The Beginning of the End

Whispers

The following morning, everyone was once again huddled around the table eating breakfast. A disgruntled Kangin had come back after two weeks off somewhere in the mountains filming for his new drama. As there had been no phone reception or internet in the mountains, Kangin had not heard about Leeteuk’s kidnap. However, upon hearing this after his return he began to interrogate the poor leader immediately. Leeteuk’s lack of response had caused Kangin to break out into a rage and now all the members were eating with a heavy mood surrounding them. Hankyung decided it was time for him to intervene and the TV. The news report was similar to that of the previous day.

“The stabbed and mutilated body of another elderly man has been found in another park in Seoul. The police have confirmed that the weapon that killed both men were the same. We are still waiting for more details fr…”

Hankyung quickly changed the channel and suddenly Power Rangers was on the television. Kyuhyun looked at the screen and burst out into laughter. His laughter had a domino effect on everyone else and even Leeteuk was laughing along with them, though his smile did not quite reach his blank eyes. When Heechul yawned loudly, everyone began to laugh harder. Hankyung sighed in relief at having destroyed the evil mood.

Hankyung was washing the dishes, as usual, when Heechul came into the kitchen yawning widely once again. Hankyung turned off the taps and turned to face him.

“Heechul hyung, are you okay? You seem so tired lately,” he asked.

Heechul yawned once again and replied, “I don’t know. My schedule isn’t that full but I seem to be so tired for no reason lately.”

“Shouldn’t you go to a doctor? It could be something serious.”

Heechul just took a glass of water and shook his head. “No it’s fine. I’ll be leaving now. See you later.”

Hankyung watched as Heechul disappeared and silently went back to washing the dishes.

*****

The room was grand. Heck, the house and its grounds were grand. And the owner was the grand master of the plot engulfing Super Junior. He was sitting in his grand study, in a comfortable armchair, reading what looked to be a map in the flickering candlelight. Parts of his face were hidden in shadow, making him appear distorted. He took out a pen and began marking random sections of the paper. He suddenly sat back and smiled.

“Tomorrow,” he whispered, “It will truly begin.”

A black cat appeared out of nowhere and jumped onto the man’s lap. He its silky fur and it purred, a sound that was almost as cold and evil as its master’s voice. The man picked up the sharp knife from the table beside the armchair and without warning plunged into the cat’s heart. A wrangled scream escaped its mouth before it was silenced permanently. Even after its death, the man continued to its fur.

“I’m so sorry. But sacrifices must be made. Consider yourself blessed with your sacrifice my dear,” he said but there was no sign of regret from his voice.

*****

Leeteuk sat cross-legged on his bed as if meditating. Except he was whispering. The sound was vicious despite its low volume. And even though Heechul was at a photoshoot ten kilometres away, he could feel it. An evil spirit seemed to be engulfing him and his head felt like it was about to explode. The pain was excruciating. People came running from all over the place as Heechul collapsed onto the floor, clutching at his head.

“Hey Kyuhyun, I’m going out,” Leeteuk said as he pulled his backpack on.

“Eh? Again? Why?”

“Because it feels like I’m suffocating in here. But don’t worry, I’ll be back soon.”

Leeteuk walked out the front door. About twenty minutes later, there was a knock at the door.

“Wow, that was quick,” Kyuhyun mused as he walked over to the door. But it wasn’t Leeteuk. The manager was supporting a weak looking Heechul and pushed Kyuhyun out of the way as he entered.

“Where’s Leeteuk?”

“He-er-went-um-downstairs to the other dorm. Yeah, he went to the other dorm.”

The manager merely grunted and took Heechul to his room. Kyuhyun went off to a corner and texted the leader.

“Hyung, manger is back. Heechul sick. Come back now.”

Half an hour later, Leeteuk had come back to the dorm and went straight to Heechul.

“What happened?” he asked the manager.

“He had a headache while he was filming and then collapsed.”

Though the manager didn’t see it, Leeteuk was smiling broadly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for commenting ^_^

The real horrow bits start from next chapter....and there may be some gory stuff as well (you have been warned...)