Into The Woods

Whispers

Sungmin and Eunhyuk had somehow managed to bring Shindong along with them. Kibum had joined the ‘strange members’ that morning and Sungmin had decided he would stop whatever was going on. The three boys were going to the police station to find out about the old couple who had ‘found’ Leeteuk after his kidnapping. Shindong would not stop complaining about this in the car.

“Why are you two dragging me into this? I thought Donghae was your best friend,” he whined.

“Sorry hyung but you were the only one apart from us who didn’t have schedule,” Eunhyuk said. Sungmin was looking out of the car window, too engrossed in his own thoughts. He was silent throughout the whole car trip and only spoke once they were inside the police building.

“I’m sorry to disturb you officer,” Sungmin began, “But I was hoping you could help us out.”

The police officer there was the same one that had been there when Leeteuk was returned to Super Junior. “Sure, what can I do for you?”

Sungmin was having a bad fit of nerves so Eunhyuk decided to intervene as Shindong was still b with indignation. “We were wondering if you could tell us where the old couple who found Leeteuk hyung live.”

“But I’m afraid I can’t do that as it would be a breach of the privacy policy.”

“Please, they did so much for us when they found Teukie hyung and they asked for nothing in return. We want to give them a present but we don’t know where they live.” Sungmin and Eunhyuk stared at Shindong. No one knew that the glutton of Super Junior could act so well. The police officer at least had now been in and was now looking through his computer for the address.

“They live in ------------------------- (insert name of a mountain village)” said the officer.

The three members bowed in gratitude and left. Once they were outside the building they stopped to discuss the situation.

“I think we should go there. Today,” Sungmin said.

“Isn’t today a little too soon. Plus it would be night by the time we get there and that’s if we set out within the next hour or two,” said Shindong.

“I don’t think getting there is the problem but today is a little too soon. We can’t just barge in without a plan,” Eunhyuk said.

“Let’s make a plan then.” The other two stared at Sungmin. “My grandfather always told me that salt gets rid of evil spirits and negative energy. He even taught me a ritual on how to get rid of evil spirits. So we need some salt and some incense. Plus it will be night so we better take a large stack of torches. Just in case”

“Fine we’ll go today,” Eunhyuk said finally succumbing to Sungmin’s plan, “But how are we going to get there. There’s no way the driver will agree to take us there and it would be too suspicious.”

“How about we get disguises and take public transport. If we disguise ourselves well enough, we won’t be found out. And to get away from the driver we’ll just say we’re going to a café to get coffee and we’ll be back soon or something,” Sungmin said. Shindong still looked sceptical of the whole plan but followed the others nonetheless. Soon, there was a fat old grandpa (Shindong), and two pretty girls (Eunhyuk and Sungmin) walking along the streets. They looked like two teenage girls hanging out with their grandfather.

“What I don’t get,” said Shindong, “Is why I am the one dressed up as the harabouji.”

Eunhyuk scoffed at him. “You think you have it bad? I’m a girl with hairy legs who had to cover up with tights. And these high heels are killing me!”

Sungmin could not help but laugh at their predicament. “Don’t worry guys, it’s just until we make it to the mountains. No one should recognise us there.” But even as he said that he tripped a little in his heels.

Approximately an hour later, they were on the train on the way to the mountain village where the couple lived. Though they appeared to be fine from afar, Eunhyuk’s uncomfortable expression and leg scratching as well as Shindong’s continual scratching at his fake beard earned them strange looks from the other passengers. Sungmin was sitting between the two and could barely contain his laughter as he watched the other two. Almost ten hours later, after waking up Shindong who had fallen asleep, they all got off at their destination. It was now approximately 8pm and the stars were twinkling in the clear air of the country sky.

“Come on sleepy heads, let’s go!” said Sungmin and began trudging along the trail that led to the foot of the mountain after putting on his normal sneakers. He saw the other two do the same behind him and then they all set off.

“Is it just me or did it just drop like ten degrees after we entered the forest?” Eunhyuk asked shivering slightly. It was extremely dark inside the forest and all three had their torches out.

“No I felt the temperature change too. It’s so scary in here,” Shindong said, his eyes darting around him nervously.

Sungmin was a little ahead of the others and was concentrating too hard on keeping on the trail that led to the village on the mountaintop that he didn’t pay attention to what the others were saying. All of a sudden he saw that he didn’t have to work so hard to keep on track any more. A large staircase was now visible and it stretched as far as the torchlight would let him see.

“Hey guys, look what I found!” Sungmin yelled as he turned around. But he was talking to no one. Neither of the other two boys was visible and the torch allowed Sungmin to see a long way back down the trail. But there was something there that shouldn’t have been. Sungmin felt something hard hit his head and then he knew no more.


....oh the tension...the drama....what could possibly have happened....

the ringmaster's identity shall be revealed next chapter...(he isn't anyone that i've mentioned in this story so far....he is an OC)

do remember to comment, they are much appreciated ^_^