1

Fatal Attraction

"Good morning,sleeping beauty. Rise and shine." Himchan wakes up to found Jiho is staring down at him,pressing his plump lips to the sleepy boy's cheek. He groans as Jiho throws his blanket across the room,pulling him away from the bed rather excitedly."Wash up and join me at the kitchen. Dont take too long,princess.",Jiho said as he shoves Himchan into the bathroom. Himchan mumbles to himself as he scrubs his body,"Why is he up too early,that's so unlike him. The sun is not even up yet. Why is he in the kitchen? Kitchen? Oh no,dont tell me he tries to cook..oh gosh.."

 

Rushingly,Himchan washes away the soap from his body,slipping into the bathrobe and makes a mad dash downstairs toward the kitchen. "Woo Jiho! Dont you dare get close to the stove or else you're going to burn down..." his frantic voice trails as a proudly smiling Jiho comes into his vision,2 plates of half burnt pancake on his hands."...the whole house." Jiho places the food on the table before gently gesturing Himchan to sit on his chair. Himchan eyes the food cautiously.

 

"Look,its edible! Its not totally burnt like last time. And i manages to keep the stove safe and clean," Jiho states,proudness shines on his handsome face. Himchan eats the too brown pancake with a smile,holding back his gag reflex as he tastes some of the burnt part. "It's edible indeed. You're making good progresses,Jiho. I'm so proud of you." Edible is a strong word but Jiho cant complain,atleast Himchan eats his food. Half burnt at that. "Oh,thank you. Maybe i should consider being a chef one day." Himchan chokes at that. "No,please dont." "I'm joking."

 

 The next few minutes are filled with silence as both of them trying to finish their breakfast. Neither of them dare to bring up the disgusting taste. "Maybe next time i shouldnt cook." "Good idea." Both of them laugh at that,still trying to finish Jiho hardwork. "Why did you cook for me? You're up too early and you,of all people,wakes me up. You scare me for a second.", Himchan askes as he stares at Jiho expectantly. "Oh,nothing. I just want to spend the whole day with you.I just love seeing you eat my food,wearing your favourite bathrobe. It makes me happy.", Jiho jokes,laughing maniacally as Himchan squeakes before storming to his room upstairs to put on a decent clothing

 

. After breakfast,Jiho helps Himchan with the house chores since he has a day off work. He does chores like rubbing the stairs,wiping the countless window,cleaning the toilet,fixing broken chairs while Himchan does the laundry and lunch. He throws himself onto on of the couch,exhausted to the core of his young body. Himchan sat beside his legs,chuckling softly as he hands him a glass of juice. "I dont know how you do all that,i dont even know there's a library downstairs. If i know it will be tiring and complicated to keep this ancient mansion clean,i wont have suggest us to live here. My back is hurting." Himchan softly rubs Jiho's back soothingly,smiling as Jiho relaxes under his touch. "Maybe you should stay home more often. You can do all the things that i cant,look,you even fix the chairs. Thats amazing." Jiho gives him an incredulous look. "So all of this is just a scam? How could you trick me like this." Jiho tackles him down,brushing his fingers to every sensitive spot on Himchan's skin,making the pretty male giggles giddily. "Stop,haha..."

 

After finishing all the works and drink their evening tea,they resolve to hang out on the lake on the backside of the mansion."So why did you take a day off bussiness today?" "I've told you,i want to spend a whole day with you." Himchan smirks before splashing the greenish lake water to Jiho's face. "Oh,that's so sweet.",he cooes sarcastically. Jiho counters his splashes,muttering 'i'm serious' with an almost shy smile. They keep on splashing the murky water drenching their clothes until Jiho decides it's funny to see Kim Himchan snaps by lifting him up just to throw him into the shallow lake.

 

"Yah Woo Jiho! Dont you dare running away from me,you sick lunatic moron!" Himchan runs after Jiho rather comically,they keep on running on the open field until the two collapse to the grass,tiring themselves completely. They lay on he grass,staring up at the evening sky where orange and black molded together in harmony,enjoying the slight breeze grazing their face. After a while,Himchan flips his body to stare at Jiho,his expression is serious. After 13 years of living with Jiho,he has learnt how to read the boy's eyes.

 

"You have something to tell me. What is it?" Jiho sighes before sitting up,when Himchan does he same,he coils their fingers together. Heart pounding,Himchan patiently waits for Jiho's explaination. "I have a bussiness trip to America tomorrow. You know where America is,right?" Himchan nods,he knows where is it,Jiho has teached him the map not long ago. "Its too far. H..how long will you stay there?" His attempt to conceal his dissapointment fails as his voice creaks a bit. Jiho grasps his hands soothingly.

 

 "Maybe a year and a half? They say bussiness there is very satisfying,since there's bazaar reserved for the people all over the world. I can get good barters with them. I'll buy everything that you want like whale bone powder from China,spices from Malaya,textile from India and many more. I can expend my bussiness too." Jiho enthuthiastic rambling stops as he sees the gloomy look on Himchan's face. If anyone ever ask him what he truly wants,he'll say he wants to spend every minutes with Jiho,just like today. The said boy silently rises on his feet,walking away to home wordlessly. Jiho watches him goes,troubled sigh escapes his lips.

 

Himchan lays on his bed,trying to sleep without eating dinner. A year and a half is a very long period indeed,he cant picture himself without Jiho close to him. Ofcorse he is left alone everytime Jiho goes to work,but as soon as he comes back home at night,he is practically showers by Jiho's undivided attention. Eventhough he's tired after all day selling,he never complain or scowl,he just smiles and praises Himchan cooking skills for every dinner they had. He knows he cant keep Jiho forever to himself,Jiho is a grown man,he should decide his own life.

 

Who is he to hold Jiho back anyway? He is just a mere human,given to Jiho for his 10th birthday. Yes,his dad was rich enough to buy him a companion instead of toys. He didnt remember how he ended up being sold on a black market,but he did remember how his poor parents sold him to a street hawker for money.

 

Himchan thought Jiho was going to abuse him,treating him like dirt just like everyone else,but he was wrong. Jiho treated him like a friend,bestfriend at that. Jiho shared everything with him,and taught him everything he'd learnt at school since Himchan was not attending. They basically grown up together When they were 17 and were officially orphans,Jiho brought him to live in an ancient mansion near the harbour,the one that was willed to him before his father died. From there,Jiho started to get involved in bussiness,opening up his own stall along the harbour.

 

He never let Himchan helped him,telling him it was dangerous for a beautiful person like him to wander around the busy harbour,he would be the target of kidnapping. So Himchan stayed at home,doing everything a good housewife would do,waiting patiently until Jiho came back. 

 

Now Jiho's dream is almost accomplished,he shouldnt've stop him,he should support his endless passion for bussiness. He didnt have a heart to swipe off that happy smile on Jiho's face just because he's lonely. No, that is wrong. It's not like Jiho will go forever,right?

 

Jiho slips into Himchan's bed that night,staring at Himchan's back before wrapping his arms around Himchan's slender waist. He heaves out a relieve breath as Himchan finally turns to face him. "Hey,maybe you can come with me tomorrow. We can travel to America together." Himchan shakes his head with a smile. "We both know i am dead afraid of the open sea and ships. Unless you want me die of throwing up,you are allowed to bring me along." Jiho chuckles at Himchan playful tone.

 

 

 

Coiling their fingers together,Himchan stares deep in to Jiho's orbs conveying unspoken appreciation. "Jiho,it's ok. I'm going to be fine. I've think about it when i lay down,maybe i can get involve in volunteer stuffs at the folks home or maybe i can marry off a rich man and have a lot of babies. I wont be lonely,i promise. I can take care of myself.",he said confidently. Jiho nods approvingly.

 

 

 

"Thanks for understanding,Himchannie. I promise i'll be a better man the next time you see me,so dont marry off rich stranger and have babies. But volunteer stuffs is good." Both of them laugh at their silly talk,so loud that it echoes around them. No one will hear anyway,they are completely alone in the mansion. "I will miss you a lot,Jiho." "I'll miss you more.", Jiho whispers before bringing his lips dangerously close to Himchan's red,puckered lips.

 

 

 

As Jiho connects their lips together softly,Himchan immadiately replies,faster than he ever done,hoping that Jiho might change his mind if he kisses him the right way. It is a silly thought,but it is soothing to say the least. Warmness spreads into his whole system as Jiho moves his lips coaxingly,he latches back his lips to meet Jiho's pace. Their lips are moving in perfect synch,their ways of whispering silent promises. Jiho runs his tongue on Himchan's bottom lips making the boy shudders but before anything,Jiho pulls back almost instantly,looking rather embarassed.

 

 

 

"No,maybe not. We shouldnt.", Jiho voices a he pulls the blanket over their body,preparing to sleep. Himchan nods in agree. "Maybe not." They want to keep their kisses as friendly as possible,they are bestfriends,bestfriends dont have romantic feeling for each other. Ofcorse they love each other and kiss awfully a lot,but they dont love each other that way. They value their friendship a lot,a little thoughtless desire might ruin what they've build for years.

 

The next morning,after checking Jiho's luggage for he 6th time,they finally make their way to the harbour. They go there by a car,their car,driven by a new driver Jiho has hired for Himchan,so he can go wherever he wants after Jiho leaves. Himchan reluctantly hands over Jiho's luggage to the cabinboy,trying hard not to stare at the creepy ships and dangerous sea. Jiho is having a little talk with the new driver,mildly threatening him to take care of Himchan. Himchan turns away from the sea as he feels bile traveling up his throat,stepping away from the edge to nurse his nausea.

 

"You ok?" "I'm fine." Jiho wears a concern face as he embraces the beautiful male,squishing the light out of him. "Kim Himchan,dont skip your meal,make sure you lock all the doors and windows before sleeping,dont overwork yourself,oh,and if you have a fever,take this with warm water. Its a healing herbs from China."Jiho shoves a packet of green liquid to Himchan's pocket. Himchan put it back into Jiho's pocket before cupping the other's face firmly. "Woo Jiho,i'm not the one that's leaving,and you'll need the herbs more than i do since you keep 11 packets of those on the kitchen cabinet. Please,i beg you,please take care,get enough rest and eat regularly." "Yes,ma'am." Jiho nods,giving his thumb up.

 

"I want you to have this.." Jiho retrieves a velvet box from his pocket,placing it on Himchan's hand. Himchan stares confusely before opening the box,only to find there's a beautifully craved key inside of it."What's this key for?" Jiho just smiles,squeezing his shoulders meaningfully. "You'll know one day. It's my gift for you." Jiho gives Himchan one last peck on the lips before hoping into the almost moving ship."Kim Himchan,i love you!" his shout is muffled by the sound of the hooning ship but his words rings inside of Himchan's head almost deafeningly."I love you too, Woo Jiho! Make sure you come back to me!"

 

Jiho plasters an almost forced smile as he nods eagerly,his eyes b with unshed tears. Himchan waves him back,wearing the same forced smile,keep waving until the ship sails out of his sight. He knows Jiho will miss him too. He knows one day Jiho will come back to him,more succesful than ever. He does not cry. He'll be strong for Jiho. "Himchan-sshi,lets get you home now. Master told me to take you home as soon as he leaves." Himchan complies,walking after his driver named Jaehyo,looking too young for such occupation.

 

On the way back home,Jaehyo's question breaks him out of his trance. "He seems like he loves you so much. He even told me to bring you to market every 2 days and to make sure you eat well. Is he your husband?" Himchan tears his gaze away from the scenery to stare at his driver,small smile creeps up his face. "He's not my husband but something similar. We love each other but not in romantic way. We are bestfriends. Bestfriends that kiss each other a lot. Maybe love is a weak word to describe our extended relationship."

 

#####