17

Fatal Attraction

It feels so wrong. It is too quiet. It feels so tense. The tense intensifies as the Himchan and Jongup make their way to the hut,frown unintentionally etch on their face as they silently approach the hut. The mutual feeling of being rushed forcing them to broke into a small trot to the hut,they didn’t know what to expect but the nagging sensation of something disturbing on the pit of their stomach trigger them to storm into the hut in panic. “Aaaarrrggghhhhh!” Himchan’s loud screeching scream breaks the silence of the evening,awaking Jongup’s every sensation. “No..no...no.” Besides Himchan’s loud chanting of ‘no’s,Jongup could not hear any single sound around them. Instead he stands motionless,eyes train on the dreadful sight before him. His breath seems to be caught on his throat as he tries to make sense of the situation before him.

 

How can he calm down when Jaehyo’s lifeless body is displayed so openly before them,with the blood literally oozing out of the fresh wound on his slaughtered throat. By now,Himchan’s breath has turned choppy and short as he wails breathlessly,pulling Jaehyo’s stained body close to him. That boy,the one who has been goofing around with him while showering less than half an hour ago,has now reduced to a lifeless shell,reeking of blood and muddy earth. That boy,the one that has always been so loud now laid soundlessly on the muddy ground he deemed filthy. The boy,the one that always has the brightest expression on his face,now turns gravely pale and dull,his usually pinkish cheeks now smudged with his own red blood. Jaehyo hates red. Jaehyo hates the muddy ground. And now why he is full of them?

 

 

“No..no...Jaehyo...please don’t do this to me..wake up..” Himchan helplessly glances at Jongup,practically begging him to do anything to make Jaehyo awake again. Jongup still couldn’t grasp this whole ordeal into his perturbed mind. Why? He had vowed to keep them safe with his own life. Why this happens? Why Jaehyo is lying on the floor not moving? Why isn’t he breathing? He half prays that Jaehyo just playing a sick joke on them,silently hoping that Jaehyo will wake up laughing at their faces so hard that his face turns red,like always.

 

But that didn’t happen. Jaehyo didn’t wake up from his eternal sleep and Himchan didn’t stop crying. That means something. It is then he realise a rather scratchy handwriting splayed over the wall with bright red ink,which he assumes he knows where it has came from. ‘Found you’ it written. Short and simple yet more threatening than ever. No,they can’t find him. No this can’t be happening.  They can’t do this to him. They didn’t just kill Jaehyo. That can’t be. Jaehyo couldn’t die like this. But as he watches Himchan cries desperately with the person who had been their close friend,drenching himself with the messy hot blood,this situation suddenly becomes all too realistic for him. With his shaking knees,he approaches Himchan,his eyes examining on how damaged is the wound on Jaehyo’s throat. Only a sword will do this kind of damage. The ninja-s.

 

“I...i failed him...i caused this...i ‘m the cause of all this mess..It’s my fault...” Once again,Jongup feels himself shaking uncontrollably as he cries silently,his quiet wails slowly accompany Himchan’s loud mournful cries. “Don’t leave me. Don’t leave us,Jaehyo. Please.” Jongup silently trains his eyes on Jaehyo’s  face,even in his death,Jaehyo still look so playful, so carefree with a small smile on his bluish lips,a major contrast to the mess of redness all over his body. Maybe he knows his time is up,or maybe he didn’t want to worry them anymore with his constant whines. He was a grown up after all. “It’s my fault...I’m so sorry...I’m so sorry...” Jongup gathers enough strength and consciousness to cup Jaehyo’s cold face,his normally soft skin feels so coarse against his palms.

 

“Please,i’ll do anything. I’ll listen to your whines,i’ll give you everything you have wanted. Just don’t just lay down like this,please wake up.” Himchan’s desperate pleas filter vividly through Jongup’s ears and he couldn’t help wanting the exact same thing. The stickiness of the thick blood never bother them as they keep on wailing over the lose,keeping Jaehyo’s lifeless body close to themselves. But Jongup knows they can’t stay like this forever. They have to leave. Now. Or they will experience the exact same thing. “Himchan,we need to get out of here” he quietly mutters  after his voice fails him a few times. “I can’t. We can’t leave him alone” the older whimpers,finally pulling away from the corpse to bury his head on the other’s chest. Jongup swallows,talking seems like an extreme difficulty for him now.

 

“We have to.” Himchan looks up at him with his swollen eyes and stained cheeks,tears glimmer under the vague lighting. “Jongup please i..” “We have to. I ..i have f..failed to save him so now i can’t disappoint him by losing you too. We need to leave this place,Himchan.  Right now.” Himchan finally relents after a whole minute,muttering a not so audible ‘okay’. The next half an hour Jongup gathers whatever strength in him to build a coffin out of the wood,decent enough for Jaehyo to rest in peace. He has made a shrine out of the carriage,where he places the coffin inside. Jaehyo’s body feels so heavy on his arms as he carries the corpse to the coffin after Himchan has cleaned the body and change his clothes to one of his newest favourite shirt.

 

“You’ve been one of my bestest friend so far despite your nosiness,despite your exaggerated reaction,despite all the paranoia you had. I love you for the way you are and i never regret every single second i spent with you as my friend. Thanks for willing to put up with me,to stick by my side when it’s the hardest and thanks for everything single thing you have done for me,every compliments you have given me,every comfort you have provided me with whenever i feel so low. T..thanks for everything Jaehyo...Thanks for being my friend..Please rest in peace. Don’t worry about me,Jongup will try his best to protect me and I’ll do just the same for him. Goodbye. See you soon. And please say hi to Jiho if you happen to meet him up there.” His farewell speech ends without other tears. He can’t cry,he shouldn’t cry. They will survive this. They will face this ordeal calmly. He makes himself think that way.

 

“Thank you.” There’s a whole more thing he wants to say,but he guesses Jaehyo will understand him. He is not as dense as he appears to be. He will get the message. Jaehyo can even read his mind after all. They place the flowers they had gathered in front of the carriage. “Let’s go” calls Jongup,reaching out his hand to Himchan who takes it silently. Jongup helps Himchan mounts on the horse before following suit. With a last longing glance to Jaehyo’s last sanctuary,they speed away from the sacred place,leaving everything else behind as they gradually disappears into the welcoming darkness.

 

#####

im sorry for doing this on block b's comeback..but...yeah..things have to happen...

*sob in a corner in self-regret*

 

btw:epic mv, very good..block b..killing me..

 

rip jaehyo...==