C h a o s

Whispers

Eunhyuk and Donghae had gone outside, to escape the evil atmosphere at home, dragging Sungmin with them. They were sitting in a café away from the prying eyes of fans and the media in disguises. There were happy couples and friends sitting all around them but no one could bring themselves to be happy. Sungmin in particular was deep in thought.

“Hyung, what are you thinking about?” Donghae asked, absentmindedly stirring his cold coffee.

Sungmin shrugged and leaned back in his seat. “I’m just thinking about the man that came to visit us yesterday.”

“As in, the man that found Leeteuk hyung?” Eunhyuk asked. Sungmin nodded solemnly. “What about him?”

Sungmin sighed again before answering. “He looks extremely familiar. I can’t quite figure it out but I swear I’ve seen him and his wife somewhere before.”

“Yeah..we saw him at the police station,” Eunhyuk said slowly.

“No, I mean even before that. Like when I was really little.”

Eunhyuk and Donghae looked at each other, confused. Sungmin saw this and sighed yet again.

“Every time I think about them, an image of my grandfather comes to mind. And he died when I was eight so I must have seen them when I was really young. I just can’t remember when or where.”

Eunhyuk and Donghae exchanged glances and looked back to Sungmin who looked depressed. They didn’t know if finding out who the old man was would help them but hoped that something, somehow, would take them away from their current predicament.

*****

Flashback

The old man dragged in the body of Leeteuk into his mountain village. His wife looked up from her sewing.

“Yobo,” the old man called his wife over, “This is the boy, right?” When his wife nodded he continued. “I think we should perform the ritual tonight. Boss would appreciate it if we did the job quickly.” His wife nodded again and walked off.

Night fell quickly in the mountains and a ring of fire was going in the forest, a little way away from the couple’s house. Leeteuk was lying on a stretcher-like object in the middle of the ring, still unconscious. The eerie light from the fire created shadows. Shadows of things that should not have been there.

The couple were sitting, neither too close nor too far from the fire, in a trance-like state. They whispered something, their voices sounding evil in the silence of the bush, the only other sound being the crackling of the fire.

As the whispers continued, the spirit that had been residing on Leeteuk’s shoulders appeared, a small black bat-like creature with no eyes. It glided over to where the old couple were sitting and the old woman spoke up.

“I, Jo Haeri, order you to do the bidding of hell. Thirteen men are required to bring chaos to the world. Hell commands you to find those thirteen and change them so that they will allow Chaos to rule the world,” she rasped in her throaty voice. It sounded abnormal. Inhuman.

The evil spirit glided around the couple once before returning to Leeteuk’s unconscious body. Slowly, his mellow but exhausted face changed and it contorted into a disturbing expression. The spirit flew into Leeteuk’s chest and a dark aura was visible to everyone as it slowly dissolved inside his chest. A cloud covered the full moon and the ritual was finally complete as the ring of fire vanished into thin air.

“He will awake with his new mission within the next two days. Hopefully no one will miss him much for then,” the old man said.

The couple picked up Leeteuk’s limp body and took him back to their house. It would not be long before their lifelong dream of Chaos’ reign over the world would be achieved.


Just in case you forgot Jo Haeri is the lady from Star King

And the fic is almost finished (just a few more chapters left)

Anyway, please don't forget to comment ^_^