Strange Whispers

Whispers

Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Leeteuk and Hankyung were sitting around the table eating breakfast. Kyuhyun seemed to have forgotten about seeing Leeteuk waking in the middle of the night and carried on as if nothing was wrong. Leeteuk’s bags had gotten bigger and darker after his afterhours adventure. Heechul walked into the room, yawning widely and simply plopped down next to Hankyung. He took one look at his breakfast and fell backwards dramatically.

“Beijing Fried Rice. Again. Why can’t we have something different for once?” he complained.

“Someone woke up on the ugly side of bed this morning,” Kyuhyun sniggered. Heechul shot him a dark look but failed as he yawned again.

“Heechul hyung, are you okay?” Ryeowook asked worriedly, his housewife attitude taking over.

While Ryeowook was fussing over Heechul, Hankyung looked over at Leeteuk who had been silent so far. Normally, in this kind of situation, Leeteuk would intervene before anything happened. Sensing the awkward atmosphere that had overcome the members, Hankyung the TV. The news was on.

“The body of an elderly man stabbed to death was found this morning by early morning joggers. They had gone for their routine morning run in the park when they came across the body next to some bushes. The police have taken the body in for invest…”

Hankyung quickly changed the channel, not wanting to dampen the mood further with news of a murder. Leeteuk snatched the remote from his hand and changed the channel back. This time they were all shocked. Leeteuk had always had trouble stomaching evil murder stories and here he was watching a report on a man who had been brutally stabbed. No one said anything though. The aura around Leeteuk was thick and dark. He seemed almost devil like.

*****

When Heechul came back from schedule at around 9PM, it was empty. He felt incredibly tired and just wanted to go to sleep. He entered the bedroom and suddenly an ear-splitting headache overtook him. Leeteuk was sitting cross-legged on his bed, whispering something to himself. Heechul was too far away to hear what was being said but the sound frightened him.

“Hyung, please stop,” he gasped, clutching at his head.

Leeteuk made no attempt at doing so and the strange whispers continued to echo around the room.

“Hyung, please.”

Still, there was no response.

“HYUNG, STOP!”

Leeteuk jumped and fell forward off the bed. He rubbed his temples and looked at Heechul kneeling on the floor and clutching at his head. The other members had also arrived at this point and were shocked at the position Leeteuk and Heechul were in.

“Hyungs, did you fight?” asked Ryeowook fearfully.

“Are you two okay? You look so shocked,” asked Hankyung.

Leeteuk looked around the room at the other members in the room as if calculating something. He then stood up and walked over to Heechul, offering a hand to help him up. Heechul took it and Leeteuk helped him to his bed. He then turned to face the members.

“I’m gonna go out for a while. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be back soon,” he said, picking up his backpack.

“Hyung, why are you taking the backpack?” Kyuhyun asked.

Leeteuk stopped in his tracks and faced the members. “Because…because it has my-er-disguises. I need to hide from the public you know. I don’t wanna be kidnapped again.”

“Then isn’t it better not to go out at all? Then there’s no risk involved. You’d be completely safe,” said Heechul, his voice slightly muffled from under the covers.

Leeteuk shook his head and walked off, muttering under his breath about needing fresh air. When the others made to complain, they found the front door was already slamming and upon looking out the window, they could make out the figure of Leeteuk running. Kyuhyun sighed and wondered what had happened to his hyung.

Two hours later, only Kyuhyun was up playing Starcraft and Sungmin and Eunhyuk had come down from the other dorm to join him. They heard the front door open, then close and Leeteuk walked into the living room looking bedraggled. There were what appeared to be mud stains running down his white trousers and Kyuhyun remembered something about a stash of money. He mentally slapped himself for thinking random thoughts.

Without looking away from the game, Eunhyuk asked, “So where did you go hyung?”

“I just walked the streets randomly.”

“How did you get mud splattered all over your trousers?” Sungmin asked, tearing his eyes away from the game.

“Mud?” Leeteuk asked. He looked down at himself and nodded in recognition. “A truck came by and splattered my side.”

Though no one questioned him any further, they all wondered what might have happened for their leader to lie to them like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked the chapter ^_^

Do comment ^_^