Moving On

Whispers

Sungmin began to walk towards the fire. But someone else beat him to it. The other three watched in horror as he was engulfed in the flames of the fire. And then, suddenly, the fire was like a black hole and began leeching things which looked like shadows. There was a moment when the old couple became a blurry vision. The fire rose higher and continued to the negative energy of its surrounding into it. And then there was nothing. The old couple, like all other bad spirits, had disappeared. Gone for good. But the three men left behind were on their, too shocked to move or speak. It was dawn before any of them spoke.

“I’ll call manager hyung and explain everything. We can’t stay here and mope forever.” There was no response from Sungmin.

“Yeah, you go do that. I’ll try and see if I can help Sungmin.”

The other man walked off and opened his phone to call the manager only to find that there was no reception. “Er…there’s no reception here. May be we should go back down to the bottom of the mountain.”

Though it took a while, the other two finally managed to convince Sungmin to go down the mountain. For about an hour they trudged drearily down the path, silence reigning over them. No one made a sound except for when Super Junior’s manager was called.

“Hyung, it’s me…yes Sungmin hyung and Shindong hyung are with me too…we kind of ran off to the mountains…err…yeah…just come and pick us up and we’ll explain the rest to you then…thanks hyung…and sorry…bye.”

Eunhyuk sighed as he snapped his phone shut.

“Is hyung sending out people to get us?” Shindong asked. Eunhyuk nodded. “I hope they come soon. Sungmin’s in a pretty bad state at the moment.”

Eunhyuk looked over at Sungmin, who was staring blankly out in front of him, and wondered how much trauma he had faced in that one night. He had discovered his beloved grandfather to still be alive but had lost him almost moments after. But the lack of sleep from the night before finally caught on and Eunhyuk was soon snoring gently.

*****

The atmosphere was thick with depression and anxiety. The curse had been lifted from Super Junior but it had cost them dearly. Leeteuk took the blame on himself and had sunken into a kind of depression. Under the influence of the spirits, five of the members had had to commit murder. Leeteuk was taking this the worst and no amount of solacing would bring him back to normal. Kyuhyun and Kibum, being the youngest, had also taken the whole thing pretty badly. But out of all the people, Sungmin had been taking the whole situation the worst.

Eunhyuk sighed softly as he watched Sungmin stare silently out the window. “It’s been almost two weeks. Hyung has not cried once since his grandfather died.”

Donghae nodded. “It would be much better if he cried his grief out. It would allow him to…move on.”

Sungmin heard what they were saying. He should cry and get over it. But the tears refused to come. His brain refused to tell him that his grandfather had died. His heart refused to accept that his grandfather had left him. Again.

That night, Sungmin opened up the small album diary which his grandfather had left him in his will. Aged eight, Sungmin had not been able to understand but he believed he was old enough now. Sungmin opened up the first page and read it.

“Sungminnie, I am no longer with you anymore but you must remain strong. If you ever feel lonely because someone close to you has died, remember this proverb: When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life in a manner so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. This quote gave me strength and I hope it you receive some from it too. Look over this album with this thought in mind and you will have crossed a huge bridge in life. Love from Harabouji.”

The tears that had built up over the last two weeks finally spilled from his eyes as Sungmin read his grandfather’s note. Eunhyuk saw this and smiled sadly. In time, the other members would follow and move on from their inner demons too. With this thought in mind, he moved forward to hug his friend.

*****

In a police gaol cell somewhere, Sungmin’s uncle was a cat with sleek, black fur. Whispering.


YAY!!! My first ever completed fanfic!!!!! *Does happy dance...to 2AM's Confession of a Friend* [read blog to find out]

A/N gaol is jail except the australian spelling for it...

Thank you so much to those who subscribed and commented coz it really meant a lot to me ^_^

If possible, check out my other fic: The Ugly Duckling starring G-Dragon, Jonghyun (from SHINee) and some fictional characters at: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/5229/the-ugly-duckling-gdragon-jonghyun-kwonjiyong-romance