Remembering Through Dreams

Whispers

A six year old Sungmin was strolling along the streets of Seoul, hand in hand with his grandfather. A huge smile was plastered onto both their faces and they conversed with each other. Sungmin was an extremely inquisitive little child and continued to ask a long string of questions to his grandfather.

“Where are going harabouji?” little Sungmin asked.

“We’re going to a very special shop today,” his grandfather answered, ruffling Sungmin’s hair.

“What kind of shop harabouji?”

“A shop where they sell old things. It is called an antique store.”

“What’s an antique harabouji?”

“Antiques are very old objects that are also very special and valuable.”

“What can we do with them? Can we play with them?”

Sungmin’s grandfather laughed at his grandson’s naivety. He just smiled and led his grandson along until they came to the entrance of a large store. Sungmin pushed open the door, with some difficulty, and gasped. The store was full of all sorts of interesting objects. Sungmin let out a squeal and began to explore while his grandfather just smiled and watched him. For almost an hour Sungmin roamed around the shop and helped his grandfather pick out things to buy. They were paying for everything at the counter when something caught his eye.

“Ahjussi, can I please buy this antique too?” he asked, holding up a rusty bronze antique. The salesman saw what Sungmin was holding and his smile disappeared.

“I’m sorry but that’s not for sale little boy,” he said, gently tugging the antique out of Sungmin’s hand, “It’s mine you see.”

Sungmin nodded sadly as his grandfather paid for everything they had brought. As they were about to leave, Sungmin looked once more at the beautiful antique. The salesman did not realise Sungmin was still there and pulled the antique to his chest.

“Only I can own this! Only I can bring Chaos to this world.”

Sungmin was frightened by the man’s behaviour and quickly ran out of the store to his grandfather. He clutched onto his grandfather’s hand as if his life depended on it. His grandfather looked at him questioningly.

“What is it Sungminnie?”

“Harabouji, what’s chaos?”

Sungmin’s grandfather was taken aback. “Chaos? Wha-Who-I mean where did you hear that?”

“I heard the ahjussi at the antique store say it. What does it mean?” Sungmin replied.

His grandfather glanced back at the store nervously. “Don’t worry. You don’t need to know what it means yet. You’ll find out soon enough.” This seemed to be answer enough for Sungmin who went back to asking inquisitive questions about the world around him to his grandfather.

. . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . .

Sungmin woke with a start and almost crashed into Eunhyuk in the process. Eunhyuk had been kneeling beside his bed, staring at Sungmin. Sungmin had been thrashing about and groaning in his sleep which had woken Eunhyuk up.

“Are you okay hyung?” he asked, “It seemed like you were having a nightmare.”

Sungmin nodded weakly. “I think I know what’s going on with the strange members. And who’s behind it.”

Eunhyuk gasped. “What! No way! How the hell did you figure it out?”

Sungmin didn’t answer and dragged Eunhyuk to the living room. He walked to the cabinet sitting in the corner and opened the first drawer and took something out. It was the small antique Leeteuk’s kidnapper(s) had left at the scene of the crime.

“I’ve seen this thing before in an antique store. It belongs to the store’s owner. The owner said that this antique would bring chaos to this world. And you won’t believe who the store’s owner was.”

Eunhyuk could barely stand in shock. “Who was it?” he said breathlessly.

“It was the man who ‘found’ Teukie hyung.”


The fic's almost finished so i got excited and decided to post another chapter up...sorry if it's boring...

Please leave your comments ^_^