        “Aren’t you mad at us?” Baekhyun was as clueless as I am.

 

        My mom smiled as she walked towards me and hugged me and then Baekhyun.

 

        “Awe, princess… we were never angry.” She smiled.

 

        “What? You—Appa, was just yelling awhile a go.” I pointed at dad who was now laughing at some private joke.

 

 

 

        “No… We’re actually very happy for you two.” Dad grinned at me.

 

        My eyes widen and then slowly looked at Baek who was also shocked.

 

        “Let me get this straight… you’re not angry?” and my dad shook his head no as Baek asked.

 

        “But you were angry at me about something?” and he nodded this time.

 

        “And that is?”

 

        “For being really slow. The moment I announced Hae’s marrying Byunghun, it was the start of my plan… I thought you’re going to protest and argue about it, but then I saw you sulk and looked pathetic. Tsk. Tsk.” Dad crossed his arms and eyed Baekhyun.

 

        “Wait! So L.joe was playing along with your plan?” I exclaimed gritting my teeth.

 

        “Oh no! well not at first, well his dad was. His shock back then was true… but after the two of you left, I spoke to L.joe and told him the plan and he was kind of hesitant… you know he likes you too.” Dad started blubbering stuff.

 

        “But… he looked”—

 

        “I know. He’ll get over it. He already knows this would happen, but I guess he was trying so hard to win you. Poor boy, I like that boy for you too.” Dad shook his head looking at the floor.

 

 

        Then the room fell silent again and I stared at the wall and bit my bottom lip.

 

        I’m so horrible.

 

        “Waait. So does that mean, HaeMin’s mine?” Baekhyun broke the silence with his sudden tone of enthusiasm, and was grinning from ear to ear.

 

        “Yah! I’m not a thing.” I scolded him.

 

        “I know… but you’re my everything.” He winked.

 

        I pretended to puke and I rolled my eyes at him.

 

        I smiled as both of us just looked at each other. I was admiring his face, which looked so perfect.

 

 

        “Okay! Let’s celebrate for the two of you!” My mom suddenly squealed like a little girl with Baek’s mom. I saw dad and Baek laughed and patted each other’s shoulder.

 

        It turned out better than I thought.

 

        Just then I remembered what I was really going to face off.

 

        L.joe.

 

        I have to find L.joe and talk to him and apologize for everything.

 

 

        “Hae, come on… let’s eat. My mom and yours cooked a lot of food.” Baekhyun nudged me snapping me back to reality.

 

        I stared at him for a long time without blinking and smiled, “Go ahead, I have to go somewhere first.”

 

        Baekhyun sighed, “Gonna find L.joe?” I nodded.

 

        “Okay… hurry back to me. Be careful.” He said as he kissed my forehead and smiled.

 

        I furrowed my brows feeling nervous all of a sudden. I was scared for no reason, after hearing his words.

 

        “I will.” I said as I walked towards the door.

 

 

        I tried calling L.joe’s phone. I tried like 15 times but now answer and on the 16th attempt I could no longer reach him, he probably turned off his phone. So I contacted his gang if they know where he is.

 

        Unfortunately none of them know where he is. They all said the last time they saw him was when he went after me and Baekhyun.

 

        I feel really bad.

 

        Just then my phone buzzed. My eyes sparkled when I read the caller ‘L.joe’

 

        “Hello? L.joe? Where are you? I wanted to talk. Look”—

 

        “Herro~ Heyyyy… Yow sow meen ya knaw *hiccup* Hahaha!” just then I heard a thumping sound.

 

        “L.joe? Yah! Where are you? Are you drunk?” I keep yelling on the phone.

 

        I continue to walk by the side walk and I was going to cross the street, I was just waiting for the green light.

 

        “Uhm… hello? Are you Mr. Lee’s friend?” I heard a stranger’s voice from the other line.

 

        “Yeah. Where is he?”

 

        Green Light.

 

        “He’s wasted. He’s been drinking non-stop. Could you take him home? At TopClass.” Just then I heard another thump and then I heard L.joe’s voice again.

 

        “HaaaeMiiiin? I hate you b”—with that the call ended.

 

        My body froze.

 

        My heart clenched as I could feel a bitter smile coming. I wanted to laugh at myself.

 

        A drunken person never lies.

 

        I hung my head low.

 

        I didn’t know I stopped walking when I looked down.

 

        But what made me more shocked that I stopped walking by the pedestrian lane. I was still at the middle of the street and looked at the crossing light.

 

        I was about to take a step when I heard a screech not far from me.

 

        My reflexes are fast but the car coming was faster. I couldn’t move faster, and I haven’t had the time to actually think about something.

 

 

        I couldn’t do anything; the last thing I saw was that the driver got out and run away from me until everything disappeared from my vision.

=====================================================

 

FINALLY! After 231245 years, I updated! xD

you, Give me your opinion? Comment okay? :D

 

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE~

UPVOTE too?