4

Fatal Attraction

#####

 

 

"So how old are you? You look our age,you know,with that body and all." Jongup looks up from his plate of bacon,a brow raises questioningly. Jaehyo nods,staring at him expectantly. "I dont remember." The two gawk at the answer. "You dont remember your own age? What are you? Tarzan?" Himchan sniggers,rolling his eyes in mild amusement. Jongup frowns. "I really dont remember. They say i'm 17 but there's no exact proof." Jaehyo chokes over his tea while Himchan almost coughing out his coffee. "What? Does that mean you're 5 freaking years younger than both of us? Whao! And you look too hot for someone who should attend high school." Jaehyo gives Himchan a look that says 'you're soon to be husband is out on the sea and you're being a pedo'. Himchan shrugs. "What? Just saying.."

 

 

Jongup ignores them,focusing on finishing his breakfast,with pain ofcourse,the left side of his face still throbbing painfully. But he finds it’s hard to focus when a beautiful male staring at him like he's the last creature on earth. "I dont have parents too,since i was little. I know how you feel. Must be pretty lonely.", Himchan mutters out of the blue. "Not really." Himchan feels his jaw tightens at the nonchalant reply. Is he really a human,with heart,feelings and all? Noticing this,Jaehyo quickly interceps, "I get pretty lonely sometimes. But i talk to my passengers all the time. And now i talk to you,Himchan. I dont feel lonely anymore."  Himchan smiles warmly,its hard not to love the ever so eccentric boy. "You're so sweet,Jaehyo. I wish everyone is sweet as you.",he cooes,gazing at Jongup to emphasize the meaning of his word. But Jongup doesn’t really get it.

 

 

After breakfast all of them go outside to do their respective work. Bringing a bucket of fresh laundries to the hamper,Himchan keeps a cautious eye to Jongup who currently mowing the grass with a machine and to Jaehyo who is gardening on one side of the lawn. He shrugs in relieve before hanging the clothes on the hamper,happy that everything goes pretty well that day. It is when Himchan is half way toward the house that the regular postman perches in front of their gate,handing a letter to Himchan with a smile. Beaming,Himchan skips to the garden table after thanking the postman.

 

 

 Running a finger across the battered envelope which wrinkled due to being soaked by sea water and dried by the passing wind,Himchan smiles at the way his name is written neatly on the centre of the envelope. Very cautiously he tears open the envolope,taking out a fold of thick papers and reads the words slowly,imaginarily hearing Jiho's voice on the back of his mind. Jiho tells him that everything is fine and he is just a week away from America,and his constant concern for Himchan is endless in each letter telling him to take care of himself and eat well and use the medicine from China he stores if necessary. Himchan's lips twitches into a longing smile as he clutches the papers close to his heart. Yes,he misses Jiho,so much that it hurts like a toothache.

 

 

"Look at him. I bet he really miss his husband. Poor Himchannie.",Jaehyo states,paranoidly moving away from the mowing machine. Jongup turns to stare at Himchan who's now has a sad smile on his face. "Husband?" He didnt mean to pry but it just comes out that way. Jaehyo nods,eyes twinkle as he smiles. "Yeah,Master Jiho is something similar to a husband for Himchan. They love each other,you should look at them,its so beautiful. Oh,Master Jiho is the one who own this place by the way,he's away for business trip to America for about a year and a half. That's why Himchan is sad."

 

 

Jongup gives a small meaningless nod before moving away from the talkative male. He really doesnt care what happen to anyone and he doesnt really want to know,but there is an unknown sensation on the pit of his stomach as he hears that Himchan is in love with this Jiho guy. What is it to him? He really doesnt know. Jongup wanders his eyes all over the mansion,now that he has identified his target,he just have to search the hidden key before killing both of them,though killing Jaehyo might be unnecessary it will be easier that way. That night,when everyone is sleeping,he stealthily explores the place,sneaking into each room to look for the key. He needs to be quick. He has to finish this mission as soon as possible to make Master Yongguk proud.

 

 

Unfortunately,half way through his inspection,a figure groggily pads toward him. It turns out to be Jaehyo who is thirsty in he middle of the night. Jongup curses under his breath as Jaehyo blinks at him questioningly. "What you do here,no sleep? Lost? No toilet here.",he slurs over his words as he rubs his face sleepily. Jongup feigns a terrible cough. "Looking for something to relieve my sore throat. Cant find any." Jaehyo chuckles as he drags Jongup downstairs toward the kitchen. "Silly you. Ofcoz all the medicine are on the kitchen cabinet." Sighing,Jongup reluctantly decides that he should try next time.

 

 

Turns out it's been 2 weeks since he first seeks for the key. Until now he has no clue on where the hell it is,he had look into everything but still no succeed,every nook and cranny of the gigantic house which is the reason why it takes so long. The clock is ticking and he doesnt like the fact that the time for his mission is almost end. He cant believe he wasted the entire 2 weeks by mowing the lawn,fixing furniture,chopping woods,moving heavy things,wiping the countless windows,killing the spiders which Jaehyo hates,gardening and everything that are not ninja related at all. Jongup frowns as he rubs the immaculate marble stairs Himchan deems dusty,glancing at Himchan who is humming off-toned noises cheerfully,placing the evening tea to the table. He never encounters a person who is bossy and ridiculous at the same time before Himchan.

 

 

"Himchannie,there's a letter for you!The postman was here! It might be Jiho's!" Jaehyo's howl echoes around the mansion,defeaning all the sounds around them. With a big anticipating smile etches on his face,he takes the letter to his hands,running a finger on the almost battered envelope due to countless passing around. No matter how ugly the letter turns out,its always so precious to

Himchan since it is from the man he solely love. He always love the feeling of anticipation on the pit of his stomach every week when Jiho's letter is sent to him. It makes him happy and giddy and warm at the same time.

 

 

But his smile drops lips turning into a thin line as he notices that his name is typed on the centre of the envelope,not the usual written by the handwriting he knows so well. Jaehyo and Jongup join him on the table,sipping their tea while watching Himchan's weird reaction. The envelope feels so light and Jiho always write pages of letter to him,so it is safe to assume that the letter is not from Jiho. "What if.." Very abruptly,thousands of unsettled thoughts struck his mind like a shooting bullet. He tries not to think of the worst and acts flippant about it but the anxiety gets the best of him,gnawing at his system like malevolent virus. Heaving a very deep ragged breath,he cautiously tears the seal before pulling out a single paper out of the envelope. His heart skips a few beats as he reads the single sentence boldly written in blank ink on the overly white sheet.

 

 

WE ARE SORRY TO SAY THAT WOO JIHO IS FOUND DEAD ON MONDAY AFTERNOON,THE CAUSE OF HIS DEATH REMAIN UNRESOLVED.

 

Condolence,

Captain King.

 

 

Himchan is extremely aghasted by the news,he reads it over and over again before throwing the paper across the table as if it is poisonous. Hot tears slide down his face as he sinks into his seat,the words playing over and over inside his head like a broken camcorder. It is painful,his heart feels like its been ripped out of his chest,shredded into pieces by invisible blade. Himchan finds himself wailing,making loud weird noises on the back of his constricted throat that he himself didnt recognise. The man he loves is gone,forever,living him alone in this cruel world. The man who has been his everything since 13 years ago,the man that has been the sole reason for him to start smiling again,the man that will do anything to make him happy. His bestfriend,his only love,his other half,have been taken away from him,from the world.

 

 

"Himchan..." Jaehyo and Jongup peek over the paper on the floor,eyes widen at the written agony. Jaehyo instantly pulls Himchan into his embrace,his own tears running down his face as he rubs Himchan's back in attempt to provide some what little comfort for the poor soul. Nothing hurts more than losing the person you love,Jaehyo understands that much. Himchan buries his face into Jaehyo's chest,clawing at the fabric on his torso as a leverage,to discern whether it's just a excruciating dream or mere reality. When he realises that it is in fact the latter,he feels his world darkens. Despite the close contact of him and Jaehyo,he feels so alone,lost into a solitary maze. After a while,the dull throbs on his head dissipated as he succumbed to the incoming darkness.

 

 

"Himchan! Wake up! Dont do this to me!" Jaehyo slightly shakes Himchan who fells limp in his arms,panic starts to kick into his system. Jongup gently pushes him away. "He just fainted. Nothing serious.", he mutters as he lifts Himchan up,bringing him to his room. Jaehyo watches them leave before folding his legs to his chest,crying softly over the lose. Jongup places Himchan on the bed gently,tucking in the blanket before leaning over a wall,watching Himchan's wet and bloated face. He frowns,so hard that he feels a headache coming. He knows what had happened to Woo Jiho,it had been a plan. Now that the major plan is accomplished,he should complete his mission as soon as possible.

 

 

The problem is,he cant find the ing key yet and until then,he cant kill the other two. The thought of Master Yongguk being downright disappointed by him bring shivers down his spine,he cant even imagine how ed up he is if that happens. Sighing,he runs a finger through his hair but suddenly,as he wanders his eyes all over Himchan's room he realises that this is the only room he hasn’t inspect yet. With the skills of a notorious ninja,he stealthily scrutinises every inches of the room. He is grateful Himchan is unconcious,otherwise how else will he be able to explore this room since Himchan really loves staying in his room most of his free time.

 

 

He runs his fingers over every suspicious bulks on the walls and shelf and manages to find about 3 secret safes behind the camouflage. With a piece of specially moulded metal,he succeed in opening all of them,one of the safes takes an hour to be found and another hour to snap it open. None of the safes hold the key he has been seeking for these 2 dreaded weeks. One holds wooden toys and dolls old enough to be around before he was born. Another one hold every letters and cards Jiho had gave to Himchan and some documents and title deed of the mansion,proved to be his if the current owner(Jiho) deceases. So Himchan is basically a very rich man now.

 

 

The last one holds stacks of money, jewellery and gold, and Jongup wonders how filthy rich is Jiho to be able to give Himchan all that fortune. It is enough to build a new village for his people. No wonder he was a target of an assassination,someone is craving over his wealth. Them,ninja-s are paid to do stuffs,they dont care whether justice and fairness exist in their mission,they just go with the flow,an invisible on at that. That's how it works. It's a win win situation,as long as they complete their missions."Where is that ing keys!"The time is crawling fast by now,the pressure of not disappointing his mighty leader accumulates on the back of his head,building stress in his usually composed mind. He is not ready for a failure,he isnt build to face one. He rather die than not finishing his simple mission. So for the coming days,he does nothing but scanning his eyes all over the mansion,a gigantic one at that.

 

 

A beautifully engraved pot from China is delivered to their door one gloomy morning. Himchan who is still mourning over the lose,drops down to his knees as he takes the pot into his hands holding it close to his chest. He cant believe the man who had shared kisses with him on daily basis is now turns to ashes. Droplets of tears trickle down on the pot as he grazes his fingers lovingly over the engraves,small smile creeps up his lips. Jaehyo approaches Himchan,giving a light squeeze to his shoulders. Jaehyo holds out his hands,wearing a genuine smile. "Let's go." "Ok." Himchan grasps Jaehyo's hands as he being pulled up. Both of them stride toward the lake on the backside of the mansion.

 

 

Final words being spoken and farewell accompanies his one last whisper of 'i love you' ,Himchan pours Jiho's ashes into the lake,their favourite lake. He wipes the last batch of his tears as he watches the ashes mold with the water almost naturally. Jaehyo says goodbye too,regretting not being able to know him further than knowing just his name. Himchan takes a deep breath,staring at the sky,relishing the way the slight breeze brushing over his face,as if trying to soothe his sorrow heart. He will not cry anymore. He will be strong for Jiho. He can even hear how Jiho says he hates to see his beautiful face being tainted with tears. Looking forward,he gives himself a slight nod. He has to live this life for Jiho. He didnt live to regret. Time to start anew. "Jaehyo,lets get some business started." Jaehyo trots behind him,blinking confusely. "What?"

 

 

#####

 

sorry for the late update...too much homework..