2

Fatal Attraction

This story is going to flow really slow,so i hope you guys understand. so yeah,Jiho is Zico.  And its gonna be angsty,so bear with me. Thanks a lot for reading,it means a lot to me for those who read my ideas. please comment? Ne?

#####

 

"Come on,shoot it. You said you're the best archer ever. We want to believe it." "No,Zelo will not shoot the bunny." From the top of the roof he witnesses the way a group of boys about his age are trying to force a blonde young teenager to kill an animal. Maybe because they are animals themselves. Animals kill to survive. He is no different,but that fragile boy,who currently coiling his long legs to himself,is different from the rest of their population,quite unique in some aspect. And he always has this urge to protect that boy from any harm. He descends to where they are gathering,mutely leaning his body to a nearest tree.

 

 

"Zelo?" he calls out. It's hard not to laugh at the bullies' perplexed expression as they hear the voice they know so well. The tall blonde boy lifts his face from his knees,smiling wide as he notices his hero's presence,standing on his feet almost excitedly. "Jonguppie hyung!" Jongup ruffles the boy's curly hair as he lockes his thin arm into Jongup's toned one. "Didnt i tell you to stay away from the woods?" The boy,Zelo, smiles sheepishly."Zelo did but he saw a bunny,so Zelo follows the bunny." Jongup glances at the group of bully who are rooted to their ground.

 

 

"Did they tell you to shoot it?" "Yes,with the arrow. But Zelo dont want to kill the bunny. Bunny is innocent." Zelo looks around for the bunny,finding it between the bushes,holding it into his arms. "Did you tell them you dont want to shoot it?" Zelo nods furiously,curly locks slightly slapping against his face. "But they never listen. Zelo is tired of them." Jongup approaches the group,flipping his shuriken (star shaped weapon) between his fingers. "What should i do to them to make them stop picking on you? I shouldnt use violence,right? Or should i?" he voices in silent threat.

 

 

The group diperse within seconds. Zelo chuckles happily,squeezing his bunny out of excitement. "Jonguppie hyung jjang!" Jongup merely nods,stepping toward the training compound. "Jonguppie hyung,wait! Let's go together." Zelo trails behind him like a baby duckling,half skipping with the dreaded bunny still in his embrace. "Just dont trip over your own legs,Zelo-yah." Exactly the next second he says that,Zelo loses his rhytm of his feet thus tangling his limbs together,plopping to the ground with a loud thud. The boy giggles in embarassment before scrambling on his feet.

 

 

"What will you do without me,Zelo-yah." he whispers to himself while waiting for Zelo to catch up with him. Zelo's face is bright red as he walks beside Jongup,it's not everyday he has the chance to spend the day with Jongup. "Zelo wishes someday he will be a jounin (highest ranked ninja)  like Jonguppie hyung,so he wont trip over his own legs anymore." Jongup gives the boy his rare half smile before patting the blonde hair. "You will,Zelo. You will." That,makes the younger smiles wider and breathes a little faster. Breathing out a shy 'Thank you',he continues to stare at the older,just to trip over his own legs,again.

 

 

"Jongup-sshi,Young Master summons your presence on the meeting room this instant." Jongup gives a slight nod to the chunin (middle ranked ninja) before dissapearing in a gush of wind. Jongup face is expressionless as he gets into the room,but for a record,his face is always expressionless. Contarary to his stoned face,his heart is palpitating,he is excited for a new mission,a lethal one at that since Young Master Yongguk personally calls for him. This is ought to be interesting,Jongup thought.

 

 

"Young Master,you call for me?" he says to the figure under the shadow behind the table. The muscular shape of his silhoutte gives this sense of authority,that makes Jongup bows in reflex as the said figure comes into the light. "Yes,Jongup. I have a mission for you." Without blinking, Jongup observes how Yongguk sits on his chair,pulling a large envolope from his desk,handing it over to him rather gracefully.

 

 

Jongup has always idolized Yongguk,he figuratively worship the ground where Yongguk places his feet on. To say he wants to be like Yongguk is an understatement. He wants to live for Yongguk,he is willing to die for Yongguk. And when Yongguk has called for him and gives a new mission by himself,the young master of all people,Jongup cant help his jittery hands as he takes the envolope into his hands. He is shaking out of overwhelmness.

 

 

Yongguk studies Jongup's face as the young jounin scrutinizes the envelope with such curiousity. A small proud smile etches on his lips as Jongup eyes shines as the boy analyses his mission. He has always fond of this boy,the next leader of his generation. Jongup is like a legend in their village. Everyone know his achievement and how Jongup has helped them expand their once small village. Moreover this boy before him is willing to do anything for him. As a return,he will trust this boy as much as the boy trusted him. So he prepares a solo suicidal mission especially for Jongup.

 

 

Yes,he trusts that boy so much that he is willing to gamble with the boy's life. It's an unspoken ninja's way of appreciating someone,to believe that the person is immune to death. And Jongup cant be anymore motivated by this. He's ready to roll. Proudness explodes his whole system as Yongguk gives him the proud smile,muttering "I'm counting you on this Jongup. No one else can do this but you." Jongup nods slightly. "You can trust me with this Young Master. I'll do anything to complete this mission."

 

 

Jongup's body trembles a little as Yongguk approaches him,a long shiny silver blade in his hands. "So recite to me what you should do.", Yongguk demands,putting the blade into its sheath. This is another Jongup had for the older,he always so discreet,more like a perfectionist. He wants everyone to understand everything before getting into action. 'What makes you strong is your head,not your weapon. If you dont use it,you will lose it.' ,that's one of Jongup's favourite quote,bouncing inside of his head when he's about to attack. It did help him a lot. It sounds impossible,but the words makes him gain maturity,faster than anyone else.

 

 

"I have to search for a treasure belong to our client,the key is in a subject hands,given by our client's target. I have to find the key then kill the subject. Take the treasure and key back to client. Now,the jounins are going after the target and i,should kill the subject. I have a month to complete the mission. The pay is extremely satisfying,so i should not fail this." Yongguk nods in approval,tapping his shoulder encouragingly before placing the long blade in his hands. Jongup eyes slightly widens as he stares down at the blade,hands still trembling. He cant believe Yongguk just place his astonishing blade in his almost tainted hands. This blade is historical,how many amazing missons Yongguk had gone through with this blade on his hand. Now what? He will own it?

 

 

"I believe you are completely understand your mission. You should be going." Yongguk turns around to leave the room,leaving Jongup to nurse his awestruck state. But he turns back,leaning against the door frame. "The blade is yours now. I trust you enough to bestow half of my life to you. Make me proud,Jongup-ah." Jongup is basically burning up by that almost fatherly tone,he nods almost eagerly,half shouting 'Yes,Young Master' before he leaves,fading into the darkness of the shadows.

 

 

Yongguk watches as Jongup blends into the shadows,expectation is palpable on his face. He has such amazement toward the boy,Jongup reminds him of his years as a teenager. They resembles each other a lot,in many aspects. He wants to personally get to know him or maybe treat him as a little brother,but ninja dont play favourite. Besides,he does not have much time for leisure activity. He is Young Master Yongguk,the burden of his village rest on his shoulders. But he is happy nonetheless,Jongup respects him so much,too much maybe. But thats fine.

 

 

Jongup stops at a small looking rent house. He plans to rest there for a night before resuming his journey. He collapses on the thin mat staring at the ceiling of the too small room. He is too tired to move after 2 days of travelling,hitching rides here and there. Bringing a horse would be obvious,so he declines the comfort in order to keep a low profile. He still have 4 days of travelling south  before reaching the destination. He should be quick,he should make Yongguk proud. So instead of sleeping,he plans his strategy while reading the provided information repetitively,memorizing it while sharpening his already immaculate weapons.

 

 

The next morning he wakes up with his face squishes to his sheathed blade. He is lucky the blade is covered otherwise his face will not be called as face anymore. Swiftly,he packs his things and continues his travel. The next few days passes by with the same cycle mundanely fills his time while travelling. It is when he is chewing his last piece of raw meat that he notices the familiar scent. He sniffes as the slight breeze comes his way,yes,he is almost there. He jogs toward where the scent comes from,focusing solely on his sense his smell. At last,he stands at the edge of the jetty,wide open sea presented before him. He gives himself a self-congratuly nod before moving to the harbour on his west. Now,he just have to search for the mansion to officially start his mission.

 

 

From the harbour,he scans for any sign of dwelling around the area. There's a lot of houses,but they dont fit the description given to him. The mansion should be big,no,gigantic,with a massive amount of flowers,and an endless stream of lake. It sounds like an exaggeration but maybe the mansion is situated somewhere isolated,seperated from the rest of the noisy world. Jongup sighes. He never enjoy finding houses,the task is a total lackluster and extremely frustrating,he wants to start his mission as soon as possible without having to seek a gigantic house surrounded by freaking flowers and dirty lake.

 

 

"I almost get lost finding the mansion to deliver the telegram,apperently we just have to take the left turn after passing through the farm. The mansion is seriously big,you wont miss it." Jongup's sensitive hearing picks up the words flawessly,he almost thanks he lady luck for being on his side. In a few minutes,he already reaches the farm,now he just have to take the left turn. The straight path looks endless but burning with sheer determination,Jongup sprints his way to the blurry sight of the mansion,eager to lay out his strategy into reality. When the obvious outline of the mansion fills his vision,he hears a car coming his way.

 

 

Where else it will go? With this new piece of information,Jongup nods to himself,standing next to a bush,waiting for the car to pass by him. This is his chance,he thought. The sky is dark by now,he definitely has no problem blending with the shadows. He is a ninja after all. As a ninja,notorious one at that,he is willing to do almost anything to complete his mission. That anything includes throwing himself in front of a moving car,risking his precious ribs and backbone. As stupid as it sounds,it definitely worths a shot.

 

######

 

*sorry for typo-s or grammatical error. im too lazy to prove read.

 

please comment? ne?