Chapter 10 – Don’t Leave Me

It's Going To End With You And Me

 

          The bell rang. It was already lunch.

 

          I gathered all my things and started to head out.

 

          “Miss Jo, a minute please.” I heard the professor called out for me.

 

          I sighed.

 

          I knew it.

 

          I head towards the front of his desk and look at him. He looked seriously at me as he looked at his record.

 

          “I didn’t recall saying you can leave the school yesterday. I just said stay outside… but when I decided to call you in, you weren’t there anymore. Mind an explanation?” He was pissed, I know. But he was holding it back, I know.

 

          I just looked at him boredly and sighe, “I was bored with your class… so I went out.” I shrugged.

 

          I saw him purse his lips at me and I think I heard a faint growl? But oh well. I don’t give a .

 

          “Miss Jo. This is the last warning, if you disrespect my class again… I’ll have to report you. Please… get out now.” I don’t have to be told twice and I just quickly got out of the damned room.

 

          I smirked, but then it vanished.

 

          I won’t be having some good grades on his subject.

 

          I shrugged the useless thought away, and that’s when I noticed.

 

          I notice a box of chocolate in front of me. I stepped back a bit and look at the side, I smirk-smiled at the person. I quickly grabbed the box and muttered a ‘thanks’ and started walking again.

 

          I felt him walk beside me, “So lunch?” he offered and I just nodded mindlessly to engulf with the chocolate.

 

          L.joe and I walked towards his car at the parking lot and quickly drive to some food spot to eat.

 

          We were eating casually and conversing and what not.

 

          “I haven’t seen you in days.” I stated.

 

          I think I regretted what I said when I saw L.joe flash me a smirk and cocked his head to the side, sending that arrogant gangster aura in.

 

          “So you admit you missed me?” he chuckled.

 

          I scoffed whilst rolling my eyes but laughed nonetheless, “Whatever.”

 

          “Hey! You didn’t even deny it. It really means you missed me.” He cheered.

 

          I laughed whilst shaking my head.

 

          So cute…

 

          “Don’t worry, I missed you too!” He beamed at me like a little kid. I just smiled at him.

 

          It really fascinates me that this guy is really a gangster, and I actually feared him at some point in the past. I laughed at that thought.

 

          “You should be happy, because in just few days’ tops, you’ll be Mrs. Lee HaeMin.” He smirked at me and following a wink.

 

          I rolled my eyes at him as I continued eating.

 

          I stopped for a moment.

 

          The weddings in 2 days. I’ll be committed to a very deep relationship now. I’m going to another level of maturity. I’ll be stuck with one guy for the rest of my lives.

 

          Lastly, I’m never going to be with…

 

          “HaeMin?” I snapped out of my trance when I heard L.joe call my name. I shook those disturbing thoughts away and looked at him, “Hmm?”

 

          “You seemed off, are you alright?” he looked worried.

 

          I waved my hand in front and laughed a bit, “I’m fine, I’m fine… just got scolded by my professor after the class this morning.” I acted like I was really fine.

 

          He seemed to buy the act and nodded, “You want me to fire the guy? Just say it and we’ll quickly contact the university and replace your teacher.” He wriggled his eyebrows at me.

 

          I smiled, “Ani, it’s okay. No need for that.”

 

          He looked taken aback at my response, “Really?! The Ill-tempered, hold grudging gangster denied an offer to make someone’s life miserable? Are you finally a good girl?” He laughed really hard to his expense.

 

          I just glared at him whilst scowling, “Ani, it’s okay. No need for that. I’, going to be the one making his life miserable, if he got fired, I can’t torture him anymore. You didn’t let me finish.” I playfully scoffed.

 

          “That’s my girl.” He patted my head; I quickly swatted it away whilst glaring at him.

 

 

          After lunch we quickly head to his car so he could bring me back to school but I saw that we were going nowhere near the school. We were heading somewhere, I didn’t know.

 

          I quickly turned towards him and stared at him with suspicion, piercing my eyes through him. I could sense that he sensed me staring at him.

 

          “We’re going somewhere nice. If you’re thinking I’m going to do something to you, don’t. Let’s save it on the honeymoon.” He smirked.

 

          Sending me shock and quickly scowled at him and smacked his arm on the process.

 

          “Yah! I’m driving!” he complained.

 

          “Stop with your erted thoughts!” I yelled and going all frantic.

 

          His voice erupted into a laughed laugh making me glare at him.

 

          He dares to laugh at me?!

 

           I pouted while crossing my arms around my chest and finally turned towards the window to avoid him.

 

          We were silent.

 

          Finally he pulled over. I quickly got out of his car and stared at the wonderful scenery in front of me. I smiled with astonishment; I turned towards L.joe and grinned widely.

 

          “We’re at the beach!” I happily announced.

 

          I heard him chuckle as he look at me with satisfaction. I quickly grab his hand and pulled him towards the shore.

 

          “Wow.”

 

          I took off my shoes and held it as I felt the water reach my feet. I saw that L.joe followed my move and I smiled.

 

          “Let’s walk around?” he offered and I happily accepted.

 

          We were walking side by side as the wind blew out hairs to the side and the water splash beneath our feet.

 

          “Thanks for bringing me here.” I said as I look far up the distance.

 

          I noticed that there wasn’t any single person on the beach so I turned towards L.joe with a bewildered expression and he smiled in response. I motioned up ahead and so I turned to look at the direction.

 

          I saw a picnic mat red and white by a huge yellow umbrella and a basket on the mat.

 

          “Picnic? That’s ours?” I turned to him and he nodded soundlessly.

 

          I beamed and quickly run towards the picnic mat and sat on it.

 

          I turned towards where L.joe was. He was coolly walking towards our spot; with his right hand on his pocket while the other was holding his shoes. I looked up to his eyes and saw that he was also staring at me making me blush and turn around awkwardly.

 

          Finally he reached the mat and sat beside me. We were facing the sea enjoying the sea breeze at the moment. Without saying another word, I lay my head on L.joe’s shoulder.

 

          I felt him tense a bit but then relaxed after a while. I know he was caught off guard by my action, and I know he likes it. I smiled.

 

          "You rented the whole beach for us?" I looked at him with astonishment but still keeping my head on his shoulder.

 

          "Anything to make you happy." I smiled at that.

 

          We were enjoying the quiet time until he broke the silence.

 

          “I heard… Myungsoo…”

 

          He started in a soft voice. I quickly straightened up and look at him. He was smiling sadly.

 

          “He talked to me.”

 

          “I know… Daehyun told me yesterday at the venue.” He hung his head low.

 

          I looked at him with worried eyes and placed my hand on his shoulder making him turn to me still with head hung low.

 

          “You made up? Are you backing out? Are you going back to him? Are”—

 

          He was surprised that he thought that I would get back with the guy. I can’t believe that he’s sad about this. I didn’t know that this would affect him greatly.

 

          So before he could ask me with useless questions, I clamped his mouth with my hand and pouted at him.

 

          “You seriously think I’ll get back to him that easily? Yes, I might have forgiven him, but it doesn’t mean I’ll get back with him.”

 

          I saw him sigh with relief and I felt his lips curl up from my hand. I took my hand away but he quickly held it.

 

          “That’s good.” He pulled me softly to stand so I did.

 

          I was confused and looked puzzled; think what is he up to?

 

          The suddenly I saw him kneel on one knee as his right hand pulled out something from his back pocket. I felt my eyes going to jump out of its socket, finally realizing what he’s going to do next.

 

          “Jo HaeMin, will you marry me?” he smiled at me as he showed me a beautiful ring sparkling because of the sunlight.

 

          I tried playing cool about this and chuckled a bit, “But we’re already engaged. Why are you doing this?”

 

          He didn’t move from his kneeling position and smiled at me, “I want to do it properly.”

 

          I shook my head at his action but smiled nonetheless.

 

          “Babo, of course.” I smiled.

 

          He grinned brightly at me as he put the ring on my finger after that he stood up and pulled me into a tight hug.

 

          “Please don’t leave me. I know, you don’t love me as much as Myungsoo or Baekhyun, but I’m willing to make you happy and I won’t ever hurt you I swear. Please.”

 

          He whispered near my ear.

 

          His words rang inside my head. It made me doubt my decision, it made me think twice.

 

          L.joe… knows how I feel and yet, he chose to pursue me.

 

          “I’ve always been the 3rd guy in your list. I know I can’t replace the 1st guy and the 2nd guy… but I’m willing to work my way up to be your number 1.” He pulled away with a sweet smile on his face.

 

          I blinked, unable to utter a single word to him.

 

          I just smiled at him.

 

 

 

          The next day.

 

          I woke up really early; the sun wasn’t even up when I went out of the house. I put on my earphones and started jogging around Seoul.

 

          The sun had already risen when I stopped at a familiar alleyway. I thought for a moment before entering and finally stepping inside the abandoned dance studio.

 

          I saw that it looked like the way I found it first, dirty and dusty. I looked around the place to find some broom, mop and any cleaning supplies. Luckily, I found a closet full of it at the far end corner of the room.

 

           I cleaned the studio still with my earphones on.

 

          I think I spent 5 hours cleaning the place and I looked around and saw it clean and fresh. I could see myself clearly through the mirror and the floor was spotless, I can freely move around it.

 

          I took the stereo that I cleaned as well and it still works.

 

          What a miracle.

 

          I plugged my phone to it and shuffled through my playlist.

 

 

          I spent the rest of the day in that studio. Dancing, relieving myself from the stress I was feeling.

 

          I wanted to leave all of my worries today; I want to dance it all out, like I used to do back in the days.

 

 

          I think it was nearly 8 in the evening now and from the past hours. I kept receiving messages and calls from everyone. They’re probably wondering where on earth I am, especially tomorrow is the wedding day.

 

          Wedding Day… huh.

 

 

          I decided to lie down on the floor, panting from exhaustion. I looked at myself through the mirror and chuckled at my pitiful state.

 

          After awhile, I felt sleep coming to me and so I closed my eyes drifting myself to slumber.

 

 

 

          The next day, I was awoken by a familiar ringtone. I quickly snapped wake, trying to make myself into sanity. I took my phone in my hand and saw I was right.

 

          Myungsoo Calling…

 

 

          I stared at it for a long time until it flashed red and added the list of missed calls. I looked through my call log and saw that messages from everyone.

 

          I had 301 missed calls and 587 unread messages consist of moms over 50 calls and 90 text messages, dads 50 calls, Baekhyun’s 89 calls and 100 text messages, Daehyun’s 67 calls and 148 messages and the list continues.

 

          HaeMin honey, where are you?

          Why aren’t you home yet?

          Yah! Answer the phone!

          Where are you? Are you with someone?

          Why aren’t you answering your mom’s call?

          Answer the damn phone, HaeMin!

          If you won’t call back in 10 minutes I’m calling for a search party!

          YAH!

          HaeMin, are you alright?

          Answer Please… Don't back out on me.

 

 

          Everyone’s really wondering where I am right now.

 

          I looked at the clock. 5:03 a.m.

 

          I was opening all the messages and deleting it all when I noticed something by the door. I narrowed my eyes at it and saw that it was a food container and a water bottle.

 

          I quickly went to it and saw a note on top of the container.

 

          ‘I hope you choose right. Be Happy :)

 

 

          I grew suspicious quickly and looked around the room and glancing up to see if there was some CCTV or something then outside the door. But there was no one with me.

 

          After eating the food… I finally stood up from the floor and looked around the room. Then another note caught my eye. It was placed on the mirror. I walked slowly towards it.

 

          ‘I’m always right next to you.’

 

          It sounded familiar; I think I heard it before.

 

          But who?

 

 

          I didn’t want to waste anymore time, I took the note and head out of the studio and started jogging towards my house.

 

          I’ve decided.

______________________________________________________________________

 

LOVE LOTS <3

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!