3

Fatal Attraction

######

 

BAM! A loud screeching sound and a soft thud is enough to raise the panic in the air. Jaehyo screams loudly a second after the car knock into something solid,his feet almost embeds into the brake pedal due to excessive force. Himchan body jolts in surprise,string of curses escapes his innocent looking lips as his brain tries to process what in the world is happening. Himchan turns to face the crying Jaehyo wearing a bewildered face.He expects himself to have a nice long night rest after a whole day of shopping but now what?

 

 

"Himchan,i just knock into a person. I knock into an innocent person. I'm going to hell.",Jaehyo half shouts between his hiccup. Himchan face turns serious as he half slapping half caressing the tears away from Jaehyo's face. "Yes,Jaehyo,you did knock into a person,but no,you will not go to hell if you stop crying and help me checking on his condition. I dont think he's dead yet. Come on." Jaehyo freezes at the word 'dead' but he musters all his courage to follow Himchan out of the car.

 

 

Himchan takes a cautious step toward the male lying on the ground on the stomach,with a shaky hand he attaches his fingers on the person's wrist,feeling for his pulse. He heaves a relieve sigh as he senses a faint pulse on the tip of his fingers. Himchan waves a hand to beckon Jaehyo to him,ordering him to help him flips the person over. Jaehyo staggers to Himchan's side,trying not to look at the small patches of blood tainting the ground. Together,they manage to flip the person to his back,gasping as they see the blood covers half of his face,his forehead is bleeding profusely,endless stream of blood trailing down his face.

 

 

"Himchan,i feel sick. I can’t breath,too much blood. I really can’t...." Jaehyo is wheezing by now,face turning slight yellow due to the lack of air. Himchan groans,patting Jaehyo's back slightly. "Listen,just keep your eyes elsewhere when we take him into the car,ok? We'll take him home since the hospital is a thousand miles away. Now,be a good butler,help me get him into the car. I'll drive." Jaehyo stares at Himchan in disbelief. "You can’t. Master Jiho said..." Himchan cuts him off with a smack on the head,making the boy yelps childishly. "Who the cares what he said. He will not know about this unless you want to kill yourself,got me? Now stop being a ing baby and let’s help him before he dies and you'll go to hell for it."

 

 

Jaehyo reluctantly nods,half stunned by Himchan's powerful tone. Rushingly,they lift the poor male up,dragging him into the backside of the car. Himchan hops into the driver sit,waiting for Jaehyo who sheepishly sits to his side,keeping his eyes away from the bleeding male. Himchan drives without hesitating,the journey is rather smooth,as if he is a professional. Impressed by this new side of Himchan,Jaehyo's mouth agapes as he stares at Himchan in awe. "What? I know how to drive,ok? Jiho taught me,but he's too stupid,telling me it’s dangerous to drive a car without him by my side. What is he? My husband?" Jaehyo just laugh at that.

 

 

After they arrive,they spend an entire 30 minutes to cross the lawn,going upstairs,searching for empty room,and finally placing the unconcious male on an empty bed.It's very exhausting especially when Jaehyo is trying to stay as far as he can from the bleeding male without actually dropping him. "Jaehyo,fetch me a bandage and some healing herbs in the kitchen cabinet,Jiho claimed the herbs from China can heal everything. I'll clean him up." Jaehyo abruptly dashes out of the room,eager to be away from the unappetizing sight of blood.

 

 

Himchan returns from the bathroom with a basin of cold water and a large towel. Cautiously,he wipes away the blood from the man's face. When his face is almost taintless,Himchan can finally see the clear face of the victim."What a gorgeous face you have,young man. I'm sorry we hurt you.", Himchan mumbles silently as he dabs the wound on the forehead with cold water to stop the bleed. When he finishes,he continues to stare at the man's face and body while waiting for Jaehyo's return. "What a muscular arms you have. I should suggest Jiho to work out his arms. So beautiful." Himchan fingers trails along the bulks of his tanned arm,admiring how firm it is under his touch.

 

 

"Ehem...Himchan,i dont think Master Jiho would like that. You just dont touch an unconscious man's arms out of the blue. That's inappropriate.", Jaehyo chips playfully. Himchan snatches the stuffs in Jaehyo's hands,muttering 'shut up' as his face heats up,reddening slowly. He then carefully smears some blended herbs to the wound on the victim's forehead before coiling a clean bandage around the head.After cleaning and treating the injury on the other part of his body,Himchan wraps the blanket around the victim's body,letting him rest until he decides to wake up.

 

 

"Do you think he'll ever wake up? What if he's down for coma? Do you think someone will arrest me?", Jaehyo's voice is full of anxiety,mainly for himself. He cant picture himself being lock up in a jail,it's horrifying. Rolling his eyes is what Himchan does as he flips over his pancake for breakfast. Jaehyo is practically living with him now,in the mansion. He was grateful,it's not as lonely as living alone,though he has to cope with Jaehyo's endless anxiety. The boy is anxious for almost everything. Paranoid is maybe a better word to describe Jaehyo's reaction toward everything. And now Himchan has to deal with Jaehyo's current self mortification toward his mistake. Himchan doesn’t understand though,they never see the person crossing the road when Jaehyo was driving so how the hell Jaehyo managed to hit the person. It's not really his fault,he can say that much.

 

 

"No one going to arrest you and he will wake up for sure,he is still very much alive. Now eat,then we can go fetch a doctor or something to check on him." Jaehyo complies,silently chewing his pancake while glancing at the stove every few minute,afraid that the stove might explode out of the sudden. Ofcoz,he's just being paranoid. Himchan cleans the kitchen before sinking on one of the seat to eat his breakfast. It’s been 18 hours since they bring back the unconscious male and he is still in deep abyss of darkness,forgetting to wake up.

 

 

"Oh no! The brake pedal isn’t working! And the engine breaks down too! We cant use the car. We can’t go to the town. We will die of starving. He will not wake up and i'm going to jail." Jaehyo dramatically bangs his head to the steering wheel,Himchan on his side already sputtering curses,getting out of the car and slamming the door as hard as he can before kicking the already dented front bump. "ing bull. What did i do to deserve this?" Jaehyo slips out of the car almost hesitately. "I'm so sorry,Himchan. Please dont be mad at me.",he whispers,twiddling his fingers nervously. Himchan's heart softens at that. "I'm not mad at you. Let’s just...just go inside and wait until he's awake,ok? Then i'll figure out what we'll do next." "Ok"

 

 

From the gap between the curtains Jongup observes as the two trudge dreadfully into the house. He gives himself a knowing nod before throwing himself back into the bed,lifting the blanket up his chin,closing his eyes and pretends like nothing ever happens. Pretending that he is not the mastermind behind the damages of the car. When Jongup finally 'awake' to a concern face staring down at him,he predicts a painful death for the man who is currently yelling on top of his lungs on his face. "Himchannie! He's awake! He can move his body! That's a good thing!" Jongup covers his ears in agony,silently inching away from the other eccentric male.

 

 

Loud footsteps echo off the walls before a blurry flash of black and white invades his vision,and when he finally manages to adjust his eyes,he finds himself drowning into the beetle like orbs that blinking anxiously at him. The depth of the blackness of his iris almost possessing him,luring him into another world where infinity engulfing him,leaving his imaginations sketch into actions. As he travels his eyes all over the new presence's figure,he finds himself holding his breath,he's not sure why. But what for sure is he never know someone can be this beautiful,this ethereal. What? He didn’t just call someone beautiful,right? Especially when he's about to assassinate them. He shakes his head before backing away from the beautiful male as far as he can. He has to be professional.

 

 

There is an awkward tug in his heart as the male crawls closer to him,small reassuring smile grazes his lips as he brings up a hand to check his temperature. "Shh..dont be afraid,we're not gonna hurt you...anymore.. Do you remember who you are?" The warmth of the male's palms sends jolts of electricity on his cold skin as the male cups his face. He can’t fathom why his heart beats a little faster and why he is nodding almost thoughtlessly. All he knows is that he doesnt feel any kind of disapproval even when the male is touching his face in almost invasive way.

 

 

" Do you remember your name and where you're from?" the husky voice sails to his ears like a piece of symphony,calming his ever perturbed soul. Involuntarily he whispers out his name,his eyes not leaving the other's captivating orbs. "Jongup. Where i'm from should remain unknown since it's not anyone's business." He averts his gaze at his last word,wondering why he's not being himself as he locks his eyes with the pretty male. He never talks that much to a stranger. Well,its not like he'll spell out the other's beauty out loud though. He is not a love struck teenager,he is a ninja,notorious one at that.

 

 

Himchan and Jaehyo gasp at the boldness in Jongup's words. Himchan inches away from Jongup,finding it is unnecessary to be concern after all. "Well suit yourself,Jongup-sshi. We are just trying to be nice to you. Looks like you dont need that. Now just tell me the numbers,so we can end this fast and smooth.", Himchan sputters,hands raising to solidify his dissatisfaction. Jongup blinks in confusion,what did he say to provoke such reaction? That's how he should say if someone ask,right? He was taught that way. "What number?" Jaehyo looks confused too. "Yeah,what number,Himchan?"

 

 

The redness that ades across his pale cheeks indicating incoming anger. A restrained one that is waiting to be unleashed. "What numbers? Well dont act innocent on this! I know you have handsome face and all but dont expect me to be fooled by your deceit! I know you purposely plan this whole accident so that you can demand costly compensation from me. Ofcoz you'll choose our property as the acting scene,we have the biggest house anyway. And ofcoz you won’t tell us where you're from since we'll report you to the authority. Now,what?" his accusing rants did nothing to intimidate the injured male much less change his ever so expressionless face.

 

 

 Jongup brings his gaze out of the window,staring at the world beyond. He mentally sighs,he didnt ask for this. "I dont get it.", Jaehyo voices instead. Himchan scrunches his face in exasperation before adding,"Dont you get it? There haven’t been a single accident since me and Jiho live here which is a miracle if you managed to witness his driving skill,and you're the most meticulous driver i ever met,Jaehyo. You wont even pass over a stop sign without looking to every corners. So this proves that you cant knock into him unless he knock into you first!" "What?" "Yes,he thrown himself to the car then act like it was your fault,Jaehyo. I've been thinking about it and the longer i ponder on this matter,the more realistic the answer i gain. So,Jongup-sshi,if you dont want me to press this issue further,tell me the numbers then i'll be glad to show you the money and the exit."

 

 

This is what Jongup learnt if situation like this resurface out of sudden: just go with the flow. "I have no home,no parents,no money. The orphanage let me go to work here,but no one trust me. I've been starving.", he finds himself uttering. His eyes droop down suitably. The burning rage in Himchan's heart immediately cools down,replaced by a sudden empathy instead. He had been in the boy's shoe years ago,before he met Jiho. It was painful,truthfully. "I dont know how much i want,just give me anything. I'll go away once you give me something,anything at all." Himchan feels like the cruellest person ever,accusing the boy without further investigation. He stares at the boy who now looks so vulnerable,so fragile,looking younger than a minute before.

 

 

Jaehyo nudges his side,his eyes already teary."Let's keep him. If not,he will involve in that kind of crime again. Please?" Himchan sighes as he sits on he edge of the bed where the boy is resting,face remains in single expression though his story just made Jaehyo cries. "Hey,i know i kind of harsh earlier,im sorry. So,maybe you can stay if you want,to work of course. I'll pay you weekly." Jongup's eyes light up. "Ok."

 

 

Himchan nods,a relieved smile presents on his lips. "You'll start once you're healthy enough. I'm Himchan by the way. This is Jaehyo,the driver. This is your new room maybe." Jongup wanders his eyes to their faces,a second longer on Himchan and then all over the room. "Ok." Himchan feels his brow twiches at the lack of enthusiasm in Jongup's reaction. "Can’t you speak more? Are you not happy with me?" Jongup raises a brow. "No." "So does that mean you happy or not happy with me?" Jongup almost gives Himchan an incredulous look. He never encounters such sassy-ness before. "Not exactly happy." Himchan grits his teeth,stomping to the door dragging the guffawing Jaehyo with him. "Good night,Jongup-sshi. I'll see you tomorrow. I hope you'll be fit enough to work." With that the light being switches off,leaving Jongup in the dark,smirking at his victory. "Ought to be interesting."

 

 

#####