A Strange Discovery

Whispers

The next morning, Heechul sat next to Leeteuk instead of in his normal spot beside Hankyung. Not that Hankyung cared. He was too tired to even notice. He rubbed his sleepy eyes as everyone sat down to eat breakfast. He the TV once again and hoped nothing bad would be on.

“There has been yet another attack on an elderly man. His body was found in yet another park. Though he was stabbed, police are saying this was probably not the cause of death. The stab wounds on the body of the man were not enough to kill him but had caused him to bleed to death. Police are now urging the elderly to not go out late at night and to move about in crowded places.”

Kangin stared the news reporter. “She’s hot.”

Hankyung hit him over the head. “That’s beside the point you idiot. Old men have been dying for the last three days. Someone’s been going around killing them.”

Kyuhyun nodded in agreement. “The streets of Seoul aren’t safe at night. We should be more careful when we go out.” He looked pointedly at Leeteuk who was avoiding eye-contact. Heechul leaned over and whispered something into Leeteuk’s ear. Leeteuk nodded his head.

“What are you two talking about? And why the hell is Heechul hyung leaving his lover boy for the leader. No offense Leeteuk hyung but Han hyung is better looking,” Kangin said, causing Leeteuk to swat at his head.

Hankyung on the other hand barely heard what Kangin said. He was yawning to loud to hear anything but his name. “Hmm? Did somebody say my name?”

Kyuhyun and Kangin jokingly whacked him over the head but Heechul and Leeteuk kept to themselves. The others couldn’t help but notice the dark aura around Leeteuk had spread to Heechul.

****

“So Leeteuk hyung’s been weird and Heechul hyung’s turned weird too?” Eunhyuk asked. Kyuhyun nodded. Everyone but Leeteuk and Heechul had gathered in the dorm on the 11thfloor. Kyuhyun and Kangin had both agreed, for the first time in their lives, that something weird was going on Leeteuk and now Heechul. They had even managed to call Siwon over from his parents’ place.

“What kind of weird?” Sungmin asked, “Yesung hyung weird or scary weird?”

Yesung whacked him over the head. “You said Teukie hyung has been going out at night. Do you know where to?”

“What?!” Siwon yelled, “Hasn’t he seen the news of the old men being murdered. What if he’s kidnapped again or worse-attacked?”

“Even the gentleman agrees the leader is an oldie,” Kyuhyun sniggered.

Hankyung, who was sitting the closest to Kyuhyun, hit him. But the effect was ruined when he yawned loudly and the whole room burst into laughter.

 “What I don’t get,” said Sungmin after he had recovered, “Is why Heechul hyung has turned weird. Leeteuk hyung wasn’t that close to Heechul. So why him?”

“May be it is because they’re from the same dorm. Their beds are next to each other,” said Shindong.

The members all began to argue over the reasons why Heechul turned weird after Leeteuk. Kyuhyun sighed and took out his PMP, waiting for the fight to stop. But inside his head, he was also thinking of reasons why Heechul was the next target. And then something hit him.

“Hyungs! I think I’ve figured it out!” he shouted.

Everyone turned to look at him.

“Leeteuk hyung is the oldest. Heechul hyung is the second oldest. And Han hyung is the third oldest.”

“What do I have to do with anything?” Hankyung asked.

“The days before Leeteuk hyung was kidnapped and turned weird, he was always yawning and really sleepy. For the last few days, Heechul hyung has been really tired and was always yawning. Han hyung, haven’t you been feeling really tired for no reason today. It’s probably because you’re next.”

Hankyung’s face drained of colour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments are much appreciated ^_^