Am I Dead?

Whispers

Sungmin thought his head was about to split open in pain. He clutched at his throbbing skull as he slowly regained consciousness. He remembered vaguely that he had been hit over the head and that Eunhyuk and Shindong had gone missing. His eyelids fluttered as he tried to open them. He tried to sit up but he was clearly failing. He felt a set of arms lift him as he finally opened his eyes. The light inside the room he was in was extremely bright and it took him some time to accustom his eyes to the light. But it seemed quite pointless when he almost fainted after he saw something.

Harabouji?” Sungmin asked incredulously. He looked around the room. “Does this mean I’m dead?”

The old man’s laughter rang in his ears. “No, you’re not dead Sungminnie,” the old man said, “If you were dead then your friends would be too and seeing as at least one of them has almost wiped out my entire stock of food, you are still alive.”

Sungmin still stared wide-eyed at the man who was supposed to have died when he was eight. “If I’m not dead, then how are you alive?”

Sungmin’s grandfather looked sadly at his grandson for a moment and then shook his head. “Still such an inquisitive child I see,” he chuckled, “I will tell you everything but not quite yet. You’ve been unconscious for a while. You should join that chubby friend of yours and eat something.”

It was at that moment that Sungmin’s stomach let out a huge rumble. He hadn’t realised how hungry he was until that moment. He smiled awkwardly at his grandfather who was laughing. His grandfather helped him to stand up and let Sungmin lean on him as they walked to another room. Sungmin became very dizzy when he walked due to the hit he had received earlier. He collapsed onto the floor almost as soon as he got near the table where Shindong and Eunhyuk were eating.

“I’m sorry,” Sungmin’s grandfather said. Sungmin looked at him slightly confused. “For hitting you so hard on the head. I only meant to knock you out for a bit.”

“YOU knocked me out?”

“Err…yeah. I thought if I showed myself then you would probably scream and create a ruckus which would alert the evil couple about you all. So this method was a lot safer.”

Sungmin thoughtfully poked at his food. He had thought his grandfather had died when he was eight. So why was he alive and talking to him at that very moment? Sungmin pinched himself just to make sure he wasn’t dreaming. The pain answered that question. “So…why are you still living harabouji?”

Shindong and Eunhyuk had been too busy eating before to join in the conversation but even they seemed to want an answer to this question. Sungmin’s grandfather sighed and leaned back against the wall. “This is a long story so listen carefully. Though you may have been young but do you remember your father’s younger brother Sungmin? My younger son that is.”

Sungmin nodded. He had always heard that his grandfather had disowned his uncle from his parents but no one knew why. No one really kept in contact with his uncle, but they knew he was a high ranked professor of mythology of a high ranked university but nothing more than that. “Yeah, my parents still talk about him sometimes,” Sungmin replied.

“The reason I disowned him was because of his twisted thinking. He was always obsessed with myths, particularly those concerned with spirits. He used to do things that not only mucked around with the spirit world but also indirectly killed your grandmother. That was when you were about to be born. I did not want a son who messed around with things far beyond his capability and even more so, I did not want a son who felt no remorse after killing off his own mother.”

No one knew what to do as Sungmin’s grandfather began to cry. They passed him a box of tissues which just happened to be on the table with the food. The old man blew his nose and wiped away his tears before continuing.

“But I knew that brat would get up to something. I followed him around even after I disowned out of fear of what he could do. And then that day when I went to the antique store with you, I found a man with as twisted a mind as your uncle. It wasn’t a good thing that these people were in very close proximity to each other. Somehow I knew if I was alive I could not look out for him properly so I faked my death by ‘drowning’. Ever since then, I’ve been following your uncle everywhere.”

All three Super Junior members were shocked. “So what are you doing here in the mountains?” Shindong asked.

“My son seems to have made contact with that evil antique store owner. And his wife happens to be able to see and communicate with spirits. As you already know, they live on this mountain now. They have managed to concoct a plan to bring Chaos to the world. I am sad to say that they will most likely succeed in doing so.”

Eunhyuk did not believe in spirits but had been forced to do so after seeing what had happened to his fellow members. But even so, he was still a little sceptical of the whole thing. “What has this got to do with us?” he asked.

Sungmin’s grandfather smiled bitterly at him. “What is the most powerfully unlucky number in the world?”

“13.”

“How many people in your band?”

“…”

Sungmin’s grandfather shook his head sadly. “They are going to use the thirteen of you to bring Chaos to the world. They will start from the oldest then move down to the youngest then go back to old and then back to the young until they corner the one in the middle.” He looked pointedly at Sungmin

“So uncle in responsible for what’s happening? He’s the mastermind behind this?” Sungmin asked. His grandfather nodded. “Isn’t there a way to end this? Before anyone else gets affected.”

“There is one way…but it requires great effort. Spirits, especially one this evil, are not dealt with that easily."


Sungmin's grandfather is still alive and his uncle is the ringmaster....two more chapters and then it's finished!!!

Don't forget to comment people ^_^